Shenanigans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does that short barrel sting your hand a little when you fire it?
I put Hogue grips on that gun so I could keep my hands on it when I pull the trigger. It is a hammerless gun and doesn’t weigh but a few ounces because of the composite it’s made from and it is not a gun that you want to try to shoot somebody and 50 feet away. It is for up close and personal work.
I bet that "prints" a touch ! Even with shorts and a T shirt I can effectively conceal a Smith and Wesson 9mm Shield in a Remora Holster. I dont own a shoulder holster. I dont have shoulder trouble, but when you do, getting you elbow back far enough to withdraw and reholster gets tough. About the only relief is a shoulder holster or cross draw. With shoulder holster, if wearing for long periods and frequently, get a deal for the other side that holds spare magazines to balance the load, or in your case, speed loaders? You might need an automatic pistol to carry, sure you have some!

Bubba
I broke my right shoulder and tore up the bicep muscle and the rotator cuff so I cross draw… I am right handed so the rig rests underneath my left arm. The older I get the closer I stay to home on a fairly regular basis so most times I just shove my 357 in my pocket when I go into a store… i’ve heard a lot of rumblings about staying home tomorrow, because of the violence that people are looking to perpetuate. I am almost tempted to gear up and go in and look for some of those sons of bitches… i’ve noticed that folks from the middle eastern countries have an issue with large dogs… I might be a little twisted, but I enjoy their reaction when I have the boys out…

my carry revolver certainly has a mean bark and if not held correctly it will fly out of your hand...the older I get the more inclined I am to load it with .39 plusP...still very effective and a completely different recoil...

Gonna need a turrent mount with some servos hooked to a PlayStation controller if I lose any more bone mass.
😆

my carry revolver certainly has a mean bark and if not held correctly it will fly out of your hand...the older I get the more inclined I am to load it with .39 plusP...still very effective and a completely different recoil...
Never been a wheelgun type, but I've been looking at them a bit lately.

First gun I ever shot was a .22 revolver when I was 5. TINS...me and a buddy found his dad's revolver under his mattress, where he also stored his Playboy magazines - understand, this was 1962...anyway, we took that gun out in the yard and shot it twice, me once and him once, then put it back under the mattress.

Maybe my adult realization of that memory is part of the reason I'm a Safety Notsee - how fortunate that neither of us were hurt! On the other hand, guns weren't kept out of the conversation and demonized as evil back then like they are now, and we both knew not to point it at the other. We didn't think it was a big deal, other than being sneaky kids.

My summer carry is a pocket .380. In winter I move to one of the larger 9's.
That little one is a much-loved favorite, but it's not a "fun day at the range" plinker, for sure.
I can't imagine that Smith is any tamer. LOL
That smith shield fits in my jeans back pocket. 8 124 grain Federal HST hollow points.

Winter, it's Glock 30S .45 acp. I just don't trust .380, 9mm isn't very confidence inspiring either. I've watched them bounce off a car door before ...

Bubba

I put Hogue grips on that gun so I could keep my hands on it when I pull the trigger. It is a hammerless gun and doesn’t weigh but a few ounces because of the composite it’s made from and it is not a gun that you want to try to shoot somebody and 50 feet away. It is for up close and personal work.
I had a 2” barrel 357 S&W for just a bit

I broke my right shoulder and tore up the bicep muscle and the rotator cuff so I cross draw… I am right handed so the rig rests underneath my left arm. The older I get the closer I stay to home on a fairly regular basis so most times I just shove my 357 in my pocket when I go into a store… i’ve heard a lot of rumblings about staying home tomorrow, because of the violence that people are looking to perpetuate. I am almost tempted to gear up and go in and look for some of those sons of bitches… i’ve noticed that folks from the middle eastern countries have an issue with large dogs… I might be a little twisted, but I enjoy their reaction when I have the boys out…
I had a 2” barrel 357 S&W for just a bit but it stung the heck outta my hand and was not fun to shoot. I got Pachmayr grips for it which helped a little bit ended up trading it for a 6” barrel model 19.

I had a 2” barrel 357 S&W for just a bit

I had a 2” barrel 357 S&W for just a bit but it stung the heck outta my hand and was not fun to shoot. I got Pachmayr grips for it which helped a little bit ended up trading it for a 6” barrel model 19.
If it's not comfortable to work with a tool, it's hard to become proficient with a tool.

Just (and I am sure you do) clean extra good the cylinder holes, especially towards the front. Those that don't find .357 cartridges won't go all the way in the cylinder. Those .38 rounds are shorter, and leave a ring of crud where the .38 case ends a little short compared to .357 case

Bubba

Just (and I am sure you do) clean extra good the cylinder holes, especially towards the front. Those that don't find .357 cartridges won't go all the way in the cylinder. Those .38 rounds are shorter, and leave a ring of crud where the .38 case ends a little short compared to .357 case

Bubba
Next time you do a proper cleaning on your firearm, put some toothpaste on a bristle brush or even a tight fitting patch and run it though a couple of times. Where'd all that black/dark grey crud come from?
I don't do it every time unless I'm putting it up for a long stay, but you'll be surprised on just how much crud is left behind after a normal cleaning.
Thanks to the NRA for that little tip many years ago. It works.

I seem to have fallen into disrepair. My 100% carry (even as I type this) is a tweeny PUG .22Mag revolver. It is for short range only. But it is essentially weightless. I cannot even feel it as I walk around. So it is always in my pocket. Since I only wear shorts, I can carry anywhere and no one would ever think I was heavy.
1697145179648.png

I wish I had a shoulder holster for my way-too-big .44 Mag Centennial.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back