oldfogey8’s Mimosa clone mother scrog attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kinda counterintuitive to me but the pot is drying out more quickly than before defoliation. I thought less leaves, less surface area to transpire, so less water consumption. Maybe better air movement thru the plant is creating a drier micro environment on the leaf surface so moisture is being carried away from the plant more quickly. I know my VPD is nowhere near optimal. My humidifier is unable to provide enough humidity to counter the dry winter air but my understanding was that the stomata close down when the environment is too dry to prevent the loss of water. Eh, it is what it is. The plant looks better having stripped away a majority of the fan leaves and I like pushing my envelope of comfort.

Humidifier is trash. Bummer. It was one of those units with a filter/wick and the wick disintegrated. Probably go with an ultrasonic unit when I get around to buying another one. Scavenging the fan for future use. Got a batch of brownies in the oven. I have a few lbs of cannabutter (which I melted some old frozen hash into) and I need to use it up. I will probably be baked in an hour as I licked the beaters and spatula. Oops.

I licked the spoon when i made rso once....once
Spent the night in a dog bed made for a pug with oven mits on both of my hands. The only time i can remember having an out of body experience in my life.

lol. i am pretty buzzed but it is sunny and nearly 60 deg in Massachusetts in February so it is a good day to have a good buzz. considering maybe half of the butter was made with trim i didn’t decarb, i am a hoping i didn’t boil off any good stuff when i cooked the brownies. i now cook them at 300 deg(used to go 350) for longer. i guess i will need to try a brownie tomorrow because i am probably good for today...

Week 4 - it is literally like watching grass grow...

359370C5-6309-4D88-A999-2159F867E56E.jpeg
AE9E9DCA-C909-483B-A69E-13EDE77F284B.jpeg

Tuckin’ and tyin’. Looks like I will be getting longer colas so that is a win. However, I think I went too far in defoliating and may pay for it in yield. Comparing the grows buds before this to my current buds, it looks like I am a bit behind. Could be that I have so many more bud sites and less ‘substrate’ than the previous grow. Next plants going into flower will be 1 Mimosa clone and 1 Mendo Cookie clone in 5 gallon felt pots that will be better controlled during veg and scrogged with a lower canopy. I like the scrog and think defoliation makes sense. I just need to not smoke any Church before I decide to defoliate. That stuff is like Ridilin... ;)

Looking good!
Yer killin'it my friend. Good lookin' buddage
Thx. I think the plant is giving me confirmation I defoliated too much because I am getting some fade already at just under 5 weeks. My gut is telling me that in past grows the plant had more fan leaves to draw nitrogen from and since I was mean and amputated that usual source, she is hungry. I’m not too concerned. Just an observation. The Extreme Blend is 12-0-6 so I think that should help. Question: the kelp4less description says to use this as a foliar feed from week 4 of flower on. I thought foliar feeding after week 3 was a bad idea. What are opinions on foliar feeding at this point?

Bad idea? Mehhhh, just more complicated. You dont want the buds getting too wet. You dont want any surface moisture still on the plants, or excessive humidity in the air, when the lights shut off. The finer the mist, the better. I use foliar seaweed/algae extract supplements in flower all the time (purple maxx and snowstorm) with no issues.
Any NPK type fert used in flower for deficiency correction, id focus on the lower part of the plant, where it can be absorbed to add to the reserves- but if yours are already nekkid... hmm. Yeah heavy exfoliation definitely has a point if diminishing returns and can bite ya in the tushie if you go too far. But the plants still look great. Add it to your grow notes for next run!

Also aerogardens... seriously $200 to grow enough herbs for ONE pot of spaghetti sauce. Pffftt go buy a can of prego and a REAL light lol

Thx. The Extreme Blend has kelp, humic and fulvic acid as well as ‘amino acids’. I have a sprayer that gives me a very fine mist. My concern was more about residue remaining on the buds as my humidity is running pretty low(mid 20’s (lights on)to 40-ish)lights off). Winter in Mass is winter even without the cold and snow...
I have a small bottle of snow storm in my ‘I am not using that stuff again’ collection but it is 4, maybe 6 years old. Probably should deep six some of that collection(cha-ching, open sesame and beastie bloom to name a few). Maybe I will spread it over the piles of leaves I have in the woods behind the house...

Omg don't throw out your snow storm it takes FOREVER to go bad I think mine is 10+ (got a big bottle) and smells fine and still works- noticeable improvement in frost after about 48h

Latest posts

Back