Planting Guerrila Q

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darksideofoz

Reaction score
hey all, trying to do a more relaxed ggrow this year...wanting to get some ideas on how effective this planting method is (quality and yield wise.)

going to be starting some timewarp, sweet tooth, ak47, purps, and grapegod. will be started in 16 oz cups under a 1000w mh for a week or less before being placed outside to harden off.

-thinking maximum time allowed in a 16 oz cup will be 2-3 weeks before root bound...3 weeks may seem like pushing it but the growth is slow during late april/beginning of may.

Next will be the planting, this part has to do with my question. with these root bound cups, they will be planted in an old cow pasture. swim plans on digging a small 6" x 6" hole and loosening up the native soil a bit. there will be no soil added, just organic nutrients. this is what will be added to the bottom of the hole before the cup is transplanted on-top:

-mycohorrizae rooter
-water crystals
-bone meal 3-15-0 (some sort of veg growth enhancer...currently undecided)

anyone have experience with something similar? things usually go well when they are kept simple, how effective do yall think this would be? anything else I could add? there also would be the 'occassional' watering/feeding too.

depends very much on the type of soil and how well it drains. Dig at least a hole big enough for a 2gal pot. amend with forest compost, being that it is an old cow pasture there is more than likely an abundance of Nitrogen. Also DO NOT forget the Potassium or micros. I use this stuff called Pyroclay. It is a clay, dry and powdered, htat contains every micro on earth, as well as being made mostly of usable silica. Oh and prep the soil at least a month before your plant if possible. That wil lmake a HUGE difference. All the nutes and myco as well as bacteria in the soil will all get a jump start enriching the soil and making it more nutritious. Good luck.

this going to sound wierd but out doors i like to use fish and or worms afte you put your plant in the hole put few flat tail or red worms worms in it before you bury the roots they airate and fertilize and the fish thing drop a dead fish or a few small gold fish in the bottom of the hole funny thing i learned this historyu when i was a kid the native americans would put a fish under each stalk of corn any way thats what i used to do in louisiana now i grow in alil closet sounds stupid i know but i do stand by it it may work differtent were you live but i don't see why

lizard said:
this going to sound wierd but out doors i like to use fish and or worms afte you put your plant in the hole put few flat tail or red worms worms in it before you bury the roots they airate and fertilize and the fish thing drop a dead fish or a few small gold fish in the bottom of the hole funny thing i learned this historyu when i was a kid the native americans would put a fish under each stalk of corn any way thats what i used to do in louisiana now i grow in alil closet sounds stupid i know but i do stand by it it may work differtent were you live but i don't see why

I remember that too actually...
ha! maybe i'll have to go to a pond i know that has alot of big old carp in it, one of those could take care of a lot of plants!

I would give that hole at least 2 months in the summer with a fish int the bottom. Just use organic ferts or synthetic time release. Really shouldn't matter. Just do it ahead of time.

Latest posts

Back