Mag? N? Something else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

key2life

Reaction score
I've got a couple of new plants - one's doing great, one's got problems. The veins in the leaves are staying dark green, but the outside of the leaf is getting real light, and now the tips are looking brown. These plants have had spider mites already, and got way too much rainfall on them as seedlings. I pulled them inside and have them under MH lighting 24/0.

I initially thought it was a N deficiency and used some fish emulsion on them. I also tried some epsom salts at .5 tsp per gallon thinking it might be Mag deficiency. Now I'm worried that I may have overcooked them. I plan on letting them dry out for a few days, but was hoping to get some feedback on what y'all think it might be.

I posted the pics in a grow thread, but probably should have put them here instead. Here's the link to the pics and thread:

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65431

Still a total rube,

:icon_smile::icon_smile: key :icon_smile::icon_smile:

Outside of the fish emulsion and epsom salts, I haven't fed them anything. They've only been in FFOF for 2 weeks now, and I thought it had 4-5 weeks of nutrients in it.

Thanks, key :icon_smile::icon_smile:

i have not used ff but believe it has all the nutes your babies should need for a good 10 week veg---i would stop feeding them---and my guess is your new growth will be green and lush

The fish fert is pretty strong Nitrogen supply. I wouldn't use anything that strong on an indoor grow. It certainly looks like a magnesium deficiency to me. If you added epsom salt then it should come back in color in a few days. The Mag in that isn't immediately availabe to the plant when initially put into the soil, so it will take about 3-6 days for it to fully return to normal. By day 3 you should see some change beginning. If you don't see improvement in 5 days then you may be having a nute lockout. In that case you will have to flush the soil with a couple gal of water then go back with a ballanced nute solution in the proper PH level after it dries out some. :)

Thanks, OS and HP - appreciate the help!

key

Your pics do look like a toxic od. Lol
Leaning towards early N over dose.

As stated stop feeding. That soil should keep u going for a bit
LH.

Don't feed them any more for at least 3 weeks. Ffof does have nutes in it that is why we don't add any till 4 weeks.

Latest posts

Back