Need a little help sexing plants please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suspect that the low light that sunlight provides this time of year may be part of the stretching problem.

I would take cuts from the bottom of the plant, rather than from the top. You are going to want to clean up the bottoms of the plants some anyway, so take those and clone those.

Boy, trying to remember every single day to cover the plants to give them a 12 hour dark period is very hard. You have to be home every single day at the right time, both morning and night for about 9 weeks to make this work. Why not just let them go and take one very large harvest in the fall? I believe that in the long run, this would give you as much or more bud and not be such a PITA.

Oh i am fully aware of the time and dedication to a crop that goes with a dep. I'm doing it for an experiment for my friend in Cali and as well it gives me 2 deps and a full sun crop in a year.

Yeah...no doubt that plant has Nutz....

I would Bin it as soon as you get the chance. jmo

The thing is that I don't believe that all this extra work is going to give you that much more. One huge crop that you let veg to a good size should produce as much or maybe more than 2 crops. Also, it is only going to take once or twice to forget to cover them at the proper time and you have a real possibility of your plants hermying. How do you plan on covering the plants so they get absolutely no light without doing damage to any other the buds and trichs??

As a really brand new grower, I do not think you realize how important it is that the plants be covered and uncovered at the exact same times every single day or how hard this is going to be.

Truly, when you are just starting out, you should try and learn the basics and just grow the plant before trying experimentation like this. There is a big learning curve to this hobby. But the big thing is that I do not believe that this method is going to be more productive, b ut it is fraught with downfalls. And I really will be surprised if you get through 8-10 weeks of covering plants every single day at the exact same time.....don't you have a life?

Ok well yee of little faith..

Yes i have a life but i also understand the process, time, and dedication it takes. I have a blackout tarp. white on one side and black on the other that will go over the structure that i has been built to house the dep. the tarp will never touch the plants and it will black out the light of day..

I will do as i have been shown and pull a tarp at 6pm and remove it later in the night say 11pm or before the sun comes up the next day.

Its not about getting the most its about having Meds when no one else has them. most if not all people here harvest in October i will have a crop in June or early July..

I will send updates and thank you for giving me even more motivation to prove the people who say i cant do it wrong. :)

Thanks the plan is to let them get used to the new home and then in a week or two start the dep.

Bozzo also uses this tactic with his girls.

From my perspective, your friend isn't exactly correct on cloning tops. They're harder to clone successfully than nice young green ends from your mains. i suspect this is from too much greenery to support while rooting. JMO.

Do you want any advice or not so much? I see some things that need done. First of all clean those bottoms up by 6-8 inches. Looks like you may have the start of powdery mildew on one plant already. You need the bottoms way cleaned out for air circulation.

Your friend isn't quite right on cloning the tops. When we clone we what the start to put all its energy into making roots. The cutting from the bottom of the plant have less Nitrogen and may clone easier than the tops. The tops are all about flowering. Most experienced cloners take them from the bottom and middle of the plants.

They aren't looking as good as they were. What is going on? Do you have a fan in there?

Pot is expensive to buy because it is expensive to grow. you can do it for less money but the plant has needs that have to be met. Do the leaves feel a bit limp? Tell us.

Clone from the bottom, and use the last 4 to 6" of the limb,and you should be fine. I wouldnt mess with my tops that argonna produce my flowers. You need to trim the bottoms anyway,,so why not use them for clones. Rose is right,,you nedd air moving around in your greenhouse are your plants are gonna have real problems when they start to flower.

Rose.
The leaves feel good i just got my clone king today will clean all the bottoms up and clone from there. have a fan installed in the green house now for better air movement. cant see any mold or mildew. some of the bottom shade leaves are turning brown was told this is normal. will send updated pic sat after i have had to time to take care of the concerns you have shown. thank you for your support and input.

You are most welcome... I feel like they need a whole bunch of fresh air.. Will look forward to your update. We want you to succeed.

They look better tonight just putting the fan in helped allot. its humid here thunder storms just got done pulling the tarps. coned off 25 clones in the new machine..

Latest posts

Back