Mentalpatient's White Berry Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
June 1

Decided to snap a few pictures for a brief update.

She's filling in her colas nicely. I'd like to chop her down soon, but I'd really like to see some nice sized colas first.

My light set-up is as follows:

4x42w + 4x23w + 1x13w = 273w

Hmm... Not much wattage actually. I'm guessing I'll probably yield at least an ounce or so. Well, I'm hoping! :cool: I wouldn't mind if I even yielded half an ounce. This stuff is going to hit me hard I already know it! She's super frosty and smells super great! Her odour seems to have increased in the last week. Her smell has gotten more sweet, more pungent.

Gave her probably her last dose of nutes... Gave her two teaspoons of miracle gro bloom fert.. 15 - 30- 15. The only burns on her so far are from the lights so I figured I might as well go with two teaspoons instead of the usual 1. Heck, I could probably go with 4 and she'll be fine as long as I give her enough water to go with it.

My plants outdoors have suffered a lot from stress. Mainly cold temperatures a while ago. They are growing fresh foilage now and I don't see any problems with the new growth.

When my current lady in the box finishes, I'll either vegetate more clones from other clones or my other White Berry, or go straight into flower with her, who is about 4.5 months old at this point.

Happy growing!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

damn mental as if you can get all that,
and do that well off CFL's and miracle grow...
my last grow and only harvest (only one plant made it)
the one plant harvested only an ounce..

Thanks don, I'm doing my best to keep her happy, and in turn she will make me happy :). That's the deal me and her have haha.

What kind of lights did you use on your last grow again? Hey an ounce of homegrown is better than an ounce of some crappy black market weed :).

haha dont get me wrong it is, but i didnt know anything
about mites back then and at the end of the grow (during flower)
i realized i had a bad mite problem.. so that ounce was pretty much not smokeable. although i gave it to my buddy and he smoked it. i did not..
i warned him there were dead spider mites and theyre eggs in the weed but he didnt seem to mind.. :rofl: i have arachnaphobie no way am i smokin on that. I used a 400 watt hps. still am. but the plant had been tortured. im sure it was the conditions i made for the plant that caused the overall bad yield. and i now know about mites so ill make sure i have none by the next time i go to flowering... mites are so annoying..

Yikes mites. Nasty sounding stuff. Hope I never get them! Only thing I've ever had were weird wormy creatures in my soil. I read somewhere that fruit flies might have been the cause.

wow there turning out real nice mental!
have you got a scope to check out the trics?
how long are they in flower again?
im starting a new outdoor grow today,
yaee, wish me luck!

Thanks swift, no I don't have a scope... Going to look for one somewhere in the mall in the next couple of days. I'm very interested in actually looking at the trichromes :). Seeing them on the computer is one thing, but in reality is another!

Sweet swift, I'll check your journal out and see what's cookin!

I registered on these forums just to see the pictures of this grow. I was reading the comments and from the sound of them I had to see this for myself :p
But I'm here to stay now. Keep it up mental!

GrowinGreen, I'm using a HP Photosmart M517 camera. Somewhat old and somewhat new. 5.2 Megapixels. Thanks for stoppin by man.

Hey woopitt, thanks for popping in! Hope you like what this journal have to offer. :)

Oh and swift, she's at about day 37 or 38 now I believe. Could be around 40. I have to check.

Edit Ok so I just checked and she's at day 40. Soon harvest! I took a few sample nugs today from the back of the plant. Weighed up to be 1.5 grams wet. I put them in a drawer to dry, hopefully I'll be able to smoke them in a week or so.

hey mantal,
just finished planting 10 plants outside,
i started at 5am and finished at about 7am,
hard work, i was sweating and it was like 6am, weird!
had a friend help out, nearly 2 1/2 hours digging!
i repotted my mothers into 2gal grow bags,
then dug holes and slit the bottom of the bags,
then planted them,
camo'd up the area abit, and left,
i forgot to bring my cammra, so ill have to get pics later r tomorow!

yea your buds are comming on well,
they should have about 20 or so more days to go so,
but yea , get a scope i dont harvest by how old they are,
harvest by the colour of the trichs, flush at 5-10% amber for the last week, and you should have 20% amber,
and some very nice smoke indeed!

Hey swift, so have you found a nice sunny spot outside? If so, they should be monsters alright! That's quite the amount of time spent digging.. Wow haha. How was the soil when you were digging in it? Lots of roots in your way or really clay-like? I hate the root-crazy soils that you need to dig through, very annoying getting through all those roots with a shovel. Can't wait for some pics :).

Seeing as she can go another 20 days, I'm really excited to see how big she's finally going to be! Hopefully my cheque comes in so I can pick up a microscope... any particular store that sells good scopes?

looking nice mental,
are you using a new camera for this last batch of pic's?
going back to veg for a minute,, did you run 6500k cfl's exclusively?

hey mental,
yea the spot has sun from about 10am till 7pm or so,
so should get big hopfully!
the soil was fairly rooty,
pain in the *** to dig, but the soil looks good,
dranage is good,
i planted into 2gal growbags and slit the bottoms of the bags then i planted them so they can grow out the bottom of the bag if they want,
as for the scope,
im not sure what stores even sell scopes in the u.s!
id check out ebay, look for a 60-100x scope with a good light,
shouldnt cost more then $20.
no need to go expensive, unless you want!

Mental, a while ago i read a thread about the EYECLOPS to check out trichs. i think you can get it @ wallyworld or amazon.

lordhighlama said:
looking nice mental,

are you using a new camera for this last batch of pic's?

going back to veg for a minute,, did you run 6500k cfl's exclusively?

Nope, using the same camera as my last grow. I did however use a friends camera on my last post (page 14). As for the Kelvin rating on my lights, I never paid any attention to the rating up until about a month ago when I was reading around that I would be better off flowering with ratings from around 2000-2800K. For vegging I was using mostly 4100K bulbs and my old 42 watters which put out a mostly white light (not sure of the rating... never said on box). So I mostly used a higher kelvin rating for vegging I can say that.
I did however throw in some 2700K bulbs to see what kind of difference it might make, and I think the growth was pretty much the same, but maybe the growth might have been a bit slower than the parts of the plant that were under the higher kelvin ratings.

Damn swift, sounds like you found an absolutely AMAZING grow spot! I wish you all the best of luck for this summer's growing season :):).

I'll be looking around a couple of stores for a scope. I for some reason don't fancy ordering stuff online. Not sure why, probably just paranoia or something. Just feel sketchy about it.

thanks mental,, that's good news to hear about you running at 4100k for veg cause your plants responded very well in veg! As you know I just switched to 4100k tubes and it's hard to find any info about that kelvin.

Here's a link to a forum with a knowlegable guy talking about how 4100's are ok for growing, and how they are half cool white and half warm white. Might shed a little light on your doubt about 4100's perhaps.
hxxp://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/seed/msg0113253615480.html

Mental nice girls you got going there! If your looking for a cheap scope go to a stamp collecting store or coin store and they have them cheap 20$ Canadian or less thats where I got mine!

Phatpharmer

Quick little picture update here. Nuthing special... :cool:

Potted my first clone in a tree today. I'm expecting her to grow pretty good. I believe the light is pretty good where I put her. Nobody is ever going to find her :).

Smoked a sample nug today, dried for 2 days then put in the microwave to finish. Didn't taste good at all, left my breath stinking but I did get a nice head high. I went out back to get some soil and I got really into it and came back energized and with a sense of good fortune. I was doing alright!

pic1.gif

pic2.gif

pic3.gif

pic4.gif

pic5.gif

Latest posts

Back