Second grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright well nothings worse it seems.
should i just use water for a few waterings?
when to go back to the nutes?

another note, got my microscope to work haha
i couldnt figure it out. i took a small leaf covered in trichs off
and played with it and learned to do it. i was like WHOA!!

haha... glad you finally got to see your plant up close and personal. What did it look like? Were they all clear?

Good to hear that the problem isn't getting worse. If I were you I would feed nutes once a week, how many times a week are you watering?

roughly water em every 2 days.
and i think i mightve seen a couple cloudy maybe
the buds dont look damaged i dont think
hopefully things will turn out.

im pretty happy. i was going to have to close to down my grow after this one for a few different personal reasons. but everything seems to be sorted out and ill be able to grow out my 10 bb seeds and continue gardening and expanding my brain.

:ciao:

Ya, from your pics the buds looked real nice. I would wait at least 2 waterings before adding nutes again. Then add nutes every other water from there on out. JMO

glad to hear you got your scope!
yep there great fun!
as for the plant my bigbud has started to yellow all over, but its only got a week or so left,
but the buds are'nt going yellow just the lower bud leafs and the rest of the plant.
good to hear you can continue growing, thats always good news!

I would give them a little N. What is your pH? If it is too high you will seriously hinder N uptake. So in theory if you have plenty of N in your soil and in your nutes with a high pH the plant can not utilize them. I would get a good pH reading and go from there.

i appreciate it
ill get a reading tomorrow
and post it of course

but this plant only has about 3 weeks to go, i think if the ph
is fine, ill just use water maybe until the end.
i flushed both of my plants 2 days ago.
this was only severely affecting the one though.
stop by tomorrow n check it out thanks man
tdoc

edit: but if i just flushed and am going to use water can i test the ph on the water?
you know what i mean? or does the nutes have to be in. hopefully you get what i mean
i am so bad with pH

You want to test the run off from your container, this will give you a good idea of what your soil pH is. Also when adding nutes and water you want to test the solution after the nutes have been added and thourghly mixed.

alright so tomorrow i can just water her
with no nutes and check the run off?

just water her slowly and let her sit on a saucer or something for a second (don't worry she will not drown). This should give your water ample time to adjust to the pH of your soil. Test the water left in the saucer and we can go from there.

just did.
and im not that good with colors
cause thats how this ph tester is
but i think it reads a bit higher than 7.
so it is high... damn
so what i have to ph down all my water now?

Yup. You want your ph to be 6.5 for optimal N uptake without locking out P. Now you want to flush the plant with 3-4 times the size of the conatiner you have with pH adjusted water of 6.5. So if they are in a 3 gal pot you want to flush her with atleat 9 gallons of water. Then you can give her a drink of nutes with an adjusted pH of 6.5. Don dump the paper test strips or whatever you are using and buy a digital pH tester. You can get them for 20 bucks on ebay, get a hanna or a millwaukee. You do not need anything fancy for a dirt grow just your basic tester. Here is a link to two that would be best for you. I didn't price compare but you will atleast get an idea of what to look for.

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Hanna-Checker-PH-METER-TESTER-HI98103-98103_W0QQitemZ310105368798QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMeters_Testers_Probes?hash=item310105368798&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/Milwaukee-pH600-Digital-pH-Tester-Meter-Pocket-Pen-New_W0QQitemZ370183364600QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item370183364600&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

your helps more than appreciated buddyluv
you da man bro
ill check it out for sure. and ill grab some ph down stat.

you think my buds with be alright?
theyre more then half way done... :S

They will be fine as long as you get your pH down. I have a plant in my unit right now doing the samething. she is from a cross I made myself of Top 44xBig Bud. Her sister plant is perfectly fine with higher pH but she suffers for it. I have a 24 site unit so I can not adjust my pH just for her. I had to find a happy medium for them all. She is producing just fine but barely has any fan leaves left. Oh well you win some and you lose some. pH is going to be the most important thing to keep in check, almost every problem you see here is somehow related to pH, so a decent meter is a must.

so what im assuming theres instructions to ph down
so i leave the ph adjusted water out for 24hours before watering
and then add my nutes in?
but at first just flush with the ph adjusted water?

so i think ill flush with the ph adjusted water and then just use that until i take her down. the other plant ive got will be a while still, so im still going to be giving her nutes for a while.
ph threw a curveball at me, i thought i wouldnt have to worry.
pretty frusterating but at least i know what my problem is
and know how to fix is. ill keep an eye on my ph all the time.

Latest posts

Back