marijuana side effects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
baktea said:
Hi...havent checked in for a while now...so i figured that i would come and update everyone on how i am doing....so i have been smoking again for a while and just a couple of days ago i had another seizure!!!!...pretty much the same thing happened...docs told me not to smoke again...,but they did say that me smoking was not what was causing the seizures...they said that my eating habits were weird and that i am over eating and not getting enuf exercise....so they put me back on the neurotin and i am taking that now...i think i am gonna keep on smoking...one of the reasons that they said i should not smoke is because of what smoking does to ur appitite....when i get high i eat a lot of food basically...and they said that it is not good for me...so i am going to stop eating when i am high and start getting more exercise on a daily basis...figured i would update everyone

Good day or not so ..
i as well had a seizure 2 days ago.. weird.. but im aloud to keep on smokin.. what the hell.. the doctors figure its the opposit of you i have weird eating habbits.. and shetty sleeping... and dosent take MJ into concideration at all.. :eek: ... u over eat and have em i under eat and have em.. weird.. good to hear your alive..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
.. weird..
yeah, that about sums up seizures. ;) :)
same with when the doc tells you "you have epilepsy".. he's basically saying "you have something messed up with your head that we can't figure out, so we're labelling it under the broad spectrum of epilepsy"
:D

kaotik said:
same with when the doc tells you "you have epilepsy".. he's basically saying "you have something messed up with your head that we can't figure out, so we're labelling it under the broad spectrum of epilepsy"

Too true!!

I haven't had a big one since last August. However, I wonder if my meds have controlled those and now they represent themselves differently as the more mild ones. I sure have some freaky days - light-headed, blank staring, pretty out of it, but able to function still. :p

I am in the process of looking for a new neuro.

Glad you checked in baktea, and sorry you had another sz, you too LF. LF, did you change meds? I know you mentioned you might be.

There are a number of things that can cause seizures. Low blood sugar, or high, heart problems, parasites, changes in light (eyes cant keep up with the lights changing, or one eye does and one doesn't), alcohol, sleep deprivation, insect bites (poisons/diseases) and the list goes on.

You could have whacked your head in the past and just now are having issues from it. Maybe you simple passed out at some point, fell and hit your head, and now suffer seizures. There are so many different things it could be, some you might not even realize have happened to you.

Best thing to do though, is keep on doing what you are. Go to the Dr. see what they say, stay off the weed for a while, while you start the new drugs the doctors are going to give you. Also, if you want to keep driving a car (I assume you drive at least once in a while) stay on those drugs. The last thing you need to do is have another while driving and hit someone or something. The drugs don't stop seizures 100% but they bring them down to almost never.

Former 911 operator...I've heard it all. From both sides.

********EDIT***************
Wow, I totally missed the dates on this, sorry everyone. I thought this was today. Never mind.

:yeahthat:
kaotik said:
:yeahthat:
not true... it can be as small as a scare in your brain causing it. that you got when you were 13. or as simple as a light flicker.. i have a friend who goes into seizures when he reads...... theres more to them then just flopping and you have epilepsy..
for me and maybe you and SM they havent found out whats causeing them.. other then the tie into of me not eating properly and getting 3-4 hrs sleep a night... so with those 2 factors and me being a high stress guy im told im just inviting them to take place..
also i have been on the same meds for 7yrs now.. that could hae something to do with it.. but i always thought that way too abou seizures till i started seein this new doctor.. and the the type of epilepsy you have also plays a huge part in it all as well.. kinda interesting in a way...
except for the factor they laid me off wrk bcuz of it lol.. really not funny..
lol but yeah... i hope to beable to tell you all more info on whats wrong and if the have found out the cause of my seizures in a few months.. or at least become seizure free..
thanx and take care MP.
LH

Yea, I have narrowed down a few of my triggers...stress, accessive ammts of alcohol and maybe my menstrual cycle. Perhaps dehydration and lack of sleep (after a night of heavy drinking)..

Speaking of sleep- normally I get between 7-10 hrs..big sleeper here usually. :p

The only common denominaters from my 2 big seizures is stress and being in the middle of my cycle.

I keep trying to analyze it all.

I think my meds control my grand mals, but they have since become a milder type, simple/complex partials. All I know is somethings still going on, and my dr doent seem to be concerned.

Looking for a new neuro.

I am on Lamictal XR.

My mother had an "episode" in her sleep at 39 yrs old. She shook so bad she woke my dad in the middle of the night. When she woke in the hospital they ran every test known at the time and found nothing wrong with her. The doc shrugged his shoulders and said they couldn't find anything in the test results and sent her home diagnosed as an epileptic and put her on seizure meds. Almost WORD FOR WORD they said exactly what kaotik said.

Originally Posted by kaotik

Two months later she had her second episode and she died. I remember my dad standing in the emergency room yelling at the doctor "Have you ever heard of ANYONE dieing from "Epilepsy"? " Doctors throw out generic wide sweeping diagnosis all the time. This is reality. I have also learned that many doctors - possibly in a feeble attempt to "dummy it down for the masses" misuse a lot of terms. My neurologist told me I had "ocular mirgraines"????? Well of course I went home to read up on them - there's no such thing????? I make a point of never ever ever correcting someone else on their interpretation of a physicians diagnosis. I also make a point of asking for a pen and paper and the correct spelling of a word when a doctor speaks beyond everyday English. Doctors say the darnedest things....

I am so sorry about your mom OHC. :(

Do you think she may have gone into status?

Status epilepticus (SE) refers to a life-threatening condition in which the brain is in a state of persistent seizure. Definitions vary, but traditionally it is defined as one continuous unremitting seizure lasting longer than 5-10 minutes, or recurrent seizures without regaining consciousness between seizures for greater than 30 minutes. There is some evidence that 5 minutes is sufficient to damage neurons and that seizures are unlikely to self-terminate by that time.

**hugs**

Sorry about your mom also OHC.

I have a friend who's wife went into the emergency room complaining of chest pains, the doctors there sent her home with the diagnoses of haveing an extreme case of gas...without running any MRI's or CAT scans...she died that night from heart failure. My buddy ended up sueing for malpractice and recieved a very nice chunk of money...but it did not bring his wife back...the guy has not been the same since his wifes death.

I don't know SM. Thanks for the hug. ;) No worries LF - it was a long time ago - and everyone looses a parent eventually.
After two months of exhausting torture and painful tests, and seeing what they did to her in the ER, we chose not to have an autopsy so we don't know more than what I've shared SM ..... and it doesn't really change anything now.

SmokinMom said:
Yea, I have narrowed down a few of my triggers...stress, accessive ammts of alcohol and maybe my menstrual cycle. Perhaps dehydration and lack of sleep (after a night of heavy drinking)..

Speaking of sleep- normally I get between 7-10 hrs..big sleeper here usually. :p

The only common denominaters from my 2 big seizures is stress and being in the middle of my cycle.

I keep trying to analyze it all.

I think my meds control my grand mals, but they have since become a milder type, simple/complex partials. All I know is somethings still going on, and my dr doent seem to be concerned.

Looking for a new neuro.

I am on Lamictal XR.

I too have noticed some things that are common when i have a seizure...the only thing that i can come up with is stress...both times that i have had a seizure stress has been very noticeable in my life...so that is really the only thing that i can think of...im on the meds now and my days have been going pretty good here lately and im still trying to get as much exercise as i can

That's a bummer about your mother.I have been medicating with MJ since the mid 60's. Many times I have smokes, stood up to soon and felt dizzy or ever passed out. Just think about it. You just took a big toke and your holding it in. All your blood vessels are sucking up all the THC crystals in the smoke. Hold it a little longer....longer...OK, let it all out. ( Not all smoke leaves. ) Now stand up fast and you may pass out. This could happen to anyone. I think that's the reason why POT HEADS aways go so SLOW. Peace out

Latest posts

Back