Ph change wow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
I've been useing water from my nieghbors well as it is a spring fed well, vs my horrible city water. when I started this water in july it had tested at 6.6ph about right, in the last 2-3 wks I noticed major changes in growth rate, discoloring, and could not find the reason for it as nothing has changed, then going back to basic's I started covering everything under the sun and today got around to testing my water and WOW, it comes back at 5.4, ouch ouch ouch, should have started with the water, but had tested it so often during the summer and it was so consistant I had kept putting it off, thinking it could not be my prob.
Anyone else use a well or spring that might have encountered this, is it normal or is something getting into the spring. The well tank is only six yrs old and the water going in tested the same.
Do we need to go looking into the mountains out back?
Any input on this would be a great help.
Thx.

I use the PH meter every time I water.
I use rain water and yes even it has crept up to 9.5-was usually 8 something.
Also when you add nutes it will stabilize the ph some.
When I do clear water, I can easily overdo it with the ph-down.
When I'm adding nutes-its just a drop at a time.
Gb

Thanks Geezer, I will never again take my ph for granted no matter how long it stays consistant. I too am very nute-shy, keeping them only to about 1/2 of what is recememended. FF Tiger and Big Bloom during this period.And again thanks for the input.

If the pH is changing that drastically, I would also check the ppms--something is making the pH change...

I beleave that being a spring that starts high up in the mountain range behind my house, I mean the source as near as I can track it is about 4 1/2 miles up, the natural folaige is taking alot of it this time of year. Just seems a logical explenation. But I'm not an expert on springs and the workings there of. I know it tastes better then anything ever bottled beyond a doubt.
Thanks for the input, back to more testing, take care.

Latest posts

Back