Second Grow, A few changes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a little better picture of the newest addition, and a couple more of her older sisters :D .

100_1923.JPG

100_1924.JPG

100_1926.JPG

100_1927.JPG

100_1928.JPG

Dunno if this is normal, but The plants are already getting kinda skunky! Just an Example, the Veg room smells more like a skunk than the Flower Room! The flower room is a bit more open and has better Ventellation, but ALREADY?! This could mean trouble for me if they stink already!, They are gonna be POTENT come Flowering time!, I'll have to watch them and make sure it doesn't get carried away. Hope it's just because the Veg. room is more enclosed.

Haha, I know what you mean. I've had my room smell so bad during vegging that I had to move them out of the house! Try rubbing your fingers up and down the stalk and then smell your fingers, I'll bet they will smell wonderful :). Awsome set-up btw.

I'm a day late updating. but here are some pictures just the same...Hope you like em!

The empty container in the front of the pics is the last "no show" Pakistan Valley seed, I still haven't given up hope....

If possible could i get more info on the lights your using. feel free to PM me if you can't give it out in the forum.

Well I'm a few weeks since my last post, and I have a problem I need help with. This is only my second grow so I'm still a nub. I since my last post, chopped 6 males , moved the slacker PV into flower and I have 8 Beautiful girls that are doing well, (I'll post pics in a couple hours). My problem is this, I have 1 Blue Haze Female with "ball sacks" not a terrible bunch, not enough to call it a full blown Hermie yet (I think), But My problem is this, at what point do I consider it a Hermie, how many sacks will it take to ruin my entire crop?, I Pulled 6 sacks from it's branches today, It's OBVIOUSLY more female than male, as the Femal bud sites outnumber the male sacks by some crazy number like 40 to 1, But I'm worried that I may contaminate the rest of the crop. I'd rather not chop it, but have no problem with it if it's going to ruin the rest of the crop. I hear that its normal to have a few, when would you guys chop it, if you would? Any help is appreciated GREATELY!
Like I said I'll post pics. In a couple hours.

Could potentially seed your entire crop with that single hermi so pull it unless you want seeds get rid soon as.

Few more pictures. Btw these are 3-4 weeks into Flowering, 2 Diff strains with 2 diff finishing times, thats why I staggered them.

100_2237.JPG

100_2240.JPG

100_2241.JPG

100_2244.JPG

100_2246.JPG

100_2248.JPG

100_2255.JPG

100_2252.JPG

I'll wait till the lights are off in the room next time I snap pics., the HPS's add a yellow tint to the leaves that isn't really there. Trust me they are all very green, and haven't started yellowing yet, even at the lower branches.

So I decided to wait on the possible herm, between the fact that I'm new and may be wrong about them even being balls, and the fact that I'm in the room EVERY DAY! I should be able to catch anything before it gets carried away. All that besides, I can recall hearing that it's not all that rare for females to have a couple male organs, I'll just watch them closely.
Anyways here's a few more pictures.
The changes in soil, light, ventellation, and genetics, are all major improvements, this crop is doing SOOO much better than my last at this age.
Thanks for looking in!

100_2260.JPG

100_2268.JPG

100_2271.JPG

100_2274.JPG

100_2279.JPG

100_2280.JPG

100_2284.JPG

100_2294.JPG

100_2295.JPG

100_2300.JPG

KCFan58 said:
So I decided to wait on the possible herm,

brave choice. i spotted a hermie about a week ago, paniced and pulled it right away. no seeds in the hermie, so i guess the rest of the plants made it aswell. it might even have been a good idea to let it finish with the rest. but i'm never gonna leave a hermie, too chicken.

everything is looking splendid. keep up the good work!

/k

Man i hope this isnt gona be another of THE BIG H threads.
Man if your not sure on the gender post up a nice close up for us to look at and then we can tell ya ;) .
If you've got a hermi at this stage theres plenty of time for it to seed the lot.
To keep on top of it you'd have to check every part of the plant and pull off the balls but you bound to miss some or maybe even end up disturbing some loaded with pollen and then its usually too late :( .

If they herm right at the end then its not too bad cos they wont have chance to produce seeds and you'll still have some nice smoke, if you get it wrong now then it can effect all your smokes.

Throw up some pics or throw it out

Nice pics. Just keep a good watch on the bugs, if you got those one type in others could follow the trail. Don't add fert. until 3 weeks or you see a slow down in groth or yellowing of leaves and start 1/2 strenght. Keep up the good work!!!

Hey K.C When in dought pull her/him out. Don't let anything contaminate your crop!

Latest posts

Back