Old Fo Freak Show Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn near killed my cuttings by putting them out in the sun. They are unlikely to take roots. They look very sad…

Be careful putting cuttings directly in the sun. Set them on the porch until they get use to the heat.

Be careful putting cuttings directly in the sun. Set them on the porch until they get use to the heat.
My thinking was that they were accustomed to the sun but I think being wrapped in plastic wrap and using black plastic pots made for an oven affect. They will try to live in my front picture window. It gets morning sun and my last clone was happy there. It was dumb of me to try to push the envelope…

Like watching grass grow…
4DBF2EA2-8487-4026-9139-BFC247E3D208.jpeg

Found some webbing on the Freaks this morning. The leaves don’t have the typical white spots I usually see with spider mites but I found a couple with my loupe. Bummer. I don’t like spraying my girls in flower but I broke out the spinosad and gave all 3 a good soaking.

I managed to get 2 of 10 clones going, but of course mine is a male. Other clones started with no issues, so I'm blaming the strain...
Also, have any of your male flowers opened? Some of mine appear to be open but are not dropping any pollen. The male flowers on mine are unusually green similar to the green pistils on one of the females.

Also, have any of your male flowers opened? Some of mine appear to be open but are not dropping any pollen. The male flowers on mine are unusually green similar to the green pistils on one of the females.
Same here. I took a couple of branches and dried them, but I don't think there was much if any pollen in the nanners on those branches. I thought I would wait one more week and try again.

Same here. I took a couple of branches and dried them, but I don't think there was much if any pollen in the nanners on those branches. I thought I would wait one more week and try again.
A couple years ago, I was able to clip off branches with male flower clusters and put the stem in a glass of water and in a few days, the flowers opened.

Maybe a he she? It was very hard to decide to sex these plants and even the female looks different. Hopefully mine will start to stack in some way soon. I think the bloom is 63 days so that would make it late October I think…

Maybe a he she? It was very hard to decide to sex these plants and even the female looks different. Hopefully mine will start to stack in some way soon. I think the bloom is 63 days so that would make it late October I think…
That is what I figured too. I’m hoping for a dry fall.

I need some fall weather to kick in at my house. This heat and humidity is killing me. My two plants left outside and my little freak need a break. The leaves are starting to fall now so hopefully we will get some relief soon.

Latest posts

Back