N-Caged Grow, Outdoor 2011

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted pictures five days ago. I am gonna try to keep that up, posting every five days.

We are using Alaska Fish Emulsion and FF Grow Big. Three and four days apart weekly. Dont let the label fool you on that fish emulsion, it stinks like week old dead fish. We also changed up this year the flowering nutes, we are going with Age Old Bloom and will be starting them second week of July in addition to the veg nutes until flowers set on in August then only it. We used Age Old Bloom a couple years ago and were happy with it, it is organic. I may try their entire line up next year. The fish emulsion will be given ocasionally during flower to keep them green up until the last week or so before harvest.

The Re-veg goes well in the garden, those who are doing so are doing it exceptionally well. Stretching and doing the single leaf thang. I am about to start the LST on the Urkel. We have moved it to the center of the garden and will be trying to contain it thru LST.

1. The new U2 Kush clones, (has anyone heard of this?)
2. Cherry AK 47, out of the transplant funk and taking off.
3. Grand Queen Purple (AKA Purple Kush)
4. A Tale of 2 Cindy's
5. N-Caged Grow, and yes NV, I think we have a Pot Garden :D

White U2 Kush.jpg

Cherry AK 47.jpg

GQP (purple kush).jpg

2 Cindy's.jpg

N-Caged Garden.jpg

looking Good Girl

slide this to hubby 4me:48:

Thanks 4u, and Mr Tc must refrain, he is waiting still on going back to work (July 5 looks like his lucky day).

I love this time of the grow, seems like overnight the girls get bigger. I started the LST of the Urkel, looks good.

Day before yesterday here in the North State, we got over an inch of rain! It poured and poured. All day it poured. The plants made it through the deluge in fine fettle. Looking like they had grown inches in the mean time.

1. White pots, U2 Kush. LVPK, closest then Diesel.
2. Northern Lights covered in dew.
3. The Urkels now LST'd. I like the look of them. All revegging with single leaves.
4. 2 Cindy's.
5. Note the very small green grasshopper. Also note the holes on the leaves of the purple sage. There seemed to be dozens/fifties/hundreds of baby hoppers on my sage with hundreds of holes. I am glad they like the taste of sage (purple and plain). I, maybe, should plant some in pots and put in the garden to keep the little buggers out of the MJ. By the time August rolls around those little bugs will be full grown and munching away at my girls. They dont eat near as much as they look like they are eating now though. Thank goodness they are a lot easier to kill when they are bigger. :rolleyes:

white U2kush.jpg

NL dew.jpg

LST Urkels.jpg

2 Cindy's.jpg

hoppa in sage.jpg

Man, they Have grown. Wow. I think they liked the rain. I have never seen that little of a grass hopper. The turkeys. I bet the big ones could do some harm and if they like the taste of sage w/out turkey? they will eat anything.

Your plants look awesome. How far behind are they from previous grows?

Rose, I love your new Avi.

Big grasshoppa start life as little grasshoppa. For some reason, the little ones seem to do much more damage, to the sage anyway. The big ones, eat some, but heck, the plants are so big too by that time.....well....it just doesnt seem as much. I would hate to think of a swarm of them stopping by like locust though.

I love watchin them get all growns up......almost as much as them getting all Budded up with Dank.....:hubba:

Nice young ems tc...

Looking good TC
I hope you get rid of your grasshoppers.

hiya tc. plants are coming along nice. :)

Hiya TC! Looking good. Any early predictions on which one will go for the BPOTY entry?

Have you run the Urkel before or is this your first run with it?

Thanks guys for stopping in for a look. Seems like the girls are putting on an inch a day at this point. Some are just getting wider and dont seem to be getting taller, but dang, time drags in veg, you know?

Heal, the grasshoppas are not that big of a deal, compared to the spider mites of last year. There will be no wholesale slaughter of them as I tried with the spider mites last year. They dont eat much, and the sage on the the other side of the yard seems to have them very occupied. Also, it seems that no where near the number of small ones make it to adult hood around here. Anyway they havent in the past. They do get scarier as they get bigger, but the upside is easier to kill. The green ones take me back to a massive memory when I was little that was not fun and well....... I do get the courage up to kill them.

BB, I have hopes of a purple entry, I have enough purple plants..... the Grand Queen Purple (purple kush) is suposed to throw some pretty big buds. I have never run Urkel before.

Have a great 4th of July weekend Americans, and for the rest of the world, keep it between the ditches and have a great weekend!

Good Morning Campers!

Here is my latest group of pics of this years offering.

1. White pots, U2 Kush, left LVPK foreground.
2. LVPK close up, dang she has got wide leaves!
3. NL, still love those scaloped leaves.
4. Bubblegum, Pre 98 Bubba, Cherry AK 47 in the corner.
5. LST Urkel, back 2 Cherry AK 47, right Grand Queen Purple (aka purple kush)

6. Can anyone tell me if they consider the damage on these leaves the dreaded Thrips? I see no bugs at this point, none, and I looked and looked. What could cause this? I had thrips once and I distintly remember very small black flying bugs. I am about ready to get out the bug killer, it has not spread yet to other plants. It is also only on lower leaves. I am seriously BUGGED!:eek:

Thank you for any and all input.

white row.jpg

LVPK.jpg

NL.jpg

bubble, bubba, ak.jpg

urkel, ak, gqp.jpg

Thrips?.jpg

boy have they grown!

The last picture shows thrip damage. You can see the **** usually on the underside of the leaf. They slit the leaf and lay eggs in it, that is what gives the water mark look. Since they are outside, you can hit them with a strong spray of water first. That can knock the adults off, but the eggs will hatch in five days. Get yourself a package of blue sticky traps and hang on that plant.
That would be my first line of defense. They are drowned easily. Some plants they don't bother as much.
Good luck TC, you can do it, thrip is nothing compared to the unspeakable you had last year.

Thanks Rose, I thought it was thrips. So water it is, but I will still hit them with the bug killer I have I guess. They are very local to the lower leaves so far, on only one side of the plant.

The Urkel are cool, they put on over an inch a day! I think I am almost done holding them down as they grow, time to let them start growing up.

This last week has been very odd for our region. Clouds and the threat of thunder showers. Even today, when the clouds should have been gone, they are still there. Last Monday gave the feeling of a dark winter day. I did not turn the cooler on all week and still it is silent.

I will begin feeding the girls tomorrow the Age Old Bloom. The bottle says to start them two weeks before onset of flowers. As we get flowers starting anywhere from the first week in August to Mid August, tomorrow sounds good to me.

Below find N-Caged Grow:

1. The White pots the U2 Kush, right is the LVPK doing a lot of growing each day. You can barely see the Diesel behind LVPK.
2. The NL from a different angle.
3. Urkel in the LST boom. That passel of Urkel looks awesome to me.
4. The Grand Queen Purple, looking like the queens they are along the back cage.
5. The 2 Pineapple Cindy 99's, the smaller very near catching the larger one in size.

Have a nice weekend folks and thanks for looking in.

white U2kush.jpg

NL.jpg

Urkel.jpg

Grand Queen Purple.jpg

2 Cindy's.jpg

Urkel looks awesome, lots of bud sites on that baby. They all look so nice TC. The weather is strange up here too.
Your grow is just....growing. that was profound for a stoner.

it seems the urkle is lanky at first and then surprise with a nice bushy stature:) good lookin stuff. maybe next year u will run more of the big pots;)

Thank you Rose, yep, "growing like a weeds"....also stoner profundidy.

Mountain Man, I am seriously thinking that, yes.

The two plants that seem to have the most bud sites are the AK 47 and the Pineapple Cindy 99. If the Cindy finishes in time, she will for sure be in next years line up and the AK too. The Urkel is also on the short list for next year. The Cindy has a lot of Sativa in it from what I understand and see by her growth. If she can finish, she looks to have the potential to throw a lot of bud. The Pre 98 Bubba is now the smallest of the first plants put out, the LVPK and the Diesel both have surpassed her. But the Diesel does not have the bud sites that the Bubba has.

We have sprayed for the thrips and are watching out for more of the tale tale silver of the leaf. Mostly lower leaf was hit on the plants that got them. One more spray and we will call it quits on the thrip battle.

I love it when we get close to budding plants, they look so healthy and lush before the switch.

Latest posts

Back