marijuana side effects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kaotik said:
any seizures since? and what were you doing before? had you just smoked one recently?

i'm not a doc, but i highly doubt it was from MJ.
i'm epileptic too.. that first seizure seems to just happens man, doesn't seem like any rhyme or reason to it.
i was just hanging with my buddies after skateboarding, then fell flat to the cement (yeah was great. be thankfull you didn't knock your teeth out like i did. nothing like all the doctor tests, and dentist crap too.)
i got the same results with all my testing as you, no tumour or anything gnarly, but problematic EEG's

i dunno man, the more tests and vague answers i got, the more it appeared to me that "seizure" and "epilepsy" are basicaly medical terms for "we don't know ***'s going on"

good luck with whatever you do.. take it easy for a bit, see if another comes on. like other said, stop smoking for a bit if you want, and see if it happens again when you're completely clean (my bets it will)

and if they do diagnose you with epilepsy and he gives you perscription, make sure if he gives you tigertal, you get the slow release. the regular messed me up badly.
good luck

i as well have seizures...
for 9 yrs now.. with no answer why, or what causes them.. also i have not been diagnosed with epilepsy.. but i do take a percription..
stress.. has a big factor or "triggers" my seizures..
they never asked me to quit smoking dope.. they new yes..
but quitting for 3 months and living a normal life other then the smoking will tell you for sure..
then chances are theres something in the mj that "triggers" or sets off the seizure (which basically is a chemical imbalance in the brain) i do beleive.. i am as well no doctor..
but after 9 yrs i am finally going through tests again to try and stop em.. im takin the dilantin.. i have 3 seizures a yr some times 4.. but they dont know why lol ...
its alwas nice getting the "i dont know "from the doc..

good luck.. stay safe and padded:p
LH

Guess the govt is right... Potency is up 600%. So stount now it can cause seizures.

No prob baktea. I am grateful for your post. I am so happy to see that others have epilepsy too. Makes me feel like I'm not so alone. Kao, LH, thanks for chiming in here. :)

SmokinMom said:
No prob baktea. I am grateful for your post. I am so happy to see that others have epilepsy too. Makes me feel like I'm not so alone. Kao, LH, thanks for chiming in here. :)

LOL no prob.. i always thought i was the 1 in 20 ... i know a few people that was just diagnosed epileptic... a guy i went to school with.. hes 23.. reading triggers his.. like reading a book..

it scares me now i have kids.. but the best thing to i would say is if you have loved ones ie. kids old enough.. 1st aid.. put em through the new first aid coarse they go through seizure pretty well..

a good myth is, you will swallow your tounge.. you wont..
LH

well this is gonna be a hit a miss situation.. for alot now..

but kaotik when did you start having seizures?? did they by chance tell you what causes them or may trigger them?? how long have you had them for?? when did your first one happen?? are they grand mals?? and have you had any since. in no did you change anything in your life patteren ie. quit drinking,smoking,meth, crack lol jk on the meth n crack..

LH

I just hope no one calls 911 on me again. The ER and ambulance bills are huge and I am still paying on it.

But yes, my kids did do the right thing that day. Now all I can do is educate them on what to do if it happens again. Its funny- it happend while sitting in my puter chair and I fell on the floor. My 5 yr old keeps putting pillows in that area just in case....LOL.

SmokinMom said:
I just hope no one calls 911 on me again. The ER and ambulance bills are huge and I am still paying on it.

But yes, my kids did do the right thing that day. Now all I can do is educate them on what to do if it happens again. Its funny- it happend while sitting in my puter chair and I fell on the floor. My 5 yr old keeps putting pillows in that area just in case....LOL.

That happens to me too SM.. not the comp but when staring off into the distace (concintratng) on one spot.... when it happened at wrk all i did was take 2 steps to the right kinda lean over to see if the flare stack was gonna clear the wall and bin bang boom i woke up in the office with everyone looking at me like holly man your alive.:p

you have the right to sign yourself out of the ambulance.. then you can get a friend to take you to the hospital... they cant take you against your consent...

theres not much really one can do till its over... unless your "seizuring" fr longer then 2-3 minutes then i would call 911 as well not good...
LH
good to hear your ok though... geez

Yea, hard to tell the paramedics to not take me while I am unconscious or in a state of amnesia.

I am considering getting a med alert bracelet or something, but I dont want to have the stigma associated with E.

Maybe a tatoo on my arm that states "I dont care how cute of a paramedic you are, leave me where I lay".. LMAO!

SmokinMom said:
Yea, hard to tell the paramedics to not take me while I am unconscious or in a state of amnesia.

I am considering getting a med alert bracelet or something, but I dont want to have the stigma associated with E.

Maybe a tatoo on my arm that states "I dont care how cute of a paramedic you are, leave me where I lay".. LMAO!

you can actually get them.. lil med alert tattoos.
yeah for me everytime the paremedics have got to me im kinda up or there getting me concious.... check my blood preasure pupils ask some q's and i sign away..
saves a few hun..
LH
:rofl:

The last thing I remember was being wheeled out. :( I couldnt have told them to leave me there if I tried.

But in the ambulance they asked me questions like what day is it, whats my last name, etc...I then told the one EMT that he was very handsome...LMFAO!!

I keep forgetting to bake some cookies for my local fire station, then I'd get to see them again.

SmokinMom said:
The last thing I remember was being wheeled out. :( I couldnt have told them to leave me there if I tried.

But in the ambulance they asked me questions like what day is it, whats my last name, etc...I then told the one EMT that he was very handsome...LMFAO!!

I keep forgetting to bake some cookies for my local fire station, then I'd get to see them again.

:rofl: LMFAO!!!!!!!:laugh:
oh my god thats funny... you should have told him your last name is for you to know only.. we will see how the first date goes...
i can tell you my # though:rofl: :laugh:
.....sry hehe:p
LH

LEFTHAND said:
well this is gonna be a hit a miss situation.. for alot now..

but kaotik when did you start having seizures?? did they by chance tell you what causes them or may trigger them?? how long have you had them for?? when did your first one happen?? are they grand mals?? and have you had any since. in no did you change anything in your life patteren ie. quit drinking,smoking,meth, crack lol jk on the meth n crack..

LH
first seizure at 18 (few weird incidents prior in hind-sight though)

all i remember was hanging with friends, then waking up in the hospital.. friends told me later that after i did "the funky chicken" on the ground apparently i put up quite the fight getting in the ambulance "this sucks, lets get outta here" "F this i'm going home!" "lets go guys this sucks" etc :D don't remember a thing, but we get a good laugh about it now.

they never could figure out why, and didn't say what triggered them.

i had my last seizure about 5-6 years ago, when i went off my meds. doctor now leaves it to my discretion to stay on them or try going off again.. i'm ok with my current meds, so i'm fine just staying on em. i really didn't like the ones before, that's why i tried going off them.

and yeah, i pretty much quit drinking (wasn't to hard for me, i was always more a stoner) and doing mushrooms :(

the meth and crack, well that's all good still :rofl: (j/k.. obviously)

kaotik said:
first seizure at 18 (few weird incidents prior in hind-sight though)

all i remember was hanging with friends, then waking up in the hospital.. friends told me later that after i did "the funky chicken" on the ground apparently i put up quite the fight getting in the ambulance "this sucks, lets get outta here" "F this i'm going home!" "lets go guys this sucks" etc :D don't remember a thing, but we get a good laugh about it now.

they never could figure out why, and didn't say what triggered them.

i had my last seizure about 5-6 years ago, when i went off my meds. doctor now leaves it to my discretion to stay on them or try going off again.. i'm ok with my current meds, so i'm fine just staying on em. i really didn't like the ones before, that's why i tried going off them.

and yeah, i pretty much quit drinking (wasn't to hard for me, i was always more a stoner) and doing mushrooms :(

the meth and crack, well that's all good still :rofl: (j/k.. obviously)

thats awsome man.. your still smokin the jane eh..
im more of a stoner now then drinker..
5-6 yrs thats awsome.. what are you taking for meds??
thanx
LH

SmokinMom said:

I am not sure if it is actually epilepsy...i sure hope its not...i am really starting to wonder what actually caused my seizures???

baktea said:
I am not sure if it is actually epilepsy...i sure hope its not...i am really starting to wonder what actually caused my seizures???

but if they say your epeleptic, then you know it can be cured/controled.. vs not nowing what you have. just you have seizures.. like me i dont have epilepsy but yet i have seizures..
had any seizures since??
LH

LEFTHAND said:
but if they say your epeleptic, then you know it can be cured/controled.. vs not nowing what you have. just you have seizures.. like me i dont have epilepsy but yet i have seizures..
had any seizures since??
LH

i had one that night...then after they got done with one of the cat scans i had another one at the hospital but none since then...they have me on dilantin and it seems to be working for me...i am really just feening for some bud right now....but i think i should just take a break from it just to see if that is really the reason that i am having the seizures

baktea said:
i had one that night...then after they got done with one of the cat scans i had another one at the hospital but none since then...they have me on dilantin and it seems to be working for me...i am really just feening for some bud right now....but i think i should just take a break from it just to see if that is really the reason that i am having the seizures

I see. I see. there taking me off the dilantin now... hopefully its not the buds making you flop around... i asked my doctor today if you could be linked and he said possible but not likely.. who knows though now of days... well good luck to ya man.. stay standing.
i dont know if the doc mentioned it. but try to take showers for a bit..
;) no one needs to have a seizure in the bath..
take care, be safe
LH

LEFTHAND said:
I see. I see. there taking me off the dilantin now... hopefully its not the buds making you flop around... i asked my doctor today if you could be linked and he said possible but not likely.. who knows though now of days... well good luck to ya man.. stay standing.
i dont know if the doc mentioned it. but try to take showers for a bit..
;) no one needs to have a seizure in the bath..
take care, be safe
LH

thanks a lot lefthand....i went back to my neurologist today and he took me off the dilantin cause i had an allergic reaction to it...i started breaking out in a bad rash the other night and he told me to stop taking it now he gave me some new stuff also for seizures called neurontin aka gabapentin...it is the 100mg one and he said that i can start taking that stuff next week...then after that he is gonna up the mg's to 300mg so hopefully that will start working...the doc also told me that he really thinks i should stop smoking weed...he said that he treated a patient that was smoking weed and after a while after smoking he developed paralysis on the left side of his body...but after the story was over he also claimed to say that once that patient was smoking weed for a while he started doing crack or something that was a lot harder than weed...i just thought to myself that no wonder the guy got paralysis he started doing crack...i just really wanna smoke right now...idk what to do...i also went to a doc here in my town the other day and he told me that more than likely me smoking marijuana was not the cause of my seizures so i really hope he is right...i want to smoke again...what do you think lefthand?

Latest posts

Back