RE...do...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenjerry

Green Jerry
Reaction score
OK...I am starting my second growth, I guess it's all about learning, RIGHT? So my first Grow which started at the end of September, but my plants all died from something I did wrong (I am thinking to much water...so I started three new plants and this time I will be posting a lot on here so I can get help from my other farmers out there...

I stated three new plants on the 10th of November, 2008. Today being day 18 things are going well...I transplanted them to bigger pots today and change the light from 12/12 (stated because on this time cycle because if other plants in the flowering stage), to be putting them under 24/0 for the next two weeks before I start to flower...

Let me give you a little info...
my grow rooms is about 6 sq. foot...I have about about 2500 to 3000 lumens pre-sq. foot...I am using bag soil Expert Gardener, Perfect Mix potting soil...feeds 9 months...

I have a few questions:
1. Is the soil I am using ok...
2. Will I need to add more nutt...
3. how do I upload pic (make them smaller)...
4. what kind of nutt do I need
5. how often should I water...

i am useing that blend of soil for my plants as well. be warned it drains very easy. i was watering evey other day, with a fan blowing down on the plants.
so you just useing bag seed? or are u useing some breeder seeds? if so what strain? its not a good idea to be changing lighting cycles, really not good going from 12/12 to 24/0. IMO i started at 24/0 an then in week 4 of veggie stage droped them to 18/6 to enduss pre-flowering. after a week in that stage, they where put in to flower at 12/12. JMO thow. good luck hope your plants do good for u this time around.

I am using bag seed, till I an grow a plant till harvest and then I will spend a little more and get some good seeds...
I have no clue the strain...

Good luck Jerry, learning from experience can suck some times. I messed up my first grow but at least it wasn't a total failure. I will get something out of it. Anyways you got any pics?

experience is the best teacher in my opinion.everyone has different techniques they apply to their grows.to me its trial end error and i like to make the errors early and get past that.i can not stress enough about keeping a journal of your grows.for each individual strain.that way years later when you come back to growing that particular strain you have your notes to go back too.it really helps me.good luck

i'd be worried about usin a soil that says it feeds for 9 months. thats alot of time released nutes in the soil thats released everytime you water. becareful not to over water as it could burn them up with nutes. jmo

what type of lights do you have for this grow? if you usin cfls i would try to get the lumens as high as you can. imho 3ooo lumens per sqft isn't enough with cfls but it its ok if its a hps or mh. again jmo good luck

Latest posts

Back