newbie in hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did yu flush out yer DWC system when yu switched to 12/12? Yu may have a build up of chemical salts in the system from the plant using the nutes and leaving the salts behind. This is a common problem with chemical fertilizers because the nutrients are sometimes tied to salts in the chemical makeup, and it will vary from brand to brand. I would flush the system with clean water (run through the medium) to wash out any salt buildup then go back to the flower nute regimen.:) Also, do yu check and balance yer ph b4 adding nutes or after, or both? I always add my nutes first, let them sit for a few after vigorous stirring in, then check and adjust ph as nutes will definitely change ph:) Girls look good tho:cool: good work taking care of them:)

I flushed out the res but, forgot the medium. I will do that this morning. Hushpuppy, I ph my water add nutes ph again then add to res. Thank you for your help. (heat index going up to 115-120) Hope we dont have rolling brown outs or black outs...

Your res is quite small and I am pretty sure that is why you are having large pH flucuations.

Do not pH your water before you add nutes. Add nutes and then let it sit overnight to give the nutes a chance to buffer the solution before adding pH up or down. I then let the solution sit for another 24 hours to make sure that the pH is correct. If not, I adjust again. What is your starting pH?

I would recommend upping your ppms. When I looked up the floraduo it didn't appear that one was grow and the other was bloom--it looked as if they needed to be used in conjunction with each other in varying ratios for proper plant care, much like the Flora Grow, Micro, and Bloom. How much of each are you using? What is happening to your ppms when the pH drops?

With temps that high I would check my rez temp also. I try to keep mine at 68f.

pcduck... my res temp is 72. my bud tent is in my spare room and the tent tyemp is 77 rh is 44%

The Hemp Goddess... I will premix my nutes and let them sit. I do use the duo together, but do not let them sit before addind to the res.
I am using 1.5tsp per gal of B and .5tsp per gal of A. my ppms are at 550. I also added cal-mag. I had a few small brown spots starting on a few fan leaves. I gave them 1tsp per gal. I will add a new pic this evening.

hushpuppy...I flushed out my medium this morning. when I left for work I had a ph of 6.0 and my ppms were at 550.
Thanks everyone for your help. Will keep a close eye on how I add my nutes from now on. Now lets get high!!

The Hemp Goddess said:
Your res is quite small and I am pretty sure that is why you are having large pH flucuations.

Do not pH your water before you add nutes. Add nutes and then let it sit overnight to give the nutes a chance to buffer the solution before adding pH up or down. I then let the solution sit for another 24 hours to make sure that the pH is correct. If not, I adjust again. What is your starting pH?

I would recommend upping your ppms. When I looked up the floraduo it didn't appear that one was grow and the other was bloom--it looked as if they needed to be used in conjunction with each other in varying ratios for proper plant care, much like the Flora Grow, Micro, and Bloom. How much of each are you using? What is happening to your ppms when the pH drops?

My ph dropped from 5.8 to 5.1 again the ppms also dropped from 550 to 400. used about half gal of nute solution.
Hemp Goddess,what would you suggest the ppms be at in this stage of flowering? I havent a clue and have been reading everything. Thanks misskush

misskusk said:
My ph dropped from 5.8 to 5.1 again the ppms also dropped from 550 to 400. used about half gal of nute solution.
Hemp Goddess,what would you suggest the ppms be at in this stage of flowering? I havent a clue and have been reading everything. Thanks misskush

By the time I get my girls to flowering, I generally have then over 1000 ppms. I push my nutes until I get a little nute burn on the tips of the leves and then back off just a bit.

I am not understanding using 1/2 gal of nute solution--are you just topping up your res or do you do a complete change out (every week to 10 days)?

The Hemp Goddess said:
By the time I get my girls to flowering, I generally have then over 1000 ppms. I push my nutes until I get a little nute burn on the tips of the leves and then back off just a bit.

I am not understanding using 1/2 gal of nute solution--are you just topping up your res or do you do a complete change out (every week to 10 days)?

I should have said the girls took up 1\2 gal of nute solution over night.
I pre-mixed as you suggested. At 10am I upped the ppms to 1000 and the ph is 5.8. On my way to work and will check on the girls when I get in or before lights out. I will keep and eye on tips for nute burn. If they show no sigh when its time to change the res,what would you suggest upping the ppms to? 1000-1200 and watch the tips ect???

Thanks....misskush

The Hemp Goddess... I found this while searching. What do you think?? ph level: 5.7-5.8 (you can let it rise a little at the end of your flower cycle)

veg cycle
week 1: ppm 200-400
week 2: ppm 400-500
week 3: ppm 500-600
week 4: ppm 600-800
week 5: ppm 600-800
week 6: ppm 600-800 (for however long as you wanna veg for)

flower cycle
week1: ppm 800-1000
week2: ppm 900-1100
week3: ppm 1000-1200
week4: ppm 1000-1300
week5: ppm 1000-1400
week6: ppm 1000-1400
(flower cycle is done when you see the trichomes turning the colors you want)
(end of flower cycle, let your water level drop and than just flush with clean water)

That looks like a pretty good schedule for standard growth and nute regimen. Just be careful at the high end of it until yu know what yer plants like. Some will not tolerate anything higher than 1000ppm but yu have to work it till yu find the plants' liking. If yer having to start out from scratch (say after a flush) then start the first day with about 600ppm then bump up to 800 the next time yu feed, then watch for a couple days b4 upping again to 1000, and so on until yu get upwards of 1400ppm. I usually stop around 1200 myself but that is where my girls are. I only flush the last 5 days (if yer doing a final flush)

Hushpuppy said:
That looks like a pretty good schedule for standard growth and nute regimen. Just be careful at the high end of it until yu know what yer plants like. Some will not tolerate anything higher than 1000ppm but yu have to work it till yu find the plants' liking. If yer having to start out from scratch (say after a flush) then start the first day with about 600ppm then bump up to 800 the next time yu feed, then watch for a couple days b4 upping again to 1000, and so on until yu get upwards of 1400ppm. I usually stop around 1200 myself but that is where my girls are. I only flush the last 5 days (if yer doing a final flush)

Thanks hushpuppy, good to know! I've been upping theppms as The Hemp Goddess suggested and theyy LOVE it. Taking up a gal of nute sloution a day. Little hairs everywhere:D ...
Ya'll are helping so much and I thank you!!

I think my boss is trying to work me to death. 106 hrs last week and I feel everyone of them...Well I have bud sites everywhere. Added koolbloom and some Co2 and they really responded. Pics coming soon. (to tired right now)

Very cool. look forward to seeing the girls in bloom!!

Here are my girls. Have just a bit of nute burn on the tips. I think I've found that happy medium:D

010.jpg

012.jpg

They look real nice :) coming along well I'd say. I don't see any nute burn in the pics, must be fairly minor which is good. how far into flower now?:)

Hi Hushpuppy, They are 16 days into flowering. The nute burn is minor. I cant beleive how fast their growing.

I think I'm gonna look into some Auto beans. Have you ever grown Autos Hushpuppy?

I have a cabnet about 3' tall and I think it would be a perfect space for a couple autos.

Latest posts

Back