MJ and guns 9th Circuit Court decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless you have a State MM card I don't think there is anyway they can track you.

State cards are not required in CA.

Your Doctors recommendation is what most people use to access MM and as far as I know there is no State database tracking this.

This sounds like a law that needs to go to the Supreme Court though.

I hope our next Supreme Court Justice is one who champions personal freedom and liberty.

I'm in Oregon and just got the card. Great timing

What the hell does smoking pot got to do with gun ownership? What a bunch of ridiculous bullshit.

you can ride around in your car, with your vicoden script in your pocket and a pistola in your lap. that's fine ,but no pot smokers allowed. ***

While I am not a big gun nut, it is stupidity to believe that weapons and cannabis is more dangerous than weapons, opiates and alcohol.

The Oregon card should be protected by HIPPA, and the State is not supposed to share gun purchase data withe the Feds. FWIW, I know of a card holder that bought a couple guns today. No, it wasn't me.

Interesting...

Court Says Marijuana Users Too Violent To Own Guns, But Terrorists Still Can

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPyNWllIbw[/ame]

The Ring of Fire

Published on Sep 2, 2016
The 9th Circuit Court of Appeals says that medical marijuana users shouldn’t be allowed to own guns because drugs can impair your judgement and possibly make you violent. So why can’t we ban other dangerously violent people from owning handguns?

Link - http://reason.com/blog/2016/09/01/9th...

The irony of Marijuana legalization is that it was for the most part promoted by liberal folks, and made legal by legislation controlled by Democrats. Allow me to assume that the majority of liberals are Democrats etc. I'll speak about Oregon, because it's where I live and I know a little about what's going on. Now that weed is somewhat legal, the bureaucracy has taken control and made any and everything to do with growing or selling it as costly, and complicated as only God could imagine. I have a friend that is over four months into the process of opening a dispensary. Before he could start the process, he has to have a place of business. He has been paying $4,000 a month on a one year lease and he may not even get approved. He's about 50k into the project and they keep telling him that they are way behind. He has a small store in another town that he wants to close and move to the new bldg and has to pay the $4,000 application fee again as it is not transferable. The nonsense goes on and on. If you are a grower for others and grow over 12 plants, you have to submit to property searches, unannounced 24-7. This is only a tiny part of the **. People make costly decisions based on today's rules only to find them changed. I don't have a dog in the fight, but it just seems wrong. Maybe I was naive enough to believe Marijuana was legalized for the good of the consumer, rather than the state. Leave it to government to take a simple concept and make it too freaking complex and costly for JQ Public to participate in so the corporate world takes over. Rant over.

Latest posts

Back