NLxBB hydroponic grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is my first grow to make it to budding but it does smell. I have Una in small bowls throughout the house and I have 3 ionizers one large one in the room, one in my bedroom and one near the cat box. When company comes over I usually get a little notice and will turn off the fans and Oust the house. I find it to be a pleasant smell but if the wrong person were to take a whiff I would not like the consequences. I've had some stuff I have bought just opening the ziplock bag that is stronger smelling than these 4 plants but it does have a certain smell.

Day 56 4th week flowering

My NLXBB is doing well for all my flub-ups with the nutes ( see picture below, leaves have "bumps" on them and some burn). This being my first grow to make it to flowering. I have four ladies and two are definitely doing better than the other two but I think that is because I didn't really consider I would have 4 plants in my caddy and perhaps would be better with two that have been topped a couple of times.
They are drinking about a gallon a day, every other day I add water + dyna-bloom, top max, sugar daddy to make the pH 5.5, ppm is 1100, the temp is regular at 74 with 40% humidity. HPS lights 12/12 still budding, with white "tenacles". This is just the waiting time... I have two clones that have taken off from the other clones so I've made them my mother plants and I have quite a few clones. All are color coded to match the large plants.

Day 56a.jpg

Day 56b.jpg

Day 56c.jpg

Day 56f.jpg

Whats going on R68. We all have problems with our first grow that's how we learn. Crap we are still making mistakes and still learning about this killer plant we all love to smoke a year later. That's right we have only been growing for 1 year. Anyway your ladies are looking great and so are your babies. Keep up the great work my friend. ;)

Day 63; 5th week flowering

I didn't post last week, the plants are filling in nicely. I was concerned about over-nute but they are doing well and I didn't want to shock them so I left them be. so no changes this week.

Today is my plants 70th day, 6 weeks into flowering. Sticking with my grow plan. I had to dump all the water and replace it with tap. 69ppm 5.5pH. I hope I am doing this right as from my readings I should have no nutes the last two weeks and this strain a hybrid of Indica and Sativa should harvest in 8 weeks.

My question is... it was a big ordeal to pick up the plants and I had another tub i set them in while I dumped the reservoir tub. Then I placed it back and got the fresh water in it. Putting the plants back was no easy task and I ended up bending a couple of the cola's. Is there an easier way????

Day 63a.jpg

Day 63b.jpg

Day 63c.jpg

Looks great to me. I would be very interested to know what kind of yield you got when its all said and done.

Ravishing_68 said:
Day 63; 5th week flowering

I didn't post last week, the plants are filling in nicely. I was concerned about over-nute but they are doing well and I didn't want to shock them so I left them be. so no changes this week.

Today is my plants 70th day, 6 weeks into flowering. Sticking with my grow plan. I had to dump all the water and replace it with tap. 69ppm 5.5pH. I hope I am doing this right as from my readings I should have no nutes the last two weeks and this strain a hybrid of Indica and Sativa should harvest in 8 weeks.

My question is... it was a big ordeal to pick up the plants and I had another tub i set them in while I dumped the reservoir tub. Then I placed it back and got the fresh water in it. Putting the plants back was no easy task and I ended up bending a couple of the cola's. Is there an easier way????

Could install a drain valve, use an aquarium siphon, wet/dry shopvac, small water pump. They make a small siphon water pump that attaches to a drill, can find them at 'the depot'. Ladies look very nice. ;)

Yes, thank you all for explaining to me what the hole in the water pump is for... I'd put duct tape over it when I was using it for my drippers... ((DOH)).

I found my kids' interplay microscope and wanted to share pics of the trichomes. it only gives 10x, 60x and 200x. Was hoping for 30 but no such luck, but this way I can show you what I see. Enjoy ... one more week to wait for trichomes to get a little ambery...?

trichomes week 7.jpg

trichomes week 7 top60x.jpg

trichomes week 7 bottom.jpg

trichomes week 7a.jpg

trichomes leaf week 7 top60x.jpg

Looking good Rav.

Nice and clear looking still. Next week, you'll even have more!

It's a bit hard to tell by the pics R68. My eyes arn't as good as they use to be. ;) Remember 8 weeks is the flowering time on them ladies so anytime after that you should beable to harvest. Just keep an eye on them trichromes.

Oh So Lovely.... remember back above I'd said that I bent some of the colas...? Well one branch I cut and hung it, dried it and tonight... ((like the wait of the birth of a baby I swear it is!!)) smoked some of it :48: . It is early bud ...giddy like, citrus, not harsh... Will let you know more later, I'm enjoying this wave :headbang:

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrravishing!!

Hello! How's it going?

Well, great to see how you're doing here. I love the micro setup. I gotta agree with TBG, you need a little more magnification and resolution, but I LOVE the ingenuity! This is really awesome. It potentially solves problems of motion, field of view, portability, etc. Thank you!

RE: Grown vs. sold. I quickly learned that even my worst attempts at bud surpass most that was ever sold to me. Now I schmoke the top colas only....... ah life! :D

Ok here are pics. Day 77 - I harvested the one plant as it was looking sugary and the sample we tried from it, we liked a lot. The first two pics should be the cabinet I have it hanging in. In the container is the one cola we cut and dried earlier and tried last night. the boxes are cut up leaves saving for hash.

The next picture is the 3 plants still in the caddy and the close up is a bud on one of the plants still in the caddy.
pH 5.9 ppm 200 no nutes, plain water, HPS 12/12 temp 74 42% humidity.

Day 77c.jpg

Day 77d.jpg

Day 77a.jpg

Day 77b.jpg

Hi Rav can you do me a favor and tell me how much of bud did you get in grams or oz. wet and dry if you can
thank you its awesome

all of it? or my longest branch? just bud? I've not bought a scale cuz I am growing just for me, but if you let me know I'll see what I can do.

Hey Rav... very nice top colas! Nice finish, the stats on your final mix look good.. the buds looks sugary. Check, check check! :D

Amazing! You know people... I love this place. I really really do. My fiance just doesn't understand my love and passion for this "growing thing". To read these and to have everyone be as excited as me is so freakin wonderful! Rock on. Smoke on. **** the oppressive, corrupt governments. Damn it I love Mary Jane and every one else who feels that way as well.:heart:

Oh, very nice grow by the way... got kinda carried away there.

Congrats on a very fine harvest R68. Nothing better than growing and smoking your own bud. How much longer do ya think the other ladies have before ya take them down? What do ya have planned for next grow? Great job. ;)

Hey Rav, those are some FINE looking buds! After their cure, you're gonna have a lot of great smoke!

Whatcha growing next???

I'll use my microscope one more time to look at the resin glands this weekend, but for convenience I'll take the other plants down this weekend.

Funny you should ask... I already got 2 NLxBB clones under 400 MH lights in the closet. Been working on this closet for some time... I had white paint in my hair last week LOL. I'm going to sell the Caddy, I bought it used and it was great to teach me, but now I have the closet.

After these two clones, I'll be taking the summer off as God knows I'll have enough smoke for some time and it gets so hot in the summer, it is just not worth fighting the heat. Besides we got racing to deal with.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and wisdom!!!

Latest posts

Back