My first DWC grow~~~~~OG Kush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kctats13

Reaction score
so heres my first DWC grow....
-OG Kush
-DWC 18 gallon rubbermaid homemade system with 6 in. net pots
- 2- 600 watt hps hortilux lights
-canna nutes

Im exactly 4 weeks since i changed to 12/12. they seem to be growing good. vegetative growth slowed down and now the buds are swelling.
what do you guys think?
do they look good for 4 weeks?
one thing thats bugging me is today i noticed the reservoirs were half empty and i filled them 3 days ago. some of the roots looked like they were drying out.
how full should i keep the reservoir?
should i worry about my yield since the roots were drying out?
they plants look super healthy...
any opinions would be appreciated.
thanks

:postpicsworthless:

:D

It helps if you re-size them yourself before trying to post them on our server

How many plants? I have an 18 gal DWC with 2 plants, and they drink about a gal every 36hrs.

here you go

New Image.JPG

New Image2.JPG

New Image3.JPG

Looks good to me:aok:

My plants use different amounts at different rates, but I just top them off with pH adjusted water every other day then once a week I dump and start with fresh nutes

Thanks!
PCduck- how high should i keep my reservoir level?
should all the roots be submerged in water?

What do you guys think about the bud development?
Do they look like avarage 4 week buds or are they small?
They just dont seem like theyve grown much in the last week but maybe its because the vegetative growth has slowed.
Or maybe im just paying too much attention...lol

I keep mine about 1/2" below the netpots.

kctats13 said:
Thanks!
PCduck- how high should i keep my reservoir level?
should all the roots be submerged in water?
no the roots should be suspended 1/2way in air and the lower 1/2 in bubble bucket this will provide em with plenty of air :)

about 4 inches of the roots were suspended for a few days and on some of the plants there are a few dried out roots. is that normal? the plants look very healthy...almost perfect. if there was a problem id figure my plants would let me know right??
im running a big dual outlet pump with 2- 12 inch airstones so im sure theres enough air and moisture

yeah they love that moist enviroment dont worry, actually they need that air ;)

I have mine in a 5 gallon bucket and a 6" net pot.

I fill to the 3 gallon mark, This is about 1/2" below the net pot, once it reaches the 2 gallon mark or there abouts I top it off

Nice buds, kctats. :48:
I too am running 5 gallon DWC and keep the water around the 3 gal mark..
also, i'm currently running a test to see how much difference it will make with one bucket getting twice the air pumped into it then the others... most people say more air is better, so I'm going to find out how much better..

Latest posts

Back