New grower trying something new (pertetual grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BRO,,growing is a learning experience. You are most likely gonna make a few mistakes here and there,,thats part of learning. Your buyer needs to understand you are LEARNING to grow,,not an experienced grower already. Find a cloning method ya wanna learn and just do it,,thats the only way to learn,,is just do it bro. Tell your buyer to take a chill pill.

he understands. he's not an ***. I was just simply stating. we both know mistakes arises. im going to to learn. by the way, im a female. but im a gay females. so i guess bro is fine :rofl:

WeedHopper said:
BRO,,growing is a learning experience. You are most likely gonna make a few mistakes here and there,,thats part of learning. Your buyer needs to understand you are LEARNING to grow,,not an experienced grower already. Find a cloning method ya wanna learn and just do it,,thats the only way to learn,,is just do it bro. Tell your buyer to take a chill pill.

KoDak said:
he understands. he's not an ***. I was just simply stating. we both know mistakes arises. im going to to learn. by the way, im a female. but im a gay females. so i guess bro is fine :rofl:

Brosefina has a nice ring to it.....:)

don't be scared, cloning is simple, it involves using electron microscope tools to suck DNA from the plant and make a clone of it, something like Dolly sheep LOL kidding :ccc:

:laugh: :laugh: Zem is messing with you Kodak. Cloning is very easy and we will help you through every step as you need.

It sounds like you are in good shape to move forward. I would recommend that you find a nice place to set up your cloner(not in the veg tent as you will need that space for vegging plants). You only need a space about 2'x2' with access to electricity so that you can hook up one CFL bulb, one air pump, an aquarium heater or heat mat, and a small fan to circulate air. When cloning, you want to keep a fairly controlled environment for the cuttings so that they stay warm(around 78-80f with 75%rH). You don't need or want the large amount of light that is needed for vegging so the one CFL in the soft white or 3000k spectrum will do fine.

What kind of medium and pots do you plan to use? Is your grow/flower space where your tents will be, temp controlled?

ok im keeping notes. wat size pots should do u recommend? i still have yet to purchase the second tent, lights and etc for the flower. can u maybe send/direct me a link where i can start reading on cloning.

Hushpuppy said:
:laugh: :laugh: Zem is messing with you Kodak. Cloning is very easy and we will help you through every step as you need.

It sounds like you are in good shape to move forward. I would recommend that you find a nice place to set up your cloner(not in the veg tent as you will need that space for vegging plants). You only need a space about 2'x2' with access to electricity so that you can hook up one CFL bulb, one air pump, an aquarium heater or heat mat, and a small fan to circulate air. When cloning, you want to keep a fairly controlled environment for the cuttings so that they stay warm(around 78-80f with 75%rH). You don't need or want the large amount of light that is needed for vegging so the one CFL in the soft white or 3000k spectrum will do fine.

What kind of medium and pots do you plan to use? Is your grow/flower space where your tents will be, temp controlled?

Since I will be one of the few to recommend them I will chime in a let you know that I don't use any pot over one gallon. Most recommend 3 gallon or better. I have found that one gallon pots work well as long as you don't mind watering more often. A couple times I have used 20 ounce cups from start to finish. Got an ounce per plant in the cups. jmo

I recommend that you go to either Ebay or Amazon and get a Secret Jardin 4x4 or 5x5 tent. I like the 5x5 myself as it gives a little more room but requires 2 600watt HPS for flowering. The 4x4 will do fine with a 1000watt HPS for flowering.
Here is the lights that I recommend: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/best-grow-light-systems/1000-watt-grow-light-sets/ipower-grow-light-1000w-hps-dimmable-air-cool-hood-xxxl-set.html
They are a little pricey but worth every penny :)

Depending on what kind of growing you want to do; organic soil, soilless with synthetic nutrients, hydroponic, will decide what kind of pots and what size you use. I do hydro with synthetic nutrients so I use net pots that are about 2liters. There are a multitude of ways to do this that will work just fine. First you need to decide if you want to grow "pounds" or just several oz each time. Are you a very "hands-on" type that wants to "tinker" a lot or do you want to plant them and just let them do their thing and only do to them what you have to do?

You could also try the Son Agro 430w bulbs. I use 2 but my area is about 3x4. You can use them for veg and flower.

Hushpuppy, that is not to bad of a price for what you get. I think I paid almost $300 for my digital ballast that ended up burning up on me. Everything costs more in Canada when you add shipping costs.

I don't know what Amazon's shipping policy is to Canada, but I buy a lot of stuff on Amazon.

I keep my cloner in my veg tent. It is small and I am not cloning all the time. I don't think you necessarily need a separate place to clone.

I also want to say that not everyone can get the results Hammy does with his 1 gal pots. I find that when I do not transplant to larger pots and my plants get rootbound that my plants do not get as big or grow as well, even when they are kept properly watered.

i went and got a few quotes on the things i was considering. the Sun hut 4x4 tent will run $205 and another 600 watt ballast, 6" reflector and bulb will all run me $300. I dont want to get the 1,000 watt hps bulb and etc only becuz i already have a 600hps which i plan to put in the new 4x4 flowering tent. (i dont want the one i have to just be sitting, unused)

im using organic soil in 3gal pots with Bontanicare nutes. I guess i want to produce ounces vs pounds because with pounds,you'll have to use way bigger pots and less plants right? i have 8 plants in 3 gal vegging in a 2x4 tent. they have only been under the t5 for one month. I kinda let the plants do their own thing but im willing to get a lil dirty.

i will look into the links u posted. i appreciate it. is it ok to buy off amazon and get things like that shipped?

Hushpuppy said:
I recommend that you go to either Ebay or Amazon and get a Secret Jardin 4x4 or 5x5 tent. I like the 5x5 myself as it gives a little more room but requires 2 600watt HPS for flowering. The 4x4 will do fine with a 1000watt HPS for flowering.
Here is the lights that I recommend: hxxp://www.hpsgrowlightstore.com/hps1510/best-grow-light-systems/1000-watt-grow-light-sets/ipower-grow-light-1000w-hps-dimmable-air-cool-hood-xxxl-set.html
They are a little pricey but worth every penny :)

Depending on what kind of growing you want to do; organic soil, soilless with synthetic nutrients, hydroponic, will decide what kind of pots and what size you use. I do hydro with synthetic nutrients so I use net pots that are about 2liters. There are a multitude of ways to do this that will work just fine. First you need to decide if you want to grow "pounds" or just several oz each time. Are you a very "hands-on" type that wants to "tinker" a lot or do you want to plant them and just let them do their thing and only do to them what you have to do?

Amazon USA has a ton of stuff to browse through but when you find something you want they won't ship to Canada. The Canadian Amazon has hardly anything and the shipping also goes up.

Kodak, I can usually get 2.5 to3oz of dry weed from 2.5 gallons of soil for a plant under 3 feet.. I think this is good. I read somewhere 1oz dry pot per gallon of soil. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

robertr said:
Kodak, I can usually get 2.5 to3oz of dry weed from 2.5 gallons of soil for a plant under 3 feet.. I think this is good. I read somewhere 1oz dry pot per gallon of soil. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Yes that is good. However, I have never heard of yield being determined by pot size--ie 1 oz for 1 gal, 3 ozs for 3 gal pots. Yield is pretty much determined by your space, your growing conditions, and your light. More smaller plants will yield about the same as fewer larger plants.

i want to show u guys my plants but im so paranoid with sending the pix from my from to my email to upload. i misplaced my usb cord to simply transfer the pix. but hopefully i can use someone else's and upload shortly. also, I have a concern. like i said, my plants are in the 2x4 vegging. im using a basement and its fairy cold. but inside the tent it's reading btw 65-73 degrees. is that fine? but i also notice that im water less becuz its taking the soil longer to dry. should i lower the t5 light over more to speed up the drying of the soil? i dont want to overwater it but i want to be able to feed it so it can start to bloom. its week 4 this wk. i cant feed yet becuz the soil is still moist. i feel like the plants should be slightly bigger.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Yes that is good. However, I have never heard of yield being determined by pot size--ie 1 oz for 1 gal, 3 ozs for 3 gal pots. Yield is pretty much determined by your space, your growing conditions, and your light. More smaller plants will yield about the same as fewer larger plants.

KoDak said:
i want to show u guys my plants but im so paranoid with sending the pix from my from to my email to upload. i misplaced my usb cord to simply transfer the pix. but hopefully i can use someone else's and upload shortly. also, I have a concern. like i said, my plants are in the 2x4 vegging. im using a basement and its fairy cold. but inside the tent it's reading btw 65-73 degrees. is that fine? but i also notice that im water less becuz its taking the soil longer to dry. should i lower the t5 light over more to speed up the drying of the soil? i dont want to overwater it but i want to be able to feed it so it can start to bloom. its week 4 this wk. i cant feed yet becuz the soil is still moist. i feel like the plants should be slightly bigger.
you don't "have" to show pics, it's your call.
temps are good at these levels. lowering the t5 will not have the effect you want, however it must be as low as possible to the plant without burning it.
Maybe your soil is not light and airy enough and holds a lot of moisture, the only thing that would make evaporation quicker is more ventilation, more light, a dehumidifier or a heater

Latest posts

Back