newbie in hydro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
never grown any autos myself...worked on a bunch of'em but never grew any, lol...ok weak joke...Everything I have read on them says that they aren't great producers

I was waiting on the joke lol...

When I ordered the White Widow beans, I received 2 freebies.
a Auto Lemon from Seedman seeds and one Easy Rider from the Joint Doctor.
Started germinating in 5.5ph rockwool yesterday.

Hey if ya got the space for'em I say grow'em n try'em

Hello, I was in a car wreck last summer. lost my first crop.
I've started growing again. I have a question about bloom to ripen cycles.
How long do you bloom and when do you trans to ripen?
I'm growing for the medicine...this crap the Drs give me makes me vomit.

Alright, I am going to load up some pics and show week to week progress....
week 1-2 clone bucket- r.o. water and 15 ml clone sol. 2nd week, fresh water, r.o sol and Grow sol and bloom Half shot glass ea. $ tspn glass (smaller than usual)..
Week 3-4 Veg room, 600 ppm micro, grow, bloom (4th week, 800ppm)
Week 5 1000 ppm go into regular system... Every week NEW WATER, NEW NEUTRIENTS!!
Week 6 1400 ppm
week 7-11 1600-1800 will fluxuate..
Week 12 RO WATER AND FLUSH SOLUTION...
Harvest and cure. BIG HUGE BUDS, My best friend has been doing this for YEARS. Consistant pound and half monthly if you have two lights ( I run 600's)

Grandmaster said:
Alright, I am going to load up some pics and show week to week progress....
week 1-2 clone bucket- r.o. water and 15 ml clone sol. 2nd week, fresh water, r.o sol and Grow sol and bloom Half shot glass ea. $ tspn glass (smaller than usual)..
Week 3-4 Veg room, 600 ppm micro, grow, bloom (4th week, 800ppm)
Week 5 1000 ppm go into regular system... Every week NEW WATER, NEW NEUTRIENTS!!
Week 6 1400 ppm
week 7-11 1600-1800 will fluxuate..
Week 12 RO WATER AND FLUSH SOLUTION...
Harvest and cure. BIG HUGE BUDS, My best friend has been doing this for YEARS. Consistant pound and half monthly if you have two lights ( I run 600's)
Thanks for the info Grandmaster...my girls finish in 8-9 weeks...im on wk 7 and I got nute burn when I had ppm at 1600-1800. they just cant take that much neutrients. ppms are at 1100 and they took up over a gallon in the last 24 hours. My trics are going from clear to cloudy...:icon_smile: not qiute half yet. I stopped adding floragro when I changed my res...

Not all plants can handle higher ppms. I imagine that there are many strains that will get nute burn at ppms of 1600-1800.

In addition, pulling 1-1/2 lbs every month with 2 600W is not something that is easy or is going to happen for most people--that is over a gram a watt.

The Hemp Goddess said:
Not all plants can handle higher ppms. I imagine that there are many strains that will get nute burn at ppms of 1600-1800.

In addition, pulling 1-1/2 lbs every month with 2 600W is not something that is easy or is going to happen for most people--that is over a gram a watt.
Hey is that wet weight or dry weight? If he is pulling that from under the same lights every month then he is having to pull only about a third of what is beneath the lights for a perpetual harvest, correct?

Hushpuppy said:
Hey is that wet weight or dry weight? If he is pulling that from under the same lights every month then he is having to pull only about a third of what is beneath the lights for a perpetual harvest, correct?

I dont know Hushpuppy, thats Grandmaster's grow..

I am currently enjoying the pre 98 bubba/banana kush, white rhino, a world class and some purple strain... Yes that would be "dry weight" and is VERY EASY to accomplish.... The leaves may get some small burning occasionally but the buds dont and are huge. Yes dry and there are only 12 plants. They are looking great!! My new aero-jet works wonders!!

misskusk said:
Thanks for the info Grandmaster...my girls finish in 8-9 weeks...im on wk 7 and I got nute burn when I had ppm at 1600-1800. they just cant take that much neutrients. ppms are at 1100 and they took up over a gallon in the last 24 hours. My trics are going from clear to cloudy...:icon_smile: not qiute half yet. I stopped adding floragro when I changed my res...
I only run advaced nutrient 3 part with B-52 and big bud.

my math may be off but 2 x 600 =1200 watts.... 1.5 x 448 = 672g thats only alil more then 1/2g a watt... not 1g+ per watt...

Grandmaster said:
I am currently enjoying the pre 98 bubba/banana kush, white rhino, a world class and some purple strain... Yes that would be "dry weight" and is VERY EASY to accomplish.... The leaves may get some small burning occasionally but the buds dont and are huge. Yes dry and there are only 12 plants. They are looking great!! My new aero-jet works wonders!!
So are you constantly rotating plants in and out on a monthly basis? In my figuring it takes roughly 3 months to go from clone to harvest so you would be pulling a third(4plants) of the plants under the 2 lights each month. Is that correct? How tall are you able to grow them? How long do you veg them before flipping? I am shooting for about 2 pounds a month from my grow-lab and I am trying to get all the logistics right.

A few pics... I'm going to turn this tent into a veg room. I have a 4'x4'x6.5 tent on the way with 1000w hps lights coming too...
Gonna get some T5's at tax time...

039.jpg

026.jpg

040.jpg

Looking real good :) They are coming along nicely. It sounds like you are well on yer way to a nice grow setup. Addicting isn't it ;)

Thanks Hushpuppy, yes it is! These pics are 2 weeks old. The trichones are about 30% amber and I've started flushing 4 days ago. :)

Hushpuppy said:
So are you constantly rotating plants in and out on a monthly basis? In my figuring it takes roughly 3 months to go from clone to harvest so you would be pulling a third(4plants) of the plants under the 2 lights each month. Is that correct? How tall are you able to grow them? How long do you veg them before flipping? I am shooting for about 2 pounds a month from my grow-lab and I am trying to get all the logistics right.
The plants go into flower room after 4 weeks in veg, Two in clone bucket w/2-3 water changes... And then into a large tote with 16 4" net pots WITH NO MEDIA. I USE NO CLAY ROCKS OR ANY OTHER THING, just plant in 4" net pot with a black neoprene insert...After two weeks in there, right into the main unit, out of the tote and into the aero-jet... its a 24 site so I block off half with neoprenes... The Aero-jet allows the top to come off grow trays so the roots can be adjusted slightly to keep from clogging the drain... Then after 8 weeks in flower time for cure... Keeping the cycle going.... The clones/cuttings are taken before switched into flower and put into cloner and follow scedule again... Two 600 watt bulbs two aero-jet 4 tray systems... every 4 weeks harvest. 1.25-1.5 lb depending on strains.:cool:

Hushpuppy said:
Oh, they are going to be 4 weeks on sat, they are 2 ft tall and night get another 8 plus inches... most of it in bud height..:hubba:

Latest posts

Back