RE: Dutch Passion White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mgfcom

I purchased 10 DP WW seeds in August, sprouted in early September 2008.

Since then I have been growing them in vegetative stage 18-24 hours per day, mixed Metal Halide, Flourescent, and natural window-sill light.

On 7/8 February 2009 I started the 12/12 flowering stage, Metal Halide only at night.

I didn't top these plants for 1 month, but since October I have topped, trimmed, and basically been living off of these plants chopping the "fan" leaves (i.e. anything not an end growing out, and never the top leaves of any growing branch - only lower leaves that don't seem to be a growing "end"), drying, and smoking them each night, getting at least a couple of bowls / hits per day - it is incredible how much the MJ plant wants to survive and will adapt to whatever trimming and topping is done to it. For those who say that smoking leaves is worthless, let me tell you that WW leaves grow white crystals (trichs?) even in vegetative stage, and the leaves definitely get you high - how much better must be mature buds! ...but I have been living on "fresh" MJ leaves for more than 6 months because I don't have the patience to not smoke for 2-4 months!

So they took 3 weeks to show signs of sex. Two males showed up so I kept the one I want to breed with, and removed (and smoked) the other one. Then another male showed up, so I killed (and smoked) him, too. Then a couple of the smaller plants dried up because (I guess) I chopped them too much, too close, and two were actually attacked by some sort of tiny, snail-like, shell-like creature attacked the stem (strange: indoor grow), and I didn't see them for weeks because they were camoflauged so they looked like natural parts of the lower stem - the plants ended up looking so sick and drying up in place, and a bit yellow/pale so I killed, dried, and smoked them too.

One week ago I cut a branch of the selected male and made a clone. The next day I did the same with the female. Then the next day I did another cut from the male (now 2 clones of this power male), and 5 more of the female, so total now 2 male clones and 6 female clones under 24 hour white flourescent. It's now almost a week and they seem fine, green, healthy, ok for now.

I have 4 of the original 10 remaining, of which 2 have yet to show their sex (probably because I trimmed them too much, not enough green leaves for the plant to be ready to start flowering - but the white "frost" that is developing on one of these plants is incredible!).

I will update you guys more later on, but from my experience with DP WW, it is a great high, even the so-called weak leaves. I hope to be able to give report of the mature buds, as well as produce some seeds from my female and male, and I hope these clones survive and thrive so that I can do the same thing with the same genetics in a few months.

Here is pictures of my grow closet. The male and female are in the same pot in the center of the picture (yes, I experimented with 4 seeds to this pot, and results were BETTER than the other 6 each in individual pots!), and are each approx. 2.5 feet high. The four individual plants are each about 12 -15 inches high only.

02-03-09_1800.jpg

:huh:
I'm kinda.. speachless? on this one...

congrats? :confused2:

never grown WW myself.. but trichs.. on fan leafs.. from a male.. in veg? huh

good luck, hopefully the females will give you some nice buds (or you continue to enjoy smoking male fan leafs?)

Hmmm? Well I suppose I'm pleased for you,getting off on a few leaves and I assure you the buds will be totally different,tens of times stronger and a proper high but you arent going to get any bud as you seem to be raping the plant before it's had a chance to flower and such mistreatment might make the plant turn hermaphrodite.

Good luck with them,you may need it.:)

Yes, I chopped usually all the 10 plants daily a few leaves from each plant as I grow the plants. All leaves on mature plants 2,3,4,5,6 months old grow nice little trichs.

They say DP WW is 18+% THC. So I reckon maybe the leaves may have 1-2% or maybe 3-4%, or only 1/2% - who knows?

You can see the various topping points on the main stem in attached pictures uploaded, then on various branches each splitting into two. The male on the right has unusual genes of 3 leaves on each level/node so that instead of 2 each level, 3 each level, each top produces three new branches instead of the usual two - so 1/3 extra the yield! I like those genes.

...but they were all good for months while they lasted as a group, and now I must stop trimming the remaining plants and allow them to flower. It will be a tough few months. I like WW. So good.

This is the first time I am attempting cloning, and I have nice genes and this is an advantage to cloning: you know exactly what you have. I hope to attempt breeding this WW to produce seeds and I hope (and even look forward to) increasing forms of legalization of marijuana and its production.

TOTALLY OFF-SUBJECT: anyone hear of that 12-fingered, 12-toed new baby a few months ago?...he could be an incredible pianist or guitarist or other such musician! Wow!

kaotik said:
:huh:
I'm kinda.. speachless? on this one...

congrats? :confused2:

never grown WW myself.. but trichs.. on fan leafs.. from a male.. in veg? huh

good luck, hopefully the females will give you some nice buds (or you continue to enjoy smoking male fan leafs?)

I'm am indeed speechless to say the least!:stoned: I've never ever have seen growing methods like yours, sounds like you've got your own little technique :aok: going there! I personally don't like to smoke males or fan leaves but if you enjoy it smoke away!:giggle:

Phatpharmer:hubba:

1.) The plants are by no means being raped; they are serving their purpose to provide me with good smoke, wacky-tabacky on a truly medical "as-needed" basis straight from the plant(s) itself. I hope to be able to multiply and cross-breed these WW lovelies! Truly medical marijuana is blessing from Above.

2.) I think the whole fear-of-hermaphrodite-stress-prevention is overrated. These WW are hardy plants, strangely do well with not much nutrients (i.e. just soil ok - if I add nutrients, they do well, and if I don't for weeks they also do well...), their leaves are sticky with very very tiny trichs all over the mature (2 month+ leaves). The strength in the leaves alone is enough to allow 10 plants to be a nice little garden to chop and smoke from on daily basis for months (or maybe years!). And I think the sex is pretty much pre-determined in the genes and under most normal and even some extreme conditions WW does well and survives being chopped daily and shows her sex as one or the other. The female and male are each showing more of the same, but not that of the other.

Rockster said:
Hmmm? Well I suppose I'm pleased for you,getting off on a few leaves and I assure you the buds will be totally different,tens of times stronger and a proper high but you arent going to get any bud as you seem to be raping the plant before it's had a chance to flower and such mistreatment might make the plant turn hermaphrodite.

Good luck with them,you may need it.:)

If Marijuana were legalized, I would grow easily 100 plants, and I would be able to smoke/live off of 10 plants while I grew to untouched harvest the other 90. Then I could live off the harvest and then not need to cut-to-smoke, but cut-to-trim-to-shape-only.

..but yes, smoking all leaves, both male and female while they are still in their vegetative stage from 2nd through 6th month definitely does the job/trick and makes you feel good after a hard day's work. Once you know they are male, then if you don't want that male you yank him, dry him, and smoke him anyway. It's great way to recycle, and make room for whatever female/male combination you like.

Remember, we are talking about WW leaves that are abnormally high in THC, and even the tiniest trichs barely visible to naked eye without magnifier produce a great, mellow, totally non-disruptive high. I can see why it was chosen as a great strain for medical marijuana. Even the tiniest (seemingly trich-free) leaves are sticky-sticky! And rubbing your fingers on the stems or branches makes them sticky and fragrant with the WW fragrance. I love growing marijuana also to freshen up the bedroom (I give them CO2, and they give me Oxygen).

Anybody else have WW experience/opinions/descriptions? They are welcome here at this thread.

phatpharmer said:
I'm am indeed speechless to say the least!:stoned: I've never ever have seen growing methods like yours, sounds like you've got your own little technique :aok: going there! I personally don't like to smoke males or fan leaves but if you enjoy it smoke away!:giggle:

Phatpharmer:hubba:

If you insist on cutting all the plants leaves off instead of flowering it, why don't you make some hash with it? Its not hard watch... hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWfMi5nnj_k (change xx to tt)
But just so you know the plants you want real buds from don't cut any of the leaves off of it. The plant needs everyone of those leaves to make the buds.

wait, what? hold on... i have to go read that again :joint4:

*scary music starts* (I can just picture the first marijuana horror movie) lol
Two males showed up so I kept the one I want to breed with, and removed (and smoked) the other one. Then another male showed up, so I killed (and smoked) him, too. Then a couple of the smaller plants dried up because (I guess) I chopped them too much, too close, and two were actually attacked by some sort of tiny, snail-like, shell-like creature attacked the stem (strange: indoor grow), and I didn't see them for weeks because they were camoflauged so they looked like natural parts of the lower stem - the plants ended up looking so sick and drying up in place, and a bit yellow/pale so I killed, dried, and smoked them too.

but to each their own i suppose

Actually, though I don't agree they need every leaf on them, I do think that too many leaves cut hurts the budding process. In my situation, I also had to consider that light coming from the side of the closet (see pictures) would be impeded by a non-cut plant full of leaves to reach the other side of the plant and/or plants behind it. I cut / trimmed also so that as much light as possible gets to all "growing ends" of the plant (which are everywhere, literally dozens and even possibly hundreds of "budding-points/ends"). We will see how good the buds develop in a couple of months if I am able to bring them all to harvest with no disruptions.

homegrown998 said:
If you insist on cutting all the plants leaves off instead of flowering it, why don't you make some hash with it? Its not hard watch... hxxp://removed link because MP doesn't allow links until I reach 15 posts - even though I am just quoting(change xx to tt)
But just so you know the plants you want real buds from don't cut any of the leaves off of it. The plant needs everyone of those leaves to make the buds.

GrowinGreen said:
wait, what? hold on... i have to go read that again :joint4:

*scary music starts* (I can just picture the first marijuana horror movie) lol

but to each their own i suppose

That was good lol.. I could see jason in the background swingin his blade at those leaves.

To answer your question: I prefer fresh marijuana, and not hash. Hash is heavy-feeling. Marijuana is high, soaring, more "cleaner" feeling, at least for me.

+ the leaves are not yet mature enough (i.e. full of trichs and other characteristic WW white "frost") to make hash. ...and I don't have huge amounts of leaves leftover from a recent harvest. Each plant only has enough leaves to continue growing - i.e. nothing excess. I only chop a few leaves each night to take the day's edge off and relax (and also for neck or stomach pain when necessary). Truly Marijuana is gift from God and elixir and at-the-very-least a good remedy to alleviate painful symptoms.

homegrown998 said:
If you insist on cutting all the plants leaves off instead of flowering it, why don't you make some hash with it? Its not hard watch... hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWfMi5nnj_k (change xx to tt)

mgfcom said:
Here is pictures of my grow closet. The male and female are in the same pot in the center of the picture (yes, I experimented with 4 seeds to this pot, and results were BETTER than the other 6 each in individual pots!), and are each approx. 2.5 feet high. The four individual plants are each about 12 -15 inches high only.

Im sorry but im not sure what im looking at, these just look like sticks are they already harvested in these pics? all I see are stems.

If you want to see some DPWW buds and what plants should look like check out my grow journals.

Growdude said:
Im sorry but im not sure what im looking at, these just look like sticks are they already harvested in these pics? all I see are stems.

If you want to see some DPWW buds and what plants should look like check out my grow journals.
:rofl::laugh::rofl:This has to be an all time funny thread. mgfcom, seriously, do some reading up around the boards on how to grow it right/normal/regular and I promise you'll be a lot more happy with your end product.

You are a plant rapist mate!!!!

Give those poor girls a chance to finish without your abuse!:p

And no,it's NOT good to remove fan leaves and you've removed more than that so please grow a full unmolested plant and harvest when mature and not at 42 days and then cure it and then you'll have grown some proper white widow.

This is my first post while high...... The OP is giving the weed i smoked more cred. I guess with no fan leaves no one knows your growing weed unless u tell em lol. No seriously is this a long thought out joke?

DutchMasterPuff said:
This is my first post while high...... The OP is giving the weed i smoked more cred. I guess with no fan leaves no one knows your growing weed unless u tell em lol. No seriously is this a long thought out joke?

I don't know but it gives me a good chuckle every time I could back to look at those picture hahaha

I just picture some starving person eating their mj plant lol

yes, only if you look closer do you suspect marijuana, else the small leaves make the plant look more inconspicuous - not that it matters: anyone who opens my closet door would see plants and guess correctly it was marijuana.

To each his / her own methods for growing and smoking. When/if I bring the now two females to harvest I will show you and then you guys can be less critical when you see the buds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back