Potheads first grow EVER

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pothead4life

Weed Over Seed
Reaction score
I just started my first grow, i used a closet 3ft by 4ft horizontally 6ft . My friend gave me a female plant to start, about 15in high.

Im using 8 x t5 (4x3000k) (4x6500k) 3ft away from the plant.....here are some pictures oof my progress.

IMGP0102.JPG
IMGP0101.JPG
IMGP0114.JPG
IMGP0120.JPG
IMGP0118.JPG

IMGP0110.JPG
IMGP0112.JPG
IMGP0105.JPG
IMGP0109.JPG
IMGP0108.JPG

Can anyone help please, i got this plant today and it looks like is missing somthing i donno is it lights, nuts or what. can anyone tell me whats wrong with this plant

IMGP01051.JPG

IMGP01061.JPG

IMGP01081.JPG

Looks like she's stretching on ya. What are the temps in your grow area? Have you given them any nutes?

I got my girl like that from a friend he used a 100 watt lamp so i gess it streched for it. The temp is some where around 85-90. Just till i get a fan today we have to leave the door lil bit open so it stays around 80

I gave her FloraNova bloom 300 ppm should i bump it up?

t in order for ANYONE to give you an acurate diagosis, a few more details are needed. PH.. soil, water and runoff, would be excellent. The browned tips/edges "look" like ph issues as first impression.
Your temps are a bit high....and " Fresh" air circulation is "paramount" regardless of the temperatures. You "need" fresh air in, and stale air out.
Your lights are too far from your plant, IMO. Flourescents should be/need to be within inches, in order to benefit the plants to their potential.
I don't have any experience with floranova products, so I can't rely on past experiences with it. If you could provide N-P-K and recommended dosages it would help.

My Ph tester got in but is not a digital one. The ph reads around 6.5 is that right? on water distilled from walmart? I bought like 20 gallons

my temp is kinda high in the closet but i cant drill any holes in there, how can i get some kinda air circulation without doing any damege to the closet? can i use a air pump and just set it out side my window and run a air tube to the closet?

I cant lower the light, it would burn my girl with that high temp

Can anyone help here please

do you think my 400 hps would be cooler then my t5's? the t5's are 432 watt and less lumens

6.5 is good for soil. Have you got that stuff on the leaves? That would be the answer if so.

The HPS will be wayyy hotter than the T5 btw.

Oh, and if this is your first grow, read wet/dry cycle in my sig. It will help you alot. Plants watered too often will be stunted, or might even die.

pothead4life said:
My Ph tester got in but is not a digital one. The ph reads around 6.5 is that right? on water distilled from walmart? I bought like 20 gallons

my temp is kinda high in the closet but i cant drill any holes in there, how can i get some kinda air circulation without doing any damege to the closet? can i use a air pump and just set it out side my window and run a air tube to the closet?

I cant lower the light, it would burn my girl with that high temp

Can anyone help here please

6.5 is good for soil grows.
You 'have' to get the temps down, and you 'have' to have fresh air circulation, and you 'have' to provide them with sufficient light in the proper spectrum. Your flourescents are okay, spectrum wise, but loose their intensity "fast" as the distance increases.
At 3 feet, your plants can't be recieving enough light from flouro's...IMO
I doubt that my 1k hps rides over 3 feet from the canopy.

Thanks

Please let me know if i am doing something wrong or if there is something to better my grow

pothead4life said:
do you think my 400 hps would be cooler then my t5's? the t5's are 432 watt and less lumens

I use a 4ft 6tube T5 setup(almost 30,000 lumens of 6500K) 1-4 inches from tops and 8 23 Watt CFL(almost 13,000 lumens @ 6500K) that are on the sides for Vegging and I change tubes and bulbs to 3000K for Flower. My plants love it. Temps are easy to maintain. And thats saying alot living in Florida.:D

Here is a quick update in my Flower Room

My temps stay around 80-85F i have my ebb&flow set twice a day every 12 hours. The PH is 5.8 and the PPM is 650.

I found a male in my flower room and i hope i took it out on time is only been flowering for a week. Do you think i took it out in time?

Problems: the lower leaves are yellow and some dried out and died. I picked the dried/dead leaves off before i took pics.

Let me know what you think is my problem

IMGP0332.JPG IMGP0333.JPG

IMGP0334.JPG IMGP0335.JPG

IMGP0336.JPG IMGP0337.JPG

IMGP0339.JPG IMGP0340.JPG

IMGP0341.JPG IMGP0342.JPG

IMGP0343.JPG IMGP0344.JPG

I say ya need to get your Temps down to 78 or lower. Make sure plenty air moving around. Boy,, that one looks root bound.

Latest posts

Back