Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of my installation, don't laugh, :p . Should I re-do the whole thing and get each sheet of mylar straight as possible? There seems to be a lot of bubbles and stuff.

Also, there has been a bunch of plywood dust going around and settling on the leaves. Today somebody decided to sweep the floor with my girl exposed, everything was covered in dust, the chairs and desk and whatnot.. wasn't a good idea.. and I wasn't too happy about it. I suppose I should give her a good washdown. I did mist her a bunch today but it didn't seem to do much. Any ideas? Hand wash each leaf or just leave her?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

I had a hell of a time hanging mine also. I found that using duct tape and putting it behind the mylar so it stick to the tape and to the wall. I then staple it to the wall. I found that worked the best. I think it's impossible to get all the bubbles out and make it lay perfectly flat so I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe. Keep us posted.

April 15/08

5 Days since last update... Nothing much has happened. I think growth has been pretty slow due to cold temperatures and quite dirty leaves.

I have also recieved 8 seeds from a very nice friend of mine. Three are, if I remember correctly, called Jamaican Island Skunk and 4 are Big Tooty Fruity or something like that. So far, out of the eight seeds I recieved, 7 have germed, and I'm waiting on the last one which is also the biggest seed out of the group.

I have also not started to take any clones from her... I'm waiting... for the right day perhaps. Either that or I am a little lazy!

Anyways, some pics. You will notice that my girl is slanted sideways. For some reason, all my plants seem to want to lean instead of stand straight up! And also, in the last pic, please don't laugh at my crappy handy-man work! Jokes, make fun of it all you want! I've been cracking jokes about it in my head all day.

If a mod is reading this, change the title to Mentalpatient's Box Grow please as this is no longer a bedroom grow.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Took her out today for a nice misting and watering + a tinyy nute feeding. The soil seems to be providing much of the nutrients even past a month of growing. She seems to be able to take a little bit more nutrients, but a tad more than that and she gets burned slightly.

Anyways, she has oh so many shoots for possible clones, which I am happy about. The seedlings I planted a couple days ago are showing positive signs of growing even amid cold temperatures, they are troopers! Temps are rising to 16 degrees C at night and 19 C during day, good to see!

I am feeling that I will have to take some light off the mother plant in order to grow some decent seedlings and/or clones. So I hope she won't mind too much with a little less light.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Update April 19/08

Bought a humidity dome for the future clones I'm going to start taking (two a day or every other day).

The second picture shows 8 seedlings (1 has yet to surface) that are a mix of something along the lines of Jamaican Island Skunk and Big Tooty Fruity. The soil is drying rather quickly but luckily I am paying attention and am able to spray the soil down before it gets too dry. The seedlings, when they get older are going to go directly outside for a nice early to mid May planting. They are gunna be huge come September/October, can't wait! :cool:

The third pic is the light I bought for the future clones. It's not too bright so I have plans to build a cloning box with a few addition CFL's to supplement. The box I'm planning is going to be either a one floor or two floor rectangular box with mylar covering.

Fourth pic is the whole operation in one shot. Enjoy.

The weather around here has been so great lately...

Also: I have a question for anyone reading this... Is it neccessary to bring the PH of the rockwool cubes to 5.5 using PH down, or could I simply soak the stuff in water then add the clone. On the label it says stuff about PH down and whatnot.. Just want to know if this is critical information before doing anything... They also state to put the cubes in a starter solution... what the?

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

wow man nice. That mum is really nice looking I hope mine look that good when I get them going.

Just give 'em time. I checked out your thread, WOW. They are so bushy and short!

wow man everything looks great. i love your setup. don't worry to much bout the bubbles. ur sapposed to get it as straight as you can but not a big deal. all reflective. and only gotta worry bout hot spots with aluminum foil and in my opinion only if you have an hps light. can't wait to see these start puttin off some mad bud. keep er' gowin..

Heh thanks, I stem pinched them just once and other than that it was all them. Got lucky I guess.

Update April 20/08 (4/20!!)

Here's my cloning box I'm going to use. It is very crudely built and not pretty but it's going to get the job done. It still needs light leakage protection and ventilation. I'm going to cut a square hole for a computer fan. Whole thing took a couple of hours, cutting wood and whatnot. No real measurements were taken throughout the hole process as you can tell!

The seedlings are doing well. Going to go outside in a few weeks.

Oh and bought some bone meal for the mother plant. I'm sure she will appreciate that. The numbers are 6-9-0. Should I use this for a vegging plant? I'm aware that vegging plants like more of the first number and flowering like the second more. Safe to use? I'm assuming so. Also bought some dolomite lime at the last minute for the rockwool cubes.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Looks really good MP. Nice setup, healthy plants. How long were yur clones when u clipped 'em. And did they just have the 3 leaves on them???

Aha, I have clones in styrofoam cups and were clipped the day they were took. I'm hoping you're not mistaking the seedlings for the clones. ;) Thanks for the comments!

not mistaken, i know what the seedlings look like in the pic. But, how long was the clone u clipped. Mine are about 4-5 inches long and they have 3 leaves on them. Is that considered a clone that i would be able to clip?

Totally man. I've seen much smaller clones before. Currently I have one female clone I saw rooted a little bit the other day when I tipped her over accidentally. Mine were roughly 3 or 4 inches I believe and they did all right. Good luck with yours! Soon I'm going to start taking many cuttings so stay tuned!

April 21/08

A light dropped on the top of my girl and went down the side of her bending a bunch of shoots. Let's just call this a minor case of LST, :p .

Going to be taking a couple of cuttings from her tonight, so stay tuned!

Also, I got an oscilating fan! Woohoo!

Yeah, I need to get an osci fan also. Can't wait to see yur clones. Hope they do good. I may try and cut 1 tonight. Not sure.

Looking great my friend. Nice work. Good luck with the clones. Keep us posted on your progress. Take care and be safe.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
April 21/08

A light dropped on the top of my girl and went down the side of her bending a bunch of shoots. Let's just call this a minor case of LST, :p .

Going to be taking a couple of cuttings from her tonight, so stay tuned!

Also, I got an oscilating fan! Woohoo!
same stuff happened to me and it done the same thing but the plant today is 1 of the better one's weird..best of look on ur cuttin s

April 22/08

Took off about 4 or 5 spindly bottom of the plant cuttings. I'm not sure if they are even going to survive, but they are mainly test cuttings in the new rockwool cubes I have never used before. I soaked 2 cubes in a solution with dolomite as I have read that you need lime or some sort of PH down additive. I'm not sure of the actual PH but again, the cuttings I have taken are mainly experimentations. Pics soon, later tonight.

Going to buy razors instead of using siccors, and am going to experiment on a few cuttings by scraping the bottom stem in a multitude of fashions.

I also may stop doing this journal due to possible secrurity risks.. Maybe I'm just paraniod but I might stop even so.

Some pictures of the garden! I love taking pics... Any guests or wanderers can just come by and check out how things are doing and move on, it's great.

The clones are quite skimpy, I'm assuming it's going to take longer for them to root due to their size. They are all from the very bottom of the plant that recieved extremely small doses of light if any at all. Next up I'm going to cut are slightly more up the plant OR I can finish off cutting the bottom shoots that don't get any light at all and see if I can make a whole plant out of them and work my way up.

Don't mind the line going through the last picture... I don't know why it did that!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

Latest posts

Back