Outdoor autos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I generate 20 gal of water a day, 14 gal for my 6 plants and the rest is for other plants we have around the yard. If I did not water 1 day my plants will be drooping down by 3 pm.

Here is what I have used for one grow only, it helped me a lot on my watering.
With these I had been gone for 4 days and come back to “ok and alive” plants.

https://myrootmaker.com/collections/patio-roottrapper®-containers
2985523A-30B0-4684-B953-1A522C5A0E0D.jpeg
63D8824A-9D24-435D-B79B-6BEE234D12B8.jpeg
11CE7E48-8A9C-4AAC-9391-49ED69C816D7.jpeg

So an update on the outdoor auto girls.
The OG Kush started to get bud rot. So I cut off each effected cola…..
Lost around what would have been 4 oz of finished product. I let her finish and I still finished with 8 oz off her. It’s Jared and curing now.
My AK auto is looking healthy and her sugar leaves are starting to yellow as she finishes.
I like the outdoor growing except for the rot problem after the foxtailing.
I’ll use better genetics next year and be more aware of the north side of the plants.
All the rot was only on the back side or north side of the plant that I can’t see every well and it only got into the nicest colas.
All in all a great learning experience outdoor.
Here in the Pacific Northwest I believe these autos will be the way to go in the future.
I was able to start the first girls (OG and NL)
CF90BE04-B26D-4623-9D93-C951F5E223C4.jpeg
the second week of May and the AK was started in June.

Bud Rot an be a real pain. Hope you have better luck next time. Least ya still got some good weed.

So an update on the outdoor auto girls.
The OG Kush started to get bud rot. So I cut off each effected cola…..
Lost around what would have been 4 oz of finished product. I let her finish and I still finished with 8 oz off her. It’s Jared and curing now.
My AK auto is looking healthy and her sugar leaves are starting to yellow as she finishes.
I like the outdoor growing except for the rot problem after the foxtailing.
I’ll use better genetics next year and be more aware of the north side of the plants.
All the rot was only on the back side or north side of the plant that I can’t see every well and it only got into the nicest colas.
All in all a great learning experience outdoor.
Here in the Pacific Northwest I believe these autos will be the way to go in the future.
I was able to start the first girls (OG and NL) View attachment 278348the second week of May and the AK was started in June.
Looks nice and full

Apologies if you think I'm wide of the mark here but I have a serious question which probably shows my ignorance.

When people are talking about "good genetics", how do you know if the seeds you're using HAVE ggood genetics.? Being a loner and living isolated I very occasionally get bag seed from a friend which has not been impressive both in germinating and producing anything that's much good. (I accept that I'm just fumbling along but if grown on and off for many years in this fairly casual way.
A lot of that has to do with never having much available cash for anything other than meeting family needs (I'm not complaining about that - just mentioning it as a relevant fact) so when I've squirelled away enough cash I look for the cheapest seed suppliers and buy from them.
Ive always tended to discount the claims various sellers make about superior genetics as just being hype.
You have made me reconsider this aspect and although I have reasonable success with what I grow I'm wondering if the beans really can be selected for superior plants?

I'm enjoying reading this thread cos I grow mainly autos, outdoors, on my fairly large balcony. Can't afford lights, tents, or pretty much anything else.
So any advice not related to expenditure would be most welcome. I have been a technical person all my life & have always approached everything from an engineering perspective so esoteric stuff doesn't help me.
Not trying to make excuses or daft reasons here - just trying to understand.

This being my second Auto grow and my first outdoor I am probably not the best one to provide an answer.

From my reading and experience I see a lot of difference between bean producers.
One says you will get 30 grams per plant of AKA and mine is going to give me around 150.
I have a purple punch auto that has one cola about the size of a quarter and it’s 10” tall. I assume it is bad genetics.
Everything was exactly the same as my other plants.

I read a lot of bean producer reviews looking for the best photos, descriptions, most reviews and if they are please with the results.

As for bag seed from autos I have read that there can be problems with them.
I did plant 2 GDP autos that were bag seed but neither matured before someone’s cat buried them.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

So again there are others much more qualified to answer your questions.

Fast buds and North Atlantic seed company is where my last seeds were from.
After my purchase I had read NASC was not stable for some growers.
But they worked out for me.
I think I’ll stick with Fast Buds for next year but who knows.

Best of luck

Youngin…!
GSC auto- Garden of Green 22% Thc, lovely Hash-Oil-Tasty smoke… a keeper
(Just back crossed with OG Kush auto pollen)…13

GSC day 26, pollinated

Last 2 pics GSC also day 41, pollinated largest Phenos, see what happens???
6DB32CDB-3C1F-48FB-8F37-63CEDE205AD8.jpeg
2E9F838F-17EA-43B2-A8EA-96EF3C1DFD57.jpeg
546C0B4B-4EA7-4F93-8013-CE40F58E3331.jpeg
B2FC7B8E-8C6C-4344-841A-AB2EE6B90282.jpeg
30CDEE3A-6388-4117-8562-152B6B6CC15D.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back