marijuana side effects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you check in baktea!!

Is he weaning you off the dilantin slowly? These are serious meds and you should titrate up slowly and also ween yourself off slowly too. I am Lamictal XR and he started me first on 25mg for 2 weeks, then 50 for 2 weeks, then 100 for two weeks, then 150 for 2 weeks, and then up to 200mg which is what he wants me on.

Serious serious brain medication, be careful!!

baktea said:
thanks a lot lefthand....i went back to my neurologist today and he took me off the dilantin cause i had an allergic reaction to it...i started breaking out in a bad rash the other night and he told me to stop taking it now he gave me some new stuff also for seizures called neurontin aka gabapentin...it is the 100mg one and he said that i can start taking that stuff next week...then after that he is gonna up the mg's to 300mg so hopefully that will start working...the doc also told me that he really thinks i should stop smoking weed...he said that he treated a patient that was smoking weed and after a while after smoking he developed paralysis on the left side of his body...but after the story was over he also claimed to say that once that patient was smoking weed for a while he started doing crack or something that was a lot harder than weed...i just thought to myself that no wonder the guy got paralysis he started doing crack...i just really wanna smoke right now...idk what to do...i also went to a doc here in my town the other day and he told me that more than likely me smoking marijuana was not the cause of my seizures so i really hope he is right...i want to smoke again...what do you think lefthand?

Good to see your still walkin and talking baktea..
ouch thats no good about the rash eeek.. an ugly rash or one of them ichy ones.. lol .. they have said for yrs that MJ is a "gate way" drug.. its the person who decides wheather to smoke crack or to smoke meth , to MJ.. of coarse the doc dont want you to smoke MJ..
but the one thing you did that i liked was get a second opinion.. as from what i understood there was he went off to the worste senarios as possible. "smoking crack" "praralysis".. the other doc on the other hand sound honest. i am sure he didnt say hell go out smoke all the MJ you want, but he did give you a straight out answer..

i think its up to YOU on what you wanna do..
that doc thats all about the crack.. did he even answer you with a yes/no or side track the topic??
take care and be safe baktea.. ..
let me know how you make out..
LH

I've already shown it to a few of ya, but for anyone that hasn't seen it, good article about a NFL player with epilepsy.

hXXp://neurologynow.com/pt/re/neuronow/fulltext.01222928-200905050-00022.htm;jsessionid=KjLZ8SzhG16Hv7p2Fhvc1mMk9GvSXHF1hKRNZg1mvhYgBSS0T96b!-1127164547!181195628!8091!-1

How are you today baktea?

SmokinMom said:
Glad to see you check in baktea!!

Is he weaning you off the dilantin slowly? These are serious meds and you should titrate up slowly and also ween yourself off slowly too. I am Lamictal XR and he started me first on 25mg for 2 weeks, then 50 for 2 weeks, then 100 for two weeks, then 150 for 2 weeks, and then up to 200mg which is what he wants me on.

Serious serious brain medication, be careful!!

SM he did not ween me off of the dilantin slowly...i was reacting so badly to it that he told me to stop right away...he hasnt started me on the other seizure meds yet...these are called gabapentin it is 100mgs and he is gonna have me taking these slowly at the beginning like 1 med the first night the 2 meds the 2nd night then 3 meds the 3rd night...and i have to stay on 3 meds nightly until i run out...so i really hope this works out...as of today i feel probably the best that i have felt in a while...it woke up and had a great breakfast and it is going great...lets just hope it stays this way!!

LEFTHAND said:
Good to see your still walkin and talking baktea..
ouch thats no good about the rash eeek.. an ugly rash or one of them ichy ones.. lol .. they have said for yrs that MJ is a "gate way" drug.. its the person who decides wheather to smoke crack or to smoke meth , to MJ.. of coarse the doc dont want you to smoke MJ..
but the one thing you did that i liked was get a second opinion.. as from what i understood there was he went off to the worste senarios as possible. "smoking crack" "praralysis".. the other doc on the other hand sound honest. i am sure he didnt say hell go out smoke all the MJ you want, but he did give you a straight out answer..

i think its up to YOU on what you wanna do..
that doc thats all about the crack.. did he even answer you with a yes/no or side track the topic??
take care and be safe baktea.. ..
let me know how you make out..
LH

thanks for responding LH...the rash was a combination of those two...it was ugly as hell but it also was very very itchy...he told me to start taking some benedryl and i have been doing that and the rash is pretty much completely gone now which is great.....and he also has me on a steroid called medrol...it is being used for an anti inflammatory...that has been helping as well...like i said that rash is basically gone....i really dont know what i want to do...i really wanna go out and smoke again but i really wanna be safe...like i said i go in for the sleep deprived EEG on the 10th of nov. and most times ppl get a straight up answer that day or the next day on what is wrong...if anything....the really funny thing is last night i was around ppl smoking mj for really the first time since the incident...i didnt really get a contact buzz or anything but i was right there with them but i just didnt smoke...it was soooo tempting to just say hey man pass it here....i really wanted to but i figured i need to really sit down and think about it before i actually make the decision.....the doctor that told me that i should never smoke again really didnt answer my question about is MJ really bad for me or is the possibility that i will experiment with other drugs (which i wont!) is really bad for me...so really he is just beating around the bush

baktea said:
thanks for responding LH...the rash was a combination of those two...it was ugly as hell but it also was very very itchy...he told me to start taking some benedryl and i have been doing that and the rash is pretty much completely gone now which is great.....and he also has me on a steroid called medrol...it is being used for an anti inflammatory...that has been helping as well...like i said that rash is basically gone....i really dont know what i want to do...i really wanna go out and smoke again but i really wanna be safe...like i said i go in for the sleep deprived EEG on the 10th of nov. and most times ppl get a straight up answer that day or the next day on what is wrong...if anything....the really funny thing is last night i was around ppl smoking mj for really the first time since the incident...i didnt really get a contact buzz or anything but i was right there with them but i just didnt smoke...it was soooo tempting to just say hey man pass it here....i really wanted to but i figured i need to really sit down and think about it before i actually make the decision.....the doctor that told me that i should never smoke again really didnt answer my question about is MJ really bad for me or is the possibility that i will experiment with other drugs (which i wont!) is really bad for me...so really he is just beating around the bush

Thats good to hear your getting things in order.. i hope they tell you more then they told m e on my EEG.. (they said) and i quote.. we dont see anything, wrong or out of order. and MRI will definitly tell us.. it was a 2 yr wait to get on in SASK.. so i had to go out of prov. and it cost me 770$ they told me to go back home to get an EEG and that should tell us whats goin on.. i was so pissed... im still in the wait to see another specilist... soon i hope...
smoking dope is your call dude. you waited this long wait another 10 days till after your EEG atleast.. try askin another doc since the other one just tried to play dad.. "scare" you out of it.. i know lots of people who have seizures and smoke... im one of them.. i have a total of 2-3 a yr... bout every 4 months or so
i have a friend that has a rare type of epelepsy. he has seizures when reading... crazy eh.. another one of my friends when shes driving at sunset or rise she has to pull over and wait... just the flickering moting from the light between the trees on the highway triggers them... crazy.....eh...
let me know how things work out...
take care play safe. if your gonna smoke smoke in your room and dont go anywhere. write down anything you may think is weird feeling incase you do twig out... then your paper will be your memory;)
LH

LEFTHAND said:
Thats good to hear your getting things in order.. i hope they tell you more then they told m e on my EEG.. (they said) and i quote.. we dont see anything, wrong or out of order. and MRI will definitly tell us.. it was a 2 yr wait to get on in SASK.. so i had to go out of prov. and it cost me 770$ they told me to go back home to get an EEG and that should tell us whats goin on.. i was so pissed... im still in the wait to see another specilist... soon i hope...
smoking dope is your call dude. you waited this long wait another 10 days till after your EEG atleast.. try askin another doc since the other one just tried to play dad.. "scare" you out of it.. i know lots of people who have seizures and smoke... im one of them.. i have a total of 2-3 a yr... bout every 4 months or so
i have a friend that has a rare type of epelepsy. he has seizures when reading... crazy eh.. another one of my friends when shes driving at sunset or rise she has to pull over and wait... just the flickering
moting from the light between the trees on the highway triggers them... crazy.....eh...

let me know how things work out...
take care play safe. if your gonna smoke smoke in your room and dont go anywhere. write down anything you may think is weird feeling incase you do twig out... then your paper will be your memory;)
LH

yeah man that sounds like a good idea....i will probably do that paper memory thing...i will wait it out for another 9 days till my test then i am probably gonna be back to smokin...its real hard to be around all my friends and they go out and smoke and i cant join them to do it too....but i have been strong this far so im sure that i can wait a few more days. thanks for the advice LH

baktea said:
yeah man that sounds like a good idea....i will probably do that paper memory thing...i will wait it out for another 9 days till my test then i am probably gonna be back to smokin...its real hard to be around all my friends and they go out and smoke and i cant join them to do it too....but i have been strong this far so im sure that i can wait a few more days. thanks for the advice LH

No problem man. been there. know how ya feel.. with me it was the whiskeys. hehe.:eek: but i just dont drink period now. ive woken up to many times by myself after having a seizure and i'll tell ya when you just dont remember things it gets a lil freaky.. hope fully they will find out the reason and beable to pin point it for yas.. then you can break it down and say that you know smoking weed is bad but if you do it once and awhile is it gonna make ya do the funky..
stay strong good luck.
i harvest one in 9 days lol
LH

LEFTHAND said:
No problem man. been there. know how ya feel.. with me it was the whiskeys. hehe.:eek: but i just dont drink period now. ive woken up to many times by myself after having a seizure and i'll tell ya when you just dont remember things it gets a lil freaky.. hope fully they will find out the reason and beable to pin point it for yas.. then you can break it down and say that you know smoking weed is bad but if you do it once and awhile is it gonna make ya do the funky..
stay strong good luck.
i harvest one in 9 days lol
LH

yeah i am thinking that they will find out what it was...hopefully...thanks for the encouragement man....lol what do u mean i harvest one in 9 days? lol....i mean i can smoke again in 8 days....lol...is that what you were talking about?

baktea-

I had a 48 hr eeg I was able to do at home. Even tho I didn't have any seizures during that time, it did pick up abnormal activity in my brain both while sleeping and when awake and said it was consistant with my type of epilepsy.

I had 2 MRIs that didn't show a damn thing. I am also mad having to pay for those.

Lately I don't feel much like smoking. I was always more of a beer drinker anyways. It's funny now when I have crappy days I'll get a 6 pack of beer fully intending to get drunk and only end up drinking 2 or 3 at the max. Just don't feel like it anymore.

These brain meds I am on are pretty damn powerful. Hopefully it will keep me seizure-free. I do have a few negative side effects, but the benefits more then make up for it so far. I dream everynight now. Before I'd only remember 2 dreams a year. :D

Hi lefty!!

And anyone else.

Yea, slightly high here. Did the above make any sense??????

:giggle:

SmokinMom said:
baktea-

I had a 48 hr eeg I was able to do at home. Even tho I didn't have any seizures during that time, it did pick up abnormal activity in my brain both while sleeping and when awake and said it was consistant with my type of epilepsy.

I had 2 MRIs that didn't show a damn thing. I am also mad having to pay for those.

Lately I don't feel much like smoking. I was always more of a beer drinker anyways. It's funny now when I have crappy days I'll get a 6 pack of beer fully intending to get drunk and only end up drinking 2 or 3 at the max. Just don't feel like it anymore.

These brain meds I am on are pretty damn powerful. Hopefully it will keep me seizure-free. I do have a few negative side effects, but the benefits more then make up for it so far. I dream everynight now. Before I'd only remember 2 dreams a year. :D

Hi lefty!!

And anyone else.

Yea, slightly high here. Did the above make any sense??????

:giggle:

hahaha yes smokin mom it did make sense....ugh i am sooo jealous u were smokin!!!!...damn i really want too as well....only 7 more days for me then i get to smoke again!!!!....yeah those meds that they got me on are pretty damn powerful as well...it is called gabapentin...and i take them once a day 3 pills which is 300mg...so that is really nice since i am going right to bed...i sleep so great at night...dreams all the time too...and i remember most of them!!!!

Hey yall chicken floppers..
hows life... well SM i had another one... hehe.. noot good at all.. ripped my back all up... so be prepared for one... your times coming.. lol
your supose to be before me...
LH

hey everyone...i went today and had my sleep deprived EEG it went well i guess....they wouldnt tell me whether or not i had a seizure which i think is soooo stupid....but i finally smoked for the first time again today and it was sooo great...they said i gotta wait a week b4 i get to call the doc and he tells me whats going on...but i know it was stress related cause i had a lot going on in my life during the time of the seizure (my grandpa had just died and i was stressing over midterms)

Good to hear your doing good man..
i bet it felt awsome to smoke again... have you had more then one?? or just the one??.. take care.. hope all goes well with the phone call..
LH

LEFTHAND said:
Good to hear your doing good man..
i bet it felt awsome to smoke again... have you had more then one?? or just the one??.. take care.. hope all goes well with the phone call..
LH

Thanks man.....it did feel awesome to smoke again....my tolerance is sooo low now lol....i just had the one seizure....thanks take care man

hey man got the phone call and doc said everything is good now and most likely it was stress related...so i just have to control my stress and manage that better and everything will be good!!

SWEET DEAL bro..

well keep the stress down some man.. i know its hard being one with high stress..hehe.. whooooops
my mother use to stress the living crap right out of me.. just tried the whole to mothering thing.. and everytime i talked to her i would have one.. lol:eek: lol...
good to hear alls well.. play safe..
LH

Hi...havent checked in for a while now...so i figured that i would come and update everyone on how i am doing....so i have been smoking again for a while and just a couple of days ago i had another seizure!!!!...pretty much the same thing happened...docs told me not to smoke again...,but they did say that me smoking was not what was causing the seizures...they said that my eating habits were weird and that i am over eating and not getting enuf exercise....so they put me back on the neurotin and i am taking that now...i think i am gonna keep on smoking...one of the reasons that they said i should not smoke is because of what smoking does to ur appitite....when i get high i eat a lot of food basically...and they said that it is not good for me...so i am going to stop eating when i am high and start getting more exercise on a daily basis...figured i would update everyone

Latest posts

Back