Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats on your harvest.:) . just read through the whole grow, wow i am really high, didnt realize i sat here so long. man was that ever one sweet bush:D . good luck with those clones. happy smoking...

Dude! That was a great grow, way better than my CFL grow. Way to have the green thumb man! LOL! As Brothers Grunt says be SURE to check back with dry weight :) HAPPY SMOKING (its the best when its your own aint it?)

Hey guys, thanks for checking out the grow journal. I hope I have inspired at least some of you in the art of CFL growing. The buds weren't huge, but crystally and potent with a great smell to boot. Perfect for a personal stash. Low set-up costs and easy installation made this grow a convenience and a wonderful experience.

I will be back with the dried weight count along with other facts such as environment statistics and nutrients and whatnot.

I smoked a joint today, and it was definately a 'thinking' high. I was just constantly delving into particular subjects and topics in my head. I wasn't so paranoid as with other types of weed, and I still had plenty of physical energy to do things afterwards.

You are the MAN just for giving that great smoke report. I would love to think when I'm high, I normally get late harvested Indica leaving me so stoned that I would ask you what my name is, but I can't move my lips to speak.

Congratulations on the OUTSTANDING harvest! just caught up on your last month. I am thinking of an all CFL grow this fall after the outdoor crop comes in. Mainly to have clones for spring and to see how well an all CFL grow would work out here. I am real impressed with your results. You put up a GREAT journal, thank you.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
UPDATE: March 23/08

Ok, had a problem with a light falling onto the smallest plant and burning a portion of the leaf. Also, the plants are probably suffering from the heat from the CFL's at their tops, the leaf tips are curling downwards with a bit of yellow. Or perhaps its a nutrient problem, or both? Anyways, the place smells great, and growth is still presuming. :)
Looking decent friend... I am thinking that you may need a bit of ventillation, perhaps a small fan to alleviate some of the heat from the lights. You can also try clean water every few feedings to see if the nutrients are building up too much. Good luck...

Truthwizard said:
Looking decent friend... I am thinking that you may need a bit of ventillation, perhaps a small fan to alleviate some of the heat from the lights. You can also try clean water every few feedings to see if the nutrients are building up too much. Good luck...

Thanks for the tips. I must say you are correct about having a fan on the lights. I had one that did a half circle, but I don't think it was close enough to the bulbs to really cool them.

New grow under way. A journal will be posted in due time!

hey man how ya doing??!! looking forward to seeing your new journal..you still sticking to cfls? Don't forget to post the link to it here or in your sig so we can see :D

yea i gots my fan directed at my bulbs, although i don't have much choice in the matter in my micro grow lol!

Im doin fine thorn, been a while since ive visited this place... And yes I will be sticking to CFL's. They are just so easy to set up and use and not to mention not having to worry about massive heat issues and fire risks!

I'll be checking out your micro grow. Sounds cool!

lol sweet glad to here your all good and yea get that new journal up for us all to see :D

Hey mebeafarmer, thanks for checking out my grow, it was a joy ride that's for sure, eheh. I can only take an estimate of what my dry weight would have been because I started smoking whatever was dry at the moment, but I did tally up a large sum of the stash that I got and I'm guessing that in total I had about 1.5-2 ounces from the entire plant.

so you know. i was gonna get an hps for the next grow til i read this, ill stick with cfls now and some flouro tubes. cheap can do wonders, but only if you have the knowledge to grow right. thats something im learning here. great journal btw. fantastic read, better than any book ive ever read

I'm glad this journal has helped a fellow grower. I wouldn't dismiss hps, because for a couple extra hundred watts you could be growing much bigger nugs and colas. But if you want to keep it simple, cfls are pretty cool :).

Heh, I love the look of your grow room MP, it reminds me of my first few weeks while I was waiting for my lights to come in.

"Hey, do you know where my desk lamp went?" "Do you know where my light bulb went?" asks my roommates...

"yeah.... im using em, but ill give em back in a couple days."

Just jumped in, but wanted to check and see whatcha got going on. Let me know when you get your new journal, ill definitely be jumping in.

Latest posts

Back