oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer cans is a strain specific thing. The stuff I'm growing right now makes buds that vary in size from golf balls to lime size with an occasional lemon for good measure. You have some excellent frost developing and some gorgeous color there.

Pulled 3 weird fan leaves. All from the same main branch but on different buds. I have not checked my pH. Seems to me though that pH, nute burn, light burn, or heat stress would be plant wide not branch specific. None of the buds show any PM or bud rot. RH is always under 35, lights on or off. I have about a week give or take before I chops I am not freaking out just irritated...

8C359EB5-0634-4FD6-B661-7994AFEB48E9.jpeg

I'd say its time to water with plain water. They are probably just drying out because of the humidity but they sure are green. I'm about a week behind you I think and I am starting to lighten up. OG and mimosa seem to finish a lot alike

Yep. I usually stop feeding at about 6 weeks. Last feeding was a couple days ago so I ran long. The buds aren’t getting any bigger really. Mostly cloudy. No amber yet. Seems this plant goes about 9 weeks. It isn’t drinking much probably because it is do dry and the stoma are shut(low VPD) so little transpiration thus little growth...

That's not something that I have to deal with usually but I think there is a wetting agent you can add to your water that promotes absorption. Umbra understands those water things way better'n me, I'm sure he can help you out. I get only about a month of that ridiculous humidity but your bud is looking nice.

My humidifier was trash. I have 2 others but they are mandated to keep the house comfortable or so I am told. ;) I have 4 trays filled with water that I hoped passive evaporation would help with the RH, one with a fan pulling air over it. Basements are usually relatively damp. No such luck for oldfogey. I think umbra is who clued me into the VPD thing. My plants are a lot happier and vigorous when in the proper range but my climate control is kinda climate ‘does what it wants’ ...

I can send you some RH ...been squeezing it out of the air past 2 weeks...oh well...free water. That work looks awesome OF8...you never disappoint!

Thx hp but here in Massachusetts we can have all 4 seasons in a 24 hour period and hot and schweaty will be here before too long. We had 6” of snow yesterday and today will be 50 degrees. May even need to run the dehumidifier. I need to be careful what I complain about...

We get 4 seasons in one day here as well...have to haul 3 sets of clothing around with ya to be covered. After the end of April...all that clothing is replaced with towels for sweat lol.

as an update as i have not been on here in a long time, the scrog did not yield as well as i had hoped. at the end of flowering the buds stopped putting on weight. i think my soil soured or my em1 may have gone bad too. a lot of the leaves began to dry up and curl. i will keep the scrog in my back pocket and use it when i decide to flower again. at the moment, i am not flowering and just trying to keep the clones of the 8 strains i have alive and in a semi-dormant state. take care,
of8

Hey OF, Nice to see you, i miss you when you are gone. Your mimosa is in my bathtub and outside. Thank you. How have you been? I hope well.

Thanks for the reply. I’d love to see your handiwork with the Mimosa plants. A friend of mine is going to grow out a mimosa plant I gave him in addition to 6 other strains the @stinkyattic gave me. It will be interesting to see some monster plants.

I am still dealing with my balance issue and memory issues. Had a test last week that finally showed a probable issue. Parkinsonism which is akin to Parkinsons. I don’t have the tremor thing most folks associate with Parkinsons. Probably will eventually. Need to do some more research but sounds like it is progressive and there is no cure and they use awful chemicals to ‘help’. I am not a big fan of taking awful chemicals...

Good to hear from you my friend. I was kinda worried about ya. I have inner ear issues but you sound more serious. I started 5 plants in dwc which was new to me, now that it is time to harvest one is still surviving, lost the rest to root rot so I kinda feel for ya. Hope you find a way to deal with the dizzy

thx rose and nick.

@Rosebud - i made some rso a while back but it is in the freezer. i don't remember what strains i used to make it though but i think it was made using stuff i grew using gh 3 part nutes and that isn't organic so it is probably junk. i have about a quarter pound of trim and popcorn from my mendo cookie and mimosa plants and oddly enough, a bottle of grain alcohol(mrs fogey wanted to make hand sanitizer back when the masses were buying all the stock of that and tp). may try it out.

@St_Nick - i started watching your thread when you were comparing the dwc to your tried and true soil grows. sorry to hear the dwc didn't work well for you but you are a smart man and i am sure if you try again, you will own dwc.

No treatment plan presently. 20 months of doctors trying different drugs with no improvement but throwing chemicals at something when they didn’t know what was my issue is kinda skeevy in my opinion(but I tried their pharmaceuticals in hopes that their guess was an educated guess)...

Latest posts

Back