My first grow!!Hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bi0phreak420 said:
I hate to bust your bubble there chef but it seems to me that his CFLS are growing some nice pink buds....Do you have any pink buds to show??

you should really look at some pics before running your mouth,

not sure hes that concerned with pink buds, no offence to the pink buds.

Truly, I doubt the lights have little if anything to do with the pink. It's too bad this broke down to another CFL argument....

how many CFLs do you have? 50? lol pretty sure my 1000W HPS is gonna give my plants alot more lumens than a few CFLs ..

not knocking your growing style or anything..

so i thought U said U had some jaw droping pix from cfl grow? im interested now. lets see um

I am cool with CFL. No biggie for me. But things just don't add up. You simply cannot compare results and then have better results with CFL vs HID. Don't care what jaw dropping pics there might be. BigO's fascination with pink pistils, yes I wish I could have pink pistils, is just crazy. Then to imply I might have sort of jealousy about it, well, please look up my photo sessions. Then run your mouth....Just sayin.

Like I said. All good with whatever light you use. Happy that the growers happy. But if for one minute, your cash cropping with CFL's and think you have "better" results than HID. Just plain silly. Baseballs, colas like a banana and pink pistils? Lol

NO ONE has "ragged" or knocked cfl growers. There are several here that do quite well with them. The OP' (midnitetokers) crop looks stellar. Purdy in pink MT.;)
"NO ONE" has said you can't get good results from cfls.
BUT... when misconceptions, falsehoods, or incorrect information is posted, it is "every" members duty to discount them, present the facts, and see that they prevail.

As for bi0phreak, he only posts when he "thinks" he can stir the pot up again. He tries to 'provoke' us into "nasty" posting. :) So if he can get folks to stoop to his level, it might make his argument appear more valid. Let's not allow it, ehh?
He has been unquestionably, proven wrong in his analogies/theories in the link that I posted. I think it hurt his ego just a little and now he's bitter about it.
I've allowed him to hang around and post, in hopes that he would pick up some knowledge and pointers from our seasoned growers, accept the fact that he does not "know it all", and that we are only trying to present correct and concise information to help anyone and everyone that might read it. And possibly 'contribute' something to the forum.

No pink envy here..;)

pink.JPG

Hick said:
NO ONE has "ragged" or knocked cfl growers. There are several here that do quite well with them. The OP' (midnitetokers) crop looks stellar. Purdy in pink MT.;)
"NO ONE" has said you can't get good results from cfls.
BUT... when misconceptions, falsehoods, or incorrect information is posted, it is "every" members duty to discount them, present the facts, and see that they prevail.

As for bi0phreak, he only posts when he "thinks" he can stir the pot up again. He tries to 'provoke' us into "nasty" posting. :) So if he can get folks to stoop to his level, it might make his argument appear more valid. Let's not allow it, ehh?
He has been unquestionably, proven wrong in his analogies/theories in the link that I posted. I think it hurt his ego just a little and now he's bitter about it.
I've allowed him to hang around and post, in hopes that he would pick up some knowledge and pointers from our seasoned growers, accept the fact that he does not "know it all", and that we are only trying to present correct and concise information to help anyone and everyone that might read it. And possibly 'contribute' something to the forum.

No pink envy here..;)

you havent proven me wrong on **** there buddy THE FACTS ARE..... IT TAKES LESS TO PURCHASE MY CFLS THAN TOUR HID LIGHT AND IT COST LESS TO RUN THEM..MY ELECTRIC BILL RUNS BETWEEN 70 AND 80 DOLLARS A MONTH WITH RUNNING MY 8 CFLS 18 HRS A DAY HOW MUCH DOES YOUR RUN THERE HICK????????????

6 CFLS 26 WATT..= $8.00

HID LIGHT 400 WATT ..=150.00 TO 200.00

YOU DO THE MATH WHICH IS CHEAPER:fid::fid::fid::yay::yay::yay::headbang::headbang:

you are wrong.. your numbers don't do anything, BUT ..prove my point. As does your CAPS ...:rofl:...
How is comparing the cost of 136 watts of cfl to 400 watts of HID a fair comparison?..
You could also say that a Kia cost less than a Ferrari, but is it a fair comparison?

bi0phreak420 said:
you havent proven me wrong on **** there buddy THE FACTS ARE..... IT TAKES LESS TO PURCHASE MY CFLS THAN TOUR HID LIGHT AND IT COST LESS TO RUN THEM..MY ELECTRIC BILL RUNS BETWEEN 70 AND 80 DOLLARS A MONTH WITH RUNNING MY 8 CFLS 18 HRS A DAY HOW MUCH DOES YOUR RUN THERE HICK????????????

6 CFLS 26 WATT..= $8.00

YOU DO THE MATH WHICH IS CHEAPER:fid::fid::fid::yay::yay::yay::headbang::headbang:

Such douchbaggery. But I will be nice and play. I am not much for breaking down CFL costs, just shear results. I am assuming your growing for great yields yes? Potency will come with genetics. I pay $57 per month per, 1k bulb. So $28 per month for 12/12. I yield about 1300 grams per bulb. Have you tried adding the yield at the end vs the cost? It does not pencil when you are efficent. You see where I am going with this? If you would just listen you and your buddy Six might not be on here looking for multiple answers about your growing skillset all around. I know my chronic.

bio, our goal at mp is to help people grow the best cannabis they can, whether on a strict budget or more able to afford the best gear. We offer a broke and toke club etc.
why do you come here wanting to argue with the people that will help you the most? I thought I knew a fair amount about growing when I got here too, but I have learned so much and grow such better dank then I did a few years ago.
My advice to you would be to calm down and let these knowledgeable people help you. This isn't a pissing contest that you will win, we are not about winning an argument here, we are about winning the best pot you can grow. So either apologize and start listening or move on.
You are taking away valuable time that other newbies might need. Good luck to you Bio.

im done dealing with you all about the lights cause i know im right so whatever.....TOKER keep up the great growing bro those things look awesome hit me up in a pm if you wanna talk about lights that way we don't have to hear from the critics...lol:48:

bi0phreak420 said:

6 CFLS 26 WATT..= $8.00

You cannot compare 156 watts against 400W when comparing costs. It is ridiculous and doesn't say anything. It is like saying that it costs more to fill your car with gas than it does to only fill it a quarter of the way full. In addition, if 156W of CFLs cost you $8.00 a month, 400W of HPS is going to cost about $20.00--don't have a clue where you pulled the $150-200 figure from (oh, wait a minute, I do have an idea). :rofl::rofl::rofl:

bi0phreak420 said:
im done dealing with you all about the lights cause i know im right so whatever.....TOKER keep up the great growing bro those things look awesome hit me up in a pm if you wanna talk about lights that way we don't have to hear from the critics...lol:48:

Lets see results? Preferably your own please.

2+2=5.. I know it. I know I'm right. :rofl:... so I will refuse ANY other answer. I don't care how many times you show me that "if I have two apples and you give me two more, I only have four".. "I" know.. that I really have five. :doh:...

The Hemp Goddess said:
You cannot compare 156 watts against 400W when comparing costs. It is ridiculous and doesn't say anything. It is like saying that it costs more to fill your car with gas than it does to only fill it a quarter of the way full. In addition, if 156W of CFLs cost you $8.00 a month, 400W of HPS is going to cost about $20.00--don't have a clue where you pulled the $150-200 figure from (oh, wait a minute, I do have an idea). :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ok lady HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PURCHASE AND HID LIGHT..THATS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT SEE YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU..

1 PACK OF 6 CFLS COST 8.00 TO PURCHASE FROM WAL-MART

1 HID LIGHT COSTS ABOUT 150.00 TO 200.00 DOLLARS TO PURCHASE FROM E-GAY ( THATS FOR BALLAST REFLECTOR AND BULB) INCASE YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT..

MY ELECTRIC BILL IS 70 DOLLARS A MONTH (FOR MY WHOLE HOUSE)

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:
DID YOU GET ALL OF THAT I PUT IT IN CAPS SO YOU COULD READ IT OK...LOL

bi0phreak420 said:
ok lady HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PURCHASE AND HID LIGHT..THATS WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT SEE YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT SO EVER SO LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU..

1 PACK OF 6 CFLS COST 8.00 TO PURCHASE FROM WAL-MART

1 HID LIGHT COSTS ABOUT 150.00 TO 200.00 DOLLARS TO PURCHASE FROM E-GAY ( THATS FOR BALLAST REFLECTOR AND BULB) INCASE YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT..

MY ELECTRIC BILL IS 70 DOLLARS A MONTH (FOR MY WHOLE HOUSE)

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:
DID YOU GET ALL OF THAT I PUT IT IN CAPS SO YOU COULD READ IT OK...LOL

Lets see the results bro. Then I will show you my results. Hope your sitting down.

I think the link below, shows you are being very hard headed since your first grow is earlier this year. How can you come here and rebutt what we tell you?

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54349

PS. I am trying to help you. You just need to listen.

nouvellechef said:
Lets see results? Preferably your own please.

there's your proof that's 4 weeks into flower with ONLY 1 125 watt cfl putting out 12500 lummens

2011-04-22_16-56-42_665-750.jpg

2011-04-27_17-59-19_862-750.jpg

bi0phreak420 said:
there's your proof that's 4 weeks into flower with ONLY 1 125 watt cfl putting out 12500 lummens

View attachment 167025

View attachment 167026

There we go. See what I am talking about? Its your yield in the end that defines what you put into it. Maybe you dont need the power of a HID. Thats ok. I am cool with CFL. But for anyone to say they are cheaper in the long run and you can obtain better results is crazy. Simply not true. I will post pics if you would like. Really hate taking away the OP thread. Maybe after its finished it can be cleaned up. Give me Mod power and I will do it.

Latest posts

Back