Old Hippie's Outdoor Monsters 08

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are monstrous. I'm curious how many hours of sunlight are there now, where you grow?

I'm so jealous of you ladies Old Hippie. They look great man. The best of luck to your grow.

crashul said:
These are monstrous. I'm curious how many hours of sunlight are there now, where you grow?
about 14 hours of daylight now and losein about 5 mins a week

7-11-08 plants 002 (Medium).jpg

WOW!!!!!! Thoes are some monstrousities of plants. How tall are thoes ones towering over your shed??? Looks like your gonna have one helluva harvest. I wish I could grow some monster like that around my area but no way to many copters around here! Good luck with the rest of your grow brutha!

Looking Great OH:goodposting:

I'm curious as to how you prepared the soil at you patch and your watering/feeding schedule...............

bud.uncle said:
Looking Great OH:goodposting:

I'm curious as to how you prepared the soil at you patch and your watering/feeding schedule...............

Hi Bud, I till the ground in early march and put lime and fert 13/13/13/on top of the ground so it has time to water in good, then I run the tiller over each spot a week or so before i plant the 1 foot plants in the ground, that i started in M/G potting soil in march. Loose soils is important, it gives roots a soft soil so the roots can spead durin veg so they grow fast and big. I use a mixture of Organic compost and composted manure in the large hole i dig to plant in.

I only water when they look dry, sometimes i water three times a week sometimes one. the rain determins how often i water, but I always M/G every other Sunday. in june i use epsen salts, 1 tbl spoon spread around each plant. and in july I spread 3 or 4 tbls of 13/13/13/ around them to slow release. in late july or early aug. i start bloom burrst in stead of reg M/G thats about it. Oh And d i give lots of love to my girls too. lol

Last night we had a super cell with tornado's and wind inexcess of 65 miles per hour! and very large hail. I lost two of my largest plants:cry: and had to repair my favorite girl who split right down theEDIT middle. I found out that my tallest plant almost 10 foot was a male had a few ball on the top. so i would have pulled him anyway soon as i could have told he was male.but I lost a 8 foot + female. but I still have 11 plants. heres some pics.

plant disaster 7-08 2 027 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 2 024 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 004 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 007 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 003 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 011 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 008 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 005 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 014 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 009 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 006 (Medium).jpg

plant disaster 7-08 016 (Medium).jpg

Wow man crazy stuff there. Really sucks you lost one. Hey the others look great tho. And that one will hopefully heal right up. Good luck Old Hippie.

wow, they are monsterous. Good grow man. Sorry to hear about that one plant but they are still looking crazy

Sorry about the plants getting hurt. Other ladies looking good.

Great attitude, dude!! I had to kill my biggest one (4') yesterday cause he had balls!! I know it's the right thing to do, but he was a pretty plant!! Still have 5 and it loks like they are all girls at this point.

Hyperbrandon said:
Wow man crazy stuff there. Really sucks you lost one. Hey the others look great tho. And that one will hopefully heal right up. Good luck Old Hippie.
Yeah Its gonna be ok, I'll still be smokin some good bud in oct! but she was my favorite plant, 7 foot tall and 5 foot wide and she smells sooooo good. think it was the type that had those pretty pink pistols???? I thought she look like the plant last year that had um. hey mother nature my have saved my ***! now i dont have a spot where there were 4 huge plants right together. maybe? Hey I still got plenty bud comin LOL

plant disaster 7-08 2 015 (Medium).jpg

My buddy had a monster split down the middle. He used tree glue and the baby grew back just fine. Might want to think of it in case it happens again. If I remember correctly she was about 9 foot and three of us hold hands couldn't make a circle around her. Stump when we cut her down was about 10 inches. I think that is why I love your grows so much hippy, they remind me of his when we young. Everybody has kids now and we can't be that bold anymore.

BuddyLuv said:
My buddy had a monster split down the middle. He used tree glue and the baby grew back just fine. Might want to think of it in case it happens again. If I remember correctly she was about 9 foot and three of us hold hands couldn't make a circle around her. Stump when we cut her down was about 10 inches. I think that is why I love your grows so much hippy, they remind me of his when we young. Everybody has kids now and we can't be that bold anymore.
Bein from the big city i grew in closets pre 2000. but ive leaned by doin, to grow outdoors, with super great help from this site. my kids are not kids anymore, but I would like to think growing up with me they understand my way of life and the chances I take. :fid: LOL

Latest posts

Back