Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahhhh loookin very good my freind... ughh dontcha love clones... so that harvest comin up fast huh, how much dried weight you expecting?

awesome job MeNtAl...whendo we start watching trichs?..Be sure to PM me your address so I can come and help with the Harvest..i work cheap:hubba:

Hell Ya, Grow On With The CFL's!!!!!!,,,,,,,Damn Right Bro They Look Freak'n Steller:eek:

Update June 29/08

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
She's a monster that's for sure. :eek: ;)
Just as you prophesized! Never have I had such a large plant in general!

toke@smoke420 said:
ahhhh loookin very good my freind... ughh dontcha love clones... so that harvest comin up fast huh, how much dried weight you expecting?
Clones are great. Such a great way to spread the joy of growing to fellow growers and breeders... A great way to keep a constant female garden flourishing!
As for dried weight... I'm guessing.... eek... I don't want to over-estimate or anything but... probably an ounce or so? I really havn't done too many harvesting in my past experiences, so I can only really guess at this time.

4u2smoke said:
awesome job MeNtAl...whendo we start watching trichs?..Be sure to PM me your address so I can come and help with the Harvest..i work cheap:hubba:
If I could get some pics of the trichromes if that's what you mean, I would if I had a decent enough camera, hah. I'm really thiking about getting a magnifying glass.
And as for inviting you over for helping out with the harvest... has anybody ever given you their address and have you come over? Perhaps if I knew you more, I wouldn't mind gettin ya over here! It's gunna be a busy day!

HATCH said:
Hell Ya, Grow On With The CFL's!!!!!!,,,,,,,Damn Right Bro They Look Freak'n Steller:eek:
Aha, CFL's are definately a step down from HID lighting. But they are just so cheap to purchase and set-up, and not to mention the lack of fire hazards they present and also lack of heat. They offer anyone looking for some personal bud or simply a fun growing experience an affordable and viable choice.

----
Was sticking my finger in the soil last night... noticed those white wormy creatures again. I'm not going to worry about them at this stage of the game. They don't seem to be affecting her at all (not that I can see) and in order to get rid of them, I'd have to give my baby some sort of pesticide or dig them out and ruin a bunch of roots... So basically, I'm just going to let them be and change the soil next time around. I'm still not sure where or how they came from... My guess is the bonemeal/blood meal I gave my girl a while ago... Perhaps the stuff started rotting or attracted a specific type of pest and it decided to breed. I really don't know.

I have stopped giving her fertalizers for the past 3 or 4 days now. Just plain water. I have been giving her roughly 300-500 ml of water everyday. Now was it a week before harvest you stop giving her any water?

Have been taking rotted leaves from the bottom of the plant every night for the past 2 weeks now. It's actually kind of a good thing as it allows light to reach inside the plant better and illuminate some of the smaller buds hiding inside her.

As you might be able to see in the pictures, the buds have a bit of filling in to do. It is mostly the top-most portion of the bud that is actually a nice big chunk of bud. Probably due to the lack of any serious illumination from the CFLs. I'm not complaining though, I have had a great time watching her bloom thus far and she has produced more than I will personally smoke for a while.

The last picture is my three clones vegging under my lone 23 watter with 1600 lumens. They are doing good actually. They were stretched to begin with and have started to grow shoots. Once the mother plant is done flowering... they are going to bush out nicely in the main grow box with all the lights I have.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Update July 1 08 (Day 56 of 12/12 Cycle)

Nothing special to report tonight.

I have tied a few branches because they were leaning over because of the weight. You can see this in a few of my pictures. After I took the pictures, I tied a few up. They get much better light now that they are closer to the lights.

I think this girl is going to need a bit longer to fatten up.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

wow looking great there bro, those clones are looking magnificent :D!!! How long do you have left to flower those budding ladies?

Great job MeNtAl....No...noone has invited me and dont expect anyone too..its all n fun...KEEP M GREEN

Yo Mental, lookin good. How tall would you say they are now?

Update July 6 08 (Day 61 of 12/12 Cycle)

Thorn said:
wow looking great there bro, those clones are looking magnificent :D!!! How long do you have left to flower those budding ladies?
Thanks dude, I do what I can :) . Refer to below for when I'm going finish flowering.

4u2smoke said:
Great job MeNtAl....No...noone has invited me and dont expect anyone too..its all n fun...KEEP M GREEN
Thanks 4u2, I don't think I'm going to invite anybody over for harvest. I'm looking forwards to doing it alone actually.

T-MaStAA said:
Yo Mental, lookin good. How tall would you say they are now?
Hey t-masta! What brings you around here bro? "How tall are they", by they you mean the clones? At the moment, they are about 2 feet tall perhaps.

-----
The leaves on the plant are going a crispy yelow/brown. You can tell by the pictures. Definately something is going on... I think either the lights have something to do with it (heat issues) or the crawly creatures in my soil are doing more damage than initially thought. I have, although stopped giving nutrients, so this could possibly be an after-effect on her as well... The buds seem to be alright, it's just the leaves that are suffering. But I'm sure this affects the plants ability to utilize light... and less energy towards the buds perhaps.

Some of the buds look like they are beginning to create some seeds or something, but I know this is sometimes just an illusion as the calyxes swell and whatnot. It is entirely possibly that some pollen may have drifted into the grow box from outside since I have a male probably no more than 6 meteres away. The flowering plant is indoors while the male plant is outdoors.

The buds now actually have a faint little aroma to them if you put your nose right up to them. I could have grown this girl indoors with no need for odour control, hehehehe...

Anyways, well folks harvest time will be more than like be tonight! Right now is July 6 in the morning, so July 6 at night. Right when the lights are supposed to go on I think I'll cut her up. Or should I do it earlier in the dark period? Any thoughts? I'll post plenty of pics of the best quality that I can. I will hang them by a string indoors where the temperatures will be 19C and probably in a cardboard box or something similar. I plan on taking most of the predominant buds and perhaps leaving the smaller buds on the inside and bottom to get more light for a later harvest.

Here's just some low-quality pics I quickly took toniught. It's hard to take good bud shots because the plant is in an awkward position for picture taking at the moment... Last picture are of my clones. Happy growing everyone!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

ConGrate's On a Fine, & Successful Grow, There My Brother, & Some Fine Danky Bud's Indeed!!!!Happy Smoke'n The Puna Loona Sweet Bud!!!EH:hubba:

Update July 7 08

Thanks for the kind word guys. It was a pleasant experience and I look forwards to doing it again.

Harvest was quite fun and I really got to know my baby better.
My fingers are a slight shade of black now after handling all those buds.
Currently, the majority of the buds are in the grow-box with a couple fans at the door and a computer fan at the back blowing air from the box outside.

I'm bringing a bunch of the smaller buds inside my room and see how much quicker they dry than the ones in the grow-box.

The third pic is of all the lights and reflectors I used until harvest. I added a little tube flouresant from time to time but I'm not going to add it here because it probably had very little contribution.

Right now I left all the big fan leaves on the stalks. I read somewhere that they protect the buds from pests and deseases. Any comments on this? After the leaves get crisp and dry, I will cut them off and let them hang for a while longer before putting them in tupperware containers or glass jars for the curing process to begin.

Happy growing, harvesting, and smoking gents/ladies! My weight count be in a couple of weeks.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

CONGRATS on what looks to be a very fine harvest MP. :aok: Be sure to give us a dry weight total and a smoke report after the cure. ;) Great job mang. ;)

man makin me jealous my brother.... i bet youll get a nice hash chunk, anyways down to bizness so what your total watts/ lumens??? you should be smokin some small popcorn nugz befor you know it, but i wouldent touch the nice colas till their properly cured.... so when them clones goin in the flower chamber?

Hey guys, just popping in to post a pic of most of the bud I trimmed just the other day. The picture doesn't do the bud quality justice. You can see crystals all over the buds if you look close enough. There are about 2 more of those containers full of pop-corn buds that I finished trimming the other night as well.

Taste of some test buds reveal a still 'green' taste, with a hint of a sour aftertaste sort of like a lemon. It's still hard to tell what it's really like because they are still in the process of drying (it's been 3 weeks, hurry up and dry!!).

I have 3 zip-lock bags full of cuttings and large leaves. I wasn't sure if I should add the big leaves or not, but I did. I put everything that was cut from the plant in these bags and now I'm going to research making hash or oil of some sort.

Thanks for checking out the journal guys and gals, it's been a real facinating experience. Thanks for all the help and happy growing!

buds1.jpg

Awesome grow. Great looking ladies. Sweet setup.

Latest posts

Back