Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
I decided to germ some seeds one day, got only 3 out of 20 seeds (they were old and abused). Basically, what I have got at the moment is one great plant, one not so great, and a runty plant. I'm going to start the pictures from beginning to present (I've had this grow going for the past two and a half weeks).

grow1.jpg

grow2.jpg

setup1.jpg

Those look nice, short and stocky is the way. One note though, I would germ more seeds If I were you, you could get a better selection and you'll be prepared for males /hermis. I know what your thinking you get a bag of some straight dank and you find a seed and you hold onto it and then go to grow it. IMO the dude who grew that weed prolly knows what a male looks like and knows it will bring down his profits if not culled, so it was prolly due to a late hermi, a trait that carries on into the seed, not trying to crush your dreams or anything or be a downer, just trying to save you any headaches in long run, I dealt with a hermi few grows back from growing a bag seed. Just ***** because you invest time, money and a little bit of you into it, and then goes wrong last min...

goodluck with the babies :tokie: p.s what lights are you using :tokie:

Good luck with those babies. They look pretty good so far. What type of lights do you have on them? If you're going all cfls, you may want to get as many as you can on the plants to maximize the growth. Good luck and keep us posted on your grow my friend. Take care.

that fourth pic is lookin real nice man...what are your plans for flowering that sucka!

Thanks for the advice and comments all!

Lights are 2x 42 w CFL + 2x 27W. I know, not much, I would just love to add more but it's getting annoying trying to sleep with all this light in the corner of my room!

And Blunted, I had 20 seeds, had 3 germ for me in the first week or so, but I left the rest of my seeds in a cup of water for about 3 or 4 weeks.... They just got moldy, and I figured most of them wouldn't germ after that point. And If I were to get a hermy, what exactly would be the negative effects? Pollen in the grow area? Seeded bud? I wouldn't mind too too much, but that would still ****, hah.

Update: Miniscule nutrient burn on smallest plant (light light concentration added to 100 ml of water)
The biggest plant seems to love the nutrients and is quite a shade of sexy green!

Update:

I've never noticed this before but they actually smell pretty good in the vegetative stage. My room smells quite excellent at the moment.

Temps are steady under each light at 21-24 degrees C. Humidity is steady at around 55-62%.

I'm also planning on having a mother plant should I be lucky enough to get a female and grow some clones for outdoors when spring hits (just around the corner!!!)

The last pic are the rest of my lights... I know, I should be using 'em but I'm worried about the energy usage for some reason... I'm running around 150 watts 24/7! Ack!

web1.jpg

web2.jpg

web3.jpg

web4.jpg

UPDATE!!! :cool:

Today when I got home I accidentally tipped a lamp onto the bigger plant, so it is currently leaning to one side (no biggie, I'm sure). The other two plants are growing quite SLOW. Could this be genetics? They are pretty much growing under the same conditions as the big one, so I'm only assuming it's genetics at play here.

Oh, and today, I took a cutting from the biggest plant, dipped into a rooting powder and put into styrofoam cup with soil. I soaked the crap outta it, easy drainage and placed it under a CFL. Does the atmosphere HAVE to be high in humidity? Right now, its at around 60% humidity in the room.

webupdate21.jpg

webupdate22.jpg

webupdate23.jpg

Yes the humidity must be at 80-90% for succesful cloning i believe it is. Wrap a ziploc bag around that cup to lock in all moisture and humidity, give it about a week and ill bet ya you get some roots..:aok:

Ok, so this is how the future hope-to-be clone is doing... Not sure about the humidity and temperature inside the bag... But it does have plenty of water in the soil and good drainage. I've never attemped cloning before, so this is all new to me.
I'm going to flower the clone once it starts to grow, and see if I have a female mother plant, and if so, I'm going to be taking clones all spring and into the summer. :)

update11.jpg

UPDATE: Thursday March 20/08

Nothing new... extra lighting added, keeping the clone nice and wet. It's looking good, fairly limp and green, very glossy.

web1.jpg

web2.jpg

web3.jpg

web4.jpg

web5.jpg

nice little grow you got there man, best of luck....can't wait for some buddage!!

Aha, yea, it is a nice little grow. Nothing too spectacular. I'm wishing the biggest one is going to turn out to be a female... If so, I'm going to jump for joy so high my head is going to hit the roof!

UPDATE: March 23/08

Ok, had a problem with a light falling onto the smallest plant and burning a portion of the leaf. Also, the plants are probably suffering from the heat from the CFL's at their tops, the leaf tips are curling downwards with a bit of yellow. Or perhaps its a nutrient problem, or both? Anyways, the place smells great, and growth is still presuming. :)

net2.jpg

net3.jpg

net4.jpg

net5.jpg

Aha yea, thanks. I'm thinking about flowering the smallest one, but that means I'm going to need more firepower and a better spot to grow because of the smell and the mass amount of light. This whole thing is right beside my bed! I don't think I've slept in pitch black for over 3 weeks now.

Get some 2x4s and build you a small veg box. It would cost lil or nothing.

Yea, I was thinking about that. Perhaps putting them in a box in the loft of my barn, although the humidity levels will be super high in the summer, even with a fan.

Latest posts

Back