Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mann mentalpatient you just inspired me with CFLs, one quistion though it says 2005 in all the pics, i havent read the whole thread but is it current or from awhile ago? goodluck and keep up your goodwork....

Hey thanks for checking her out guys.
It says 2005 on the pictures, yes. I like to think that if any police guys are out there, the 2005 on the pictures would or could possibly be a deterent to any investigation... the grow already happened! The pictures would have to be edited to remove the 2005 date and I have the original copies on my HD to prove they were modified... I dunno, I like to think of it as a security thing.

Happy growing guys!

Holy crap MP she is freaking huge. :eek: Tell ya one thing mang your gonna get one nice yield from that lady when it's all said and done that's for sure. :aok:

ahah i also do stuff like that dont put my name on any email address's just make names up and other stuff haha goodthinkin mentalpatient, alwasy helps to be thinkin ahead...

Update June 12 08 (Day 37 of 12/12 Cycle)

Thanks for checking out the journal guys.

I was taking some pictures of her today and I felt an urge to post. I hope nobody gets annoyed by the frequent bud shots and whatnot. I just love to take pics of my lady! I also like to see how she's developed over the days by looking at the pictures, so that's a big reason I post them here so often.

I brought a few close friends to witness the creation at hand, and they said they have never seen a plant with so many buds. All positive reviews to say the least! :cool:

Was bored, decided to write about the current status and information of the entire grow.

Temperatures
26 degrees celcius & 56 percent humidity
Temperatures closely follow outdoor temperatures with an addition of at least 5 degrees.

Equipment

Fans
Amount:4
Fan 1: (stationary and hangable) (24/0) (inside box)
Fan 2: (oscilating) (12/12) (blowing inside box)
Fan 3: (computer fan) (24/0) (blowing into the plant)
Fan 4: (computer fan) (24/0) (blowing air from box to outside)

Lights
Amount: 9
Type: CFL & Tube Floresant

Bulb Lumen output and Watts

[Bulb]------[Lumen Output]------[Power Conusmption]
CFL #1----------3000-------------------45 Watts
CFL #2----------2850-------------------42 Watts
CFL #3----------2850-------------------42 Watts
CFL #5----------1600-------------------23 Watts
CFL #6----------1600-------------------23 Watts
CFL #7----------1600-------------------23 Watts
CFL #8----------1600-------------------23 Watts
Tube FL---------600 - 900--------------18 Watts
Total Lumen Output: 12650 (estimate: unsure of Tube FL)
Total Watts: 239

Other
- nutrient solution kept in water bottles with each bottle a different strength
- an average nutrient feeding would consist of 250-350 ml
- watered every day with 200 ml of water, (nutrient feed), then another 200 ml

Feel free to criticise my watering schedule and whatnot. I'd love to know if I'm doing something wrong.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

pic11.jpg

pic12.jpg

pic13.jpg

your god of cfls mann, i cant wait to get my wattage up now and get my clones and some new indicas going.. about how much do those reflectors go for USD if possible. That and them 2 in 1 sockets are next on my list.. do you think the inside of soda cans will work for now? ive seen other people do it but dont know actually how reflective it inside of cans are..

Lol, "god of CFL" that made me laugh. Thanks :).

The reflectors cost me roughly 15 dollars each, so you might expect to pay probably anywhere from $10-20 for one. Bear in mind, these reflectors also came with the socket, plug, and clamp. They are available at my local home depot where the work lights and extension cords are.

I've heard of people using the pop-can reflector. Not sure of the actual amount of reflectivity, but you could always make one and tell us fellow growers how well it works! :hubba:
You could look into finding a lumen meter and then shining the pop-can reflector upon it to get a reflectivity reading.

haha no prob mental

yup yup, yours are acually shiny i gots one but its from like 10 years ago with a brown cord.. oldskool.

Yeah i had one on one of the cfls in my first setup but took it off for makin it look better, tommarrow ill clean a couple cans and plan make a couple differnt ones see what design works best... how much are lumen meters?

Not sure about lumen meters man... I'm guessing probably at least over twenty dollars. I'm off for the night, g'nite toke.

I have been so surprised latley on how good the finish product looks using cfls only! i never thought it would come out that dense looking or that much of a good yeild. You guys just do a killer job with those i never could of imagined. Good to see it actualy works well enough to put forth the effort. Peace and Love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roken.

Update June 15/08 (Day 40 of 12/12 Cycle) (5 weeks and 5 days)

Nothing much to report. Temps are pretty nice these days. Outdoor temps have been pleasant and thus, pleasant in the grow box. Humidity is never above 60. It is always from 45-55. At this very moment, the box temperatures are 26 C and 51 F.

Changed the lights again. Normally, I let the lights sit in the same position for roughly two days before either rotating the plant or moving the lights to directly hit different specific areas of the plant.

I seem to have sparked a bit of noticable growth near the bottom where there was a little pack of nugs trying to grow. All I did was give them a 23 watter for roughly 3 days straight, then a couple days after a 2 day break. Then I took the light off them untill this day and I have seen how they have grown! Quite nice. Pic 3 shows the growth. Not much, but I definately was suprised when I turned her around in her box and saw that. I feel bad for the little buds that get no light, so I do what I can :cool: :rolleyes:

Also, I had a red light in there so see if it would make any difference. Since during flowering marijuana likes more red spectrum, I said "hey, let's leave it in there for a few days and see if there's any noticable difference" and the verdict is NO. Nothing seems to have changed dramatically or anything. The answer would more probably be due to the spectrum not actually being emitted from the red color-coated bulb. That was obvious from the start, but I like experimenting sometimes for the heck of it. :ignore:

Camera was giving me a lot of blurry pictures, but I managed to take a few semi-clear to clear shots.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

Niiiice niiiice, I experimented a little with the CFLs got about the same results. You'll be very impressed at harvest.

Whats up MP. I see the jungle is filling in real nice. :hubba: Your doing a great job mang keep it up. ;)

for real lookin good, man i checked out your first lil chron plant that thing was insane flame and it was bagseed... did you clone it? hey what what did you use for that box 2 by 1s and 1/2 inch plywood, alot cheaper then buying a growtent i assume? im thinkin of buildin one now an likin your design... when the lights turn on ill be postin some new pics so check it cuzz...one love

Hey MeNtAl...looking very good my friend..be sure to have your Elephant gun when entering that jungle...looks like you have some monsters in ther...be sure to PM me your address when its time for the smoke report and I will be happy to assist you...KEEP M GREEN

DomsChron said:
Niiiice niiiice, I experimented a little with the CFLs got about the same results. You'll be very impressed at harvest.
Thanks for these good words! CFL's yield a decent personal stash without a doubt. Buds under CFL's seems to be pretty potent in my short experience so far.

THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Whats up MP. I see the jungle is filling in real nice. :hubba: Your doing a great job mang keep it up. ;)
Thanks, I do what I can. So far it has been quite a pleasant journey.

toke@smoke420 said:
for real lookin good, man i checked out your first lil chron plant that thing was insane flame and it was bagseed... did you clone it? hey what what did you use for that box 2 by 1s and 1/2 inch plywood, alot cheaper then buying a growtent i assume? im thinkin of buildin one now an likin your design... when the lights turn on ill be postin some new pics so check it cuzz...one love
Ahah, yea that little 1 footer cola was pretty good! She had such a beautiful smell to her... Ah the good ole days when she was around...
No, I didn't clone it. I was actually a little hesitant to try cloning. I just wasn't ready for it I guess. That little cola-plant is the same strain as my big mother plant in this grow journal. So, from my experience last year, I'm in for another treat!
For my growbox, I am not too competant when it comes to wood terms and names, but the sticker says 2" x 3" - 96" KD Stud". Those were used for the frame due to their low weight and lower cost. Only problem is they can crack under pressure kind of easily. Two by fours would have been far sturdier but much heavier with a bit of a higher cost.
The walls are your simple plywood sheet. Around here, each sheet is roughly 7.99 or something. My box took about three sheets of plywood + the frame wood (about 6 or 7 full pieces) and then nails. The cost was about 40 or 50 canadian dollars.

4u2smoke said:
Hey MeNtAl...looking very good my friend..be sure to have your Elephant gun when entering that jungle...looks like you have some monsters in ther...be sure to PM me your address when its time for the smoke report and I will be happy to assist you...KEEP M GREEN
Ahah, a smoke report... mmmm mm can't wait!

Latest posts

Back