Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hehe, thanks TBG.
I'm sure the buds won't be massive, but enough for my own personal stash.

June 2/08 (27'th day of 12/12 Cycle)

Just some pics.
I've got a male outside thats just opening its pollen sacks. I should get rid of him. I'm thinking possibly collecting the pollen for future seeds.

Happy growing all! :cool2:

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Update May 4/08 (Day 29 of 12/12 Cycle)

Well, flowering is well underway. I'm minimum about half-way done. Things are looking promising!

Light Set-up
----------------
1x 45 watt (3,000 Lumens)
2x 42 watt (2,850 Lumens)
4x 23 watt (1,600 Lumens)

Total watts = 221
Total lumen output = 15,100
Type of lighting = Compact flouresent

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

Thanks Herb!

This plant is about 3.5 months old. I've had some patience with her which is why she's so big!

Lowball estimated yield: 20 grams
Regular estimated yield dry: I have no idea, could be anything.

hey great grow man. I am using Flourescent light as well, but a different type than yours. Say, can you give me the size of thoze bud hairs?
They look really big compared to the leaves. keep us updated:bong:

Update June 5 08

Thanks for the kind words fellow growers!
I think CFL's can be extremely useful for a low-cost down operation with no risk of fires (well, hardly any) and an easy to set up grow-op.

I took her out today to take some pictures outside of her home and to give her an all-around watering and fert feed. So far, she's loving the fert, no signs of burning other than the occasional light-bulb burn. A few hairs have been turning brown due to being heated up a bit too much from the higher wattage bulbs.

Took a bunch of old and rotting leaves from the bottom innards of her.
So far no signs of those white crawly creatures from before. A lot of dead fruit flies on the bottom outside of the bucket... poor fellas.

Anyways, things are looking good. And touching a bud and smelling my fingers afterwards, she's going to be a nice smoke!

Happy growing all.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Isn't a 6oow HID hps better then 75 watts?

Update June 8 08

Things are going just okay. Temperatures are getting too high for good growth, around 30-33C (85-90 F I think). When I'm here, letting fresh air in, temps lower to around 26-29 C (about 80F I believe)

I have to keep the door open to let outside fresh air in, but I can only do this when I am here. Hmm.... I am thinking about drilliing a hole in the wall with tubing and a fine mesh screen to keep the bugs out to get fresh air into the room or something...

Also, in the last picture, the hairs are turning brown. Could this be due to too high temps or humidity? Perhaps burning from the bulb(s)? Or even water PH or bad fertalizer? I'm really not sure. Maybe it's a sign of maturity... I really do not remember. The buds aren't as bad as the one in the pic, this is probably one of the majorly colored buds on the plant used for an example.

And for harvest, I'm thinking about chopping the outer buds first to allow more light to the inside of the plant, then let the inside buds grow in density, then chop those! The plant is litterally full of bud sites, inside and out. It's going to be quite an interesting harvest!

Anyways, happy growing everyone!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

looking good mental. the hairs are changing colors? its normal what you are looking for is the crystals to have changed from clear/cloudywhite to brown. you prolly already answered this but im too lazy/just smoked a goodnight bowl, what size lights are you using?

Thanks wakebud. They are changing colors... but I didn't expect them to change so soon... Well, it's been about a month or so now, so I guess it's just a sign of maturity.

The lights I'm using:
1x45 watt
2x42 watt
5x23 watt

ya i wouldnt quote me for sure on that but thats what ive done with bagseed before and i its a general rule but i would make sure a few of the sr. members agree...

wakebud77 said:
ya i wouldnt quote me for sure on that but thats what ive done with bagseed before and i its a general rule but i would make sure a few of the sr. members agree...

The seniors do agree.:D

The trichomes will go from clear to cloudy to amber to brown.
50% cloudy 50% amber is what 90% of people go for. You'll get your head high... and a bit of stone. If you like to be couchlocked.... go for more % of amber.

Update June 9 08 (Day 34 of 12/12 Cycle)

Took her out again to take some pictures... Decided to go on a picture taking frenzy. I took around 30 or so pictures in total. Seeing as how we all love pictures, what the heck. She's starting to fill in, which I am glad to see! She's getting frosty too, yeeehaww!

Her light set-up changes frequently. I rotate her around and move the lights on the side near the door almost every day. I try to get different areas with different levels of light. I don't want some buds being signifcantly smaller than the rest so I try to even it out a little.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

pic9.jpg

Latest posts

Back