Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UPDATE: March 24/08

Well, good news! I almost killed a clone! I decided take off the plastic baggie containing all the moisture and humidity for a little while, see if it would survive being left unsheltered. I come back two to three hours later and it litterally looked like a clump of spinache. I was suprised! Poor fella, I thought it dried out and died! Nooo... I completely soaked the soil, sprayed the plant, cleaned it up (had soil all over it) and put the plastic baggie on it... Next morning it's alive again! It litterally stood up over night and spread its branches! Amazing!

Anyways, I took my oldest clone and put it on a new light cycle. (12/12)
I'm not actually sure if it will flower with such little root develpment. This clone has been in it's growing medium for about a week and a half. Perhaps it will be enough to at least see the mother plant's sex.
Thanks for stoppin by!

net1.jpg

told ya mental, it takes a while for the roots to develop, the cutting goes through alot of stress, it takes a while for it to develop the roots

UPDATE: March 25/08

Gave the plants a good drink. One of the clones has been in 12/12 for three days. Took a clone off second largest plant tonight, planning on putting it on 12/12 immediately.

The plants might look a little sketchy. I've had some heat problems with the cfls along with some fert burns.

net4.jpg

net2.jpg

net3.jpg

net1.jpg

hey buddy...all looking good from where i'm sitting :D

Aha thanks Thorn. Always good to hear some positive feedback. :)

Lookin green bro, nice... This grow interests me.

I also think they look fine my friend. Nice and green. Nice job on them so far. Keep us posted on them. We will be watching. Take care and be safe. Good luck.

Thanks for all the kind words! I have a question that some of you might be able to answer... Alright, on my second largest plant, there are 4 white hairs near the top. Only there and nowhere else on the plant. They are tiny but they do look like pistils of a female! The plant is under a 24/7 light schedule, could it be possible for a plant in vegging show it's sex?

Also, I THINK the biggest plant is going to be a male. Looking on the flowering clone, there are little knobs, so tiny but they are there.

UPDATE: March 30/08

Ok, I'm very positive the biggest plant is a male... No white hairs, things that look very curiously like balls, and two easy to spot knobs on its clone. The smallest plant has almost identical features as the bigger one.
But the second largest one is special... she's very special... :hubba:
I have the other plants situated outside of the light area so I can focus the light concentration on the one plant I KNOW is a female. I'm currently waiting for the clones to show a confirmation of sex.

From my understanding... the third picture are pre-flowers, am I right?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

ooh nice lady you got yourself there!! :D Check out my grow journal, I also found my first lady of this grow...its exciting stuff :D Yes those are pre-flowers me thinks :)

UPDATE: April 2/08

Just going to post a pic or two that shows how the girl is doing. With all the light focused only on her, she's really starting to grow faster than I've ever seen her before. I have yet to feed her any nutrients... I believe if I did, growth might be faster, so I'll give her a light feeding tonight.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

she looks HAPPY .. :)
The plant is under a 24/7 light schedule, could it be possible for a plant in vegging show it's sex?
Absolutely.. when they become sexually mature, they begin expressing "preflowers", just like Thorn commented.

Beautiful plants u got there mental. Makes cfl growers proud to see results like that

Aha, thanks all. They pretty much grew themselves, I'd have to say. The important thing is concentrate as much light as you can on a single given point. CFL's don't give a good wide light radius.

Also, I can imagine if let her grow, she will look like a good ole merry x-mas tree. I'm off to sleep, take it easy guys.

yea man this is looking killer. i read through every post. one think i either didnt catch, or its not there, is if you could keep more updates on your clones. If you check out my grow, im in the first part of the second week and am going to be right where you are shortly and am interested to see how your clones are working out and what not.

everything looking really good though. extremely quick i think. gotta be doing something right!

keep it up, and get at us with info about those clones!

Latest posts

Back