Second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice pics man,
your buds are alittle further alone then my 2smaller plants,
and im hoping the same!
if you take a very small piece off the plant and put it on a white piece of paper,
it should make it alot easyer to see with that microscope,
does it have a light?

lookin real good bro;) . they look nice and healthy cant wait for those late harvest pics she looks like shes gunna put on some good weight in all the rite places:hubba:

hey don- i have a similar scope as you. mine has a light on it, i'm assuming yours does as well? anyway this is what i found out because i had a hell of a time trying to look at the buds as well.

don't be gentle! don't be scared of hurting the buds (maybe not the best advice but it works for me haha). find the one you want to look at- have the scope at the lowest power and press the scope right onto the bud. if there is round circular hole in the clear part you want to press the bud right up against that hole and look through.

i actually had to practice to use mine! took awhile but you will definitely get it. just have to grab that bud and put it right up against the scope!

and the plants are looking great!

GrowinGreen said:
hey don- i have a similar scope as you. mine has a light on it, i'm assuming yours does as well? anyway this is what i found out because i had a hell of a time trying to look at the buds as well.

don't be gentle! don't be scared of hurting the buds (maybe not the best advice but it works for me haha). find the one you want to look at- have the scope at the lowest power and press the scope right onto the bud. if there is round circular hole in the clear part you want to press the bud right up against that hole and look through.

i actually had to practice to use mine! took awhile but you will definitely get it. just have to grab that bud and put it right up against the scope!

and the plants are looking great!
another way would b to jus trim a small piece of leaf off from the top bud from the middle buds and from the lower buds then check the triches on the leaves with the micro on a piece of paper its way less hassle and u dont mess up those precise thc heads.

thanks alot guys
yes it has a light
is it because its too strong that you cant see well?
well thanks for stopping in guys
keep comming and checking in from time to time

no I wouldn't necessarily say that. the one I use is a 60-100x magnification and I just start at 60x and look around. I normally don't even zoom in much, I find 60x to be more than enough. you really just need to mess around with it- it's like riding a bike.

hey don, I see your trying to figure out your scope. I always do what goneindawind does and it seems to be the easiest way for me. I don't have a steady enough hand to get a good view up close on the plant.

That's the main issue with those scopes, you've gotta get real close and have to be able to hold steady. Doesn't have as much to do with the focus, at first when I started using mine I would try and focus the little thing but relized after a while that as soon as I would focus it I would move even the tiniest amount and the focus would be off again.

So best advice if you are going to not take little cuttings would be to forget the focus and just slowly move the scope in toward the plant. You will find the sweet spot soon enough. If you do take cuttings, then it's easy as pie!

Okay. check this out.
i realize that leaves should be going yellow.
but this is at only week 5ish.
look at the bushy girl, shes comepletlely going yellow.
you can see on the inside of her all the leaves are dying/dead.
i really dont know why this is happening so fast and early.

the incredibly tall stretched girl, is starting to look alot nicer.
although she is going yellow too. but mostly at the bottom.
which could be normal. or its the same problem developing that the bushy girl has. its working its way up the leaves..

if anyone has any bright ideas it would really help.
paranoid about messing up the crop...

thank you.
TDOC.

105_0053.JPG

105_0055.JPG

105_0056.JPG

105_0058.JPG

105_0059.JPG

105_0061.JPG

105_0062.JPG

WOW, I would say that doesn't look like normal yellowing. Unfortunately I am no doctor so I cant give advice as to what to do, but I would guess that you have a problem.

There shouldn't be that much yellowing and dying leaves even come harvest time.

You say that this has happened really quickly, have you tested PH runoff? Maybe a serious case of salt build up, have you flushed your plants during this grow?

i flushed my plants a few days ago, and after flushing
i watered with nutes again. but this is worrying me
the guy at the store told me to use these nutes every time i water too.
30ml of each for 10L of water.
so i get 2L of water measured and put 6ml of each in.

i have no idea... i need to move fast though.

how long did you wait to add nutes after you flushed?

Usually after I flush I dont add nutes for a while to see what gives.

And depending on how often you water, I wouldn't add nutes every water. I give nutes once maybe twice a week depending on how the plant is responding.

ok ill go flush right now, soils dry anyways.
hopefully i can save her..
#%$@#@^#$#^&

well it looks like a nitrogen def, flush and add a nitrogen rich nute,
watch the buds carefully.

thanks man
i want to make positive sure its that though,
dont want to mess things up.
i have some blood+bone meal mix 7-7-0
should i just sprinkle a bit across the top of the soil
next time i water her? for a nitrogen boost? i dunno.
i need help. ha

Looks like what swift said. Blood meal would work but either might be a little weak and might take a bit of time for the plant to absorb it. I think liquid ferts are faster. I could be wrong. Your plants look amazing don. Props!

thanks alot mental
i cant agree with you on that one tho :rolleyes:
my plants are getting merked! haha
ill see what the flush does... :confused:

as long as your not seeing any serious damage to the buds i wouldnt worry bro... this is the time when the buds can do some odd things to the rest of the plant.. some go purple, some go yellow... yours is an extreme case but i wouldnt go and add any nitrogen... nitrogen is for the leaves... your flowering... i have read and heard about some growers not giving ANY nitrogen for the last month...

yea thats true to a point, but you need leaves to make energy to make big buds, it could be its just dying off like they all do when flowering, a little earlyer then usuall, how long is it flowering now? if it has 4weeks or less left it prob be ok but, like i said watch the buds carefully if they are affected then its not normal,
do you have an ec metre don?

how are they looking this morning don? Did you flush them last night?

It still looks like you've got some healthy leaves on there, and your buds are looking really nice. Maybe she's just tapping into her reserves a bit early.

no ec meter,
thanks guys
lets hope thats what it is.
i flushed both plants last night,
ill let you know in about an hour when my lights go on.

yes i set it from 2-2 haha i usually wake up
around 2pm cause i work nights

Latest posts

Back