Photography anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T4

hedgehog.jpg

pidgeon.jpg

how long since mt ranier erupted?

nice 'flowers' rosebud.

plan-b, i used to have a stone hedgehog boot scraper on the back porch. after years of scraping off horse/hog poo off my running gear, his bristles wore off. never seen a real hedgehog. kinda looks like a baby nutra-rat from louisianna. lol. cool pics...:)

I was working the garden and kept hearing a buzz, thought nothing of it, kept seeing wasps and bee's constantly so simply presumed they caused the sound.

I got round to trimming some foliage on a bush I have and found this.

Out came the camera ;)

I nearly crapped myself when this elephant size aeroplange humming thing shot out right at my camera challenging me to a fight!

To my shame I ran away like a little girl :rofl:

Looking through a camera screen and seeing this head fly at me made it look massive, I clicked the shutter and left the scene with smoke coming from my footwear.

:peace:

Good to see you around too Art :aok:

B1.JPG

B2.JPG

B3.JPG

B4.JPG

B5.JPG

i get those paper nests around my place every year hippy. some get really large. most of them hang from trees, but i have found smaller nests right on the ground in the tall field grass...100 degrees here today.:eek: ...

Mountain209man said:
hey skag im headed out to campin at Clakes Fork tomarrow im sure i could refresh your memory on some rock fence:) Chinese Camp sticks out in my mind.
Ya MM, it sticks out, I've lived in Murphys, Sonora, Tuolumne City, West point, I was exiled to wilseyville, every summer for 10 years when i was a kid,place called Schaad's,anyway my bro now lives in oroville, and I keep a big poontoon party barge down there, 30 footer, his calling is foster children, he's raised about 30 of them!!! he's got 3 grandkids living on the property also and I doubt i'll ever bring that boat back north, the pictures i get of them kids, I figure that old 50 horse johnson motor must be getting a hundred Smiles per hour!! Really great pics, I've got so many memories of the sierra's, especially yosemite, had alot of highschool reunions at tamarac flats, ya yosemite, we usually entered through Groveland, highway 120 I think, I spent a summer growing smoke near Groveland, way down in the toulomne river canyon at the mouth of the Clavey river, best trout fishing, you really stired up alot of memories lol, the other day I talked to a old friend I lived with out on sheep ranch road, out of Murphy's, he reminded me of a time I broke up a pound of hash and use the scales in the back room of the Sheep ranch post office, circa 1970, fun talkin, talk to ya later.

Irish said:
how long since mt ranier erupted?
.:)

Heres a little info for you Irish

4. Is Mount Rainier an active "hXXp://www.nps.gov/mora/naturescience/volcanoes.htm"]volcano[/URL]?
Geologists consider this mountain to be an 'episodically active' volcano, meaning one that will erupt again some time in the future even though it may be quiet now. Mount Rainier is the tallest volcano and fifth highest peak in the contiguous United States.

6. When did the hXXp://www.nps.gov/mora/naturescience/volcanoes.htm"]volcano last erupt[/URL]?
The last estimated eruption was between 1820 and 1894. Observers reported at least 14 eruptions. Some of these may have been just large dust clouds caused by rockfall which were mistakenly called eruptions.

4. Does the snow at Paradise ever melt?
Although Paradise is the snowiest place on Earth where snowfall is measured regularly, it does enjoy a brief but glorious snow-free season. In most years, the area is snow-free from about mid-July through late September. October snowfall usually melts in between storms. The ground is usually completely snow covered for the winter by Thanksgiving.

1. When was the park established?
Congress established Mount Rainier National Park on March 2, 1899, reaffirming the nation's intent to set aside certain areas of outstanding scenic and scientific value for the enjoyment of present and future generations. It is America's fifth oldest national park, after Yellowstone (established in 1872), and Yosemite, General Grant (now part of Kings Canyon), and Sequoia (all established in 1890).
2. How big is the park?
Mount Rainier National Park encompasses 235,625 acres or 368 square miles. Of that amount, 228,480 acres (97% of the park) has been designated by Congress as Wilderness. The park's National Historic Landmark District includes 2.7% of the park. The park has over 260 miles of maintained trails and 147 miles of roads.
3. What is the hXXp://www.nps.gov/mora/parkmgmt/upload/vis-stats-1967-2010-2.pdf"]annual visitation[/URL] to Mount Rainier?
Generally, 1.5 - 2 million people visit Mount Rainier each year, In 2010, the park had 1,731,913 visitors.

cool. been 150-175 years then at least. did we get incorporated? lol. we was on pg 13 yesterday! :rolleyes: :cool: ...

skag, would be funny to find out mm was the postmaster there in 70. lol. thats good stuff, weighing up hashish on a fed scale. :D ...

dont look like a place you'd want to stumble around drunk mm.:eek: might get sucked between two stones and flushed off a mountain.;) yikes!

cool pics...:)

haha thanks irish i like to get buzzed an urinate in the water before it gets to LA:yay: an we got the bloodhound"cletus" shipped from somewheres in alabama he is a year and a half

This pass seperates Whidbey and fidalgo islands, great ling cod fishing, alot of salmon squeeze through here headed for local rivers, today I was catching bait, tommorow I go to Possession Bar, chaseing chinook salmon, I'll take a camera.

P1080770.JPG

P1080771.JPG

P1080775.JPG

P1080759.JPG

P1080755.JPG

This volcano is a little more active than Rainer, it's steams and belches out it femorals. the last eruption scare was 1975. Great telephoto on this camera.

P1080764.JPG

P1080766.JPG

P1080762.JPG

looks like you didnt sacrifice much by moving up north skag. looks like i could get lost out there and enjoy every second of it:) nothing better than relaxing under the shade of pine an listening to the sounds of the rushing water as the breeze rolls through on a warm summer day! nice shots and happy fishin

lol mountainman. :D

y'all have some great scenery. i caught this butterfly fluttering around out back yesterday while i burned a j on the porch. peace...

104_2176.jpg

104_2181.jpg

This picture is taken from a lookout point, called "Stoners Point."
Stoners Point (Custom).JPG

And this is a picture of the Arkansas River valley, taken from Strawberry Bluffs.Strawberry Bluff Overlook(Custom).JPG

Have a great day

HomieHogleg

on the fence...Dog Day Cicada...

ive never caught one coming out the closet like this. lol. i always see the exoskeleton thats left behind. this species got its name from its arrival from out of the ground, in the hottest of summer, usually july/august here.

this is at the end of its life cycle. it has about six weeks of breeding til this adult dies. the males sing loudly to attract the females, breed, then the females lay thier eggs in trees small shoots up high. in about six weeks the eggs fall to the ground, and begin to grow and burrow in.

they live from 2-5 years under ground while they grow and form into what you see here coming out to breed and continue the cycle.

they don't typically mess with mj. they eat roots when thier growing underground, and when they emerge as here, they are ready for action with the ladies.:rolleyes: :) ...

i've never thought of thier skeletal remains as an organic food source until tonight. i may look into this, as they are plentiful now. ahh, i can hear thier music as i type...:cool:

104_2227.jpg

104_2229.jpg

104_2230.jpg

Latest posts

Back