Snuggles is getting his first DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuggles

I was there...he inhaled
Reaction score
And I don't even drink. I just got home, I went out to see a movie...it sucked LOL. Anyways on my way back I get a call asking for a ride (I'm a sober type 2.5 years). So I pick him up we drive home, on the way is a check point, no problem in fact the officer even commented on how drunk my friend was, seemed like a nice guy...he let us carry on. Well I drop my friend off and turn around to go back home. I have to go through the checkpoint in an opposite direction but why should I worry...I then hear the infamous ODOR word and I know I'm in for a problem. They ask me to pull over, next to all the drunks. No ossifer I hadn't been drinking kinda stuff and here is me. I pull in and a different officer starts to prepare for my test which I started to take and then a small group of LEOs come over amd explain that I am a "stoner" not a drinker. That's what they called me. I got searched, they find nothing and then I hear are there any drugs in your pants, no way LOL. Well I got strip searched, I think, I had to remove my jeans so you tell me. Meanwhile my car is being searched without my permission, they even popped the trunk. I told them NO WAY. Answer I got was "idiots like you lose their rights when they do drugs and drive". At this point I am annoyed not even scared. Well bingo they found the motherload, 2 rolling papers from who knows when and stems...I never saw either that's what I was told. So off to be processed, I get their and I am administered a breath test, I blow a big fat 0. Officer tells me where to sit and that someone will drive me to my car in a moment. % minutes later a nurse type tells me I have to give blood. I think they may have messed up, I had to sign a form and when I signed the form I was told there were 3 options to determine if I was under the influence..pee, blood, or breath. Officer gets to pick one, I sigend the form before for a breathalizer, that's what the officer picked for me before the small group came oevr and told him I was a stoner LOL. Then again at the station I was given a breathalizer, I never signed a form for a blood test. Officer gets to choose one test and he chose breathalizer. So I put up a minor fight about my blood but I was told to TAKE IT. I think they may have pulled something on me there, and this is what frustrates me what if they did? Can I prove it?

As of this moment I am not under arrest pending the blood test for THC. Officer told me if my THC level was above the legal limit I would get a DUI. I said what's the legal limit his answer was since it's an illegal drug any amount will get you the DUI. I said but I could have smoked a month ago, he said yep you could have. He also lectured me on how the slightest level of THC will impair someone for weeks. As long as it's in the blood you are impaired. LOL are you kidding me, I'm getting a lecture from a guy who doesn't know squat about MJ and I know a lot...not to brag but I do. Well my blood is going to be loaded with THC so I expect to be charged. Can't talk to my lawyer till Monday. I also was surprised that all they had to say was odor and they could search my car even the trunk...I think this maybe a problem for them. But I am not sure. I wasn't imp[aired and I don't drink and this is my help, one officer even put it that way...they would get me help. Sure take away one of the things that keeps me from drinking thanks for the help.

I feel totally violated, I gave KEO my blood and all I did tonight was try and help a friend. This is out of the blue and I am convinced one hundred and ten percent that THEY CAN AND WILL DO WHATEVER THEY WANT TO BUST YOU. I drove through an alcohol checkpoint sober and as a designated driver and I get arrested...*** this is AMERICA and it was an alcohol checkpoint. One lesson I have learned well 2 cut my hair and shave. I got totally played and profiled, an odor my arse. I am so angry right now...stupid stupid stupid. My friend is going to feel so guilty. On a side note I got mocked when I was asked why I was out, "I went to a movie and then drove a drunk friend home". Sad thing was not 50 feet away was the officer who let me pass the first time through. They looked hard and it didn't feel very chckpointish to me. I am scared to death that their help may lead to some falling off the wagon and I'm scared, I am going to have to pee once a month, this is how they help me. Had I been smoking a joint in the car sure but not what happened it's not alright not at all.

Wow man sorry to hear about the rough night. if it does start going to a DUI and record and such like that id ask to have all of the officers names that were working the checkpoint that night so you could identify the one who was somewhat legit with you about it. Have him testify that he had already once administered a roadside sobriety test to you and you had passed, Id also be doing my best to see the "evidence" (stems & wraps) that were found in the trunk. There are jerk off cops who will do and say anything they want to hem someone up and it sounds to me like the 2nd group was just that. Make sure that your Lawyer also gets that you signed the paper for the breath test and then they also took a blood sample without consent and against your will. All in all it sounds to me like you should be able to get a minor case built for wrongful imprisonment, but thats always tough to prove when there will be 10 other cops standing around to say he was trashed and arguing with us about stuff and being belligerent, or as they like to put it drunk and disorderly. Good luck man, crap like this is so wrong a descent lawyer should be able to shoot it apart IMO though.

I did not in anyway say they could I actually said NO and I mean it I said NO WAY. I also got some more info, my blodd has to come back at a 5ng/ml whatever the hell that means. BUT regular smokers break down THC slower so I am most likely going to get a DUI.

Pennsylvania has a per se drugged driving law enacted for cannabis, cannabis metabolites, and other controlled substances. (75 Pa. C.S.A. 3802(d) & 34 Pa.B. 919)

Under Pennsylvania's law, motorists with detectable levels of THC in the blood above 5 ng/ml are guilty of DUID.

I also read that the levels of THC in the blood is not something most medical experts consider impairing....for just that reason a heavy smoker is cmpletely different when it comes to their blood and the amount of THC in it over time. So the officer who told me any amount of THC in the blood would get me a DUI didn't know the real answer LOL.

I feel a bit better but I honestly felt violated, they have a vial or two of my blood and I didn't do anything to anyone including smoking and driving. I also feel that I did everything right from my standpoint I did I repeat I did say I DO NOT give permission for my car to be searched. They saw a stoner and they got them one there was nothing I could do at all NOTHING. Sad thing I was witness to some of the finest drunks, they got better treatment than me and there were some real winners let me tell you...they had no right driving period.

snuggles said:
I also feel that I did everything right from my standpoint I did I repeat I did say I DO NOT give permission for my car to be searched.
That's good to hear, and puts you in a good position (at least better than most would be in a situation like this). Once you said that they didn't have permission to search your car, those cops performed an illegal search and seizure. Regardless of whether or not you are guilty of DUI by law, I am pretty sure you can have the charges dropped based on that reason alone. Also, the fact that they forced you to take a blood test can only help your case in this situation.

I'm no lawyer, but my son got popped in a very similar situation- ie: profiling. Charge got tossed after some community service. The only thing that snagged him was he did give leo permission to look in his backpack. Sounds like you should walk away clean on this since you didn't give permission. You were never arrested, didn't give permission- your lawyer should take care of in a snap. Good luck to you.

I don't know much about the laws in your state but i know the laws in mine pretty well. The moment they said they smelled something they had probable cause to search your car and your person, but in georgia its a plain sight search. they can only look at whats in plain sight, no digging under seats and glove box,. untill you've been placed under arrest. Then its open season on your stuff. they can do what ever.When i was younger i had a bad rep in my home town with the leos. i watched them completely strip the inside of my small pickup truck over a few seeds they had found in the floor. Its crazy at what they get away with. They can pretty much charge you with anything. In the state of georgia fast food bags in the floor of your car is enough for probable cause to search. If i were you i would contact a lawyer asap and see what they say to do. as far as the blood test and breath test they can give you both if one doesn't give a clear reading. i hate to here that your going through this. its never fun dealing with leo. good luck keep us posted

You are right, drug offenders lose certain rights, there was no odor thats what gets me, the saw a long haired bearded guy plain and simple. The Miranda form in PA, at least I think that is what they call it is what I had to sign I raed and was told they could only give one of the above mentioned tests urine, blood, or brath period. It also said I had no right to contact a lawyer, how the hell that happens I do not know. And MO it was not a plain sight search they were in my car and even popped my trunk. I never saw any stems or papers, papers are legal anyways, and I didn't want to press my luck. They still have my wallet and my keys, they would not return them. Look I know they have fun with people but I am not a moron I am an active member of Norml and I know the plant better than every single officer there combined. problem is if I fight it I will get nailed, nailed we all know how that goes. But the search of my car was not plain sight it was like an arceological dig IMO. So now I have to go down there and hold my tongue while I listen to ome crap while I try and get my wallet and keys. The officer that drove me home said one thing "sorry bud but it's out of my hands at this point", yeah thanks a lot. I am an alcoholic and I know myself without that stuff my battle just got 10 times worse, their system is helping anyone at all. Also just for some nice little numbers, hows this without giving away too much info to get me IDed. They put a number on your hand to process you at these checkpoints, my number is very close to 200 that's right 200 hundred...cha ching!!!!!!

But I think what upset me most was having to listen to them lecture me, they no squat about MJ and they are just trained attack dogs..robots. It's so frustrating, cuase I am a hermit, hell I'm on here all the time LOL and the one time I leave my house I get popped, sounds like my drinking days all over again. Only this time I wasn't doing anything. It should scare each and everone of you Americans, sobriety points are for caching impaired drivers not to act like a customs agency and look for something. I was very coherent and I think my lack of drugs on my person and the lack of alcohol made them look that much harder. Legal or not I feel totally violated, my blood is mine. Also they give you no food or drink which IMO is a must for safety reasons. That a the young meathead who was lecturing me about what a moron I am. Pot is worse than alcohol kinda junk and how I was a loser who needed help....I'll admit it I wanted to puch him in the face so bad, he was just a young little meathead. I messed up in the past, I got sober and this is what happens. i also got the lecture about AA and all these wonder drugs, i politelt told the officer that I had a different belief system and that I do not trust pills and AA did not work for me now please mind your own business. There are always a-hole cops and for the first time in my life I bit my tongue, cause no offense but the police have no right to attack my character or tell me how to treat myself. The reason I am proud of myself is I am a little bastard LOL, in the past when i felt a certain officer went too far I spit in his face. I am ashamed by it and it was one of the turning points in getting sober. I got him right in the face, dead center. LEO needs to learn they are here to enforce laws and that is it. I take my sobriety very seriously and I did not appreciate the attitude and lectures and the knocks on my character, I know it sounds whiney but I walk a very fine line everyday, most alkies will tell you that. i have contacted my lawyer friend and two Norml lawyers but I don't expect anything till Monday. Ignorance is a live and well in my parts.

Oh and Mo I got every officer that I could think of, they post their pics on the PD web site. Especially the young punk who thought he had the right to tell me how to treat my alcoholism...I hope he gets a rash you know where and it lasts forever.

Also here's the kicker I was not officially arrested, they have to wait for my blood test. If you are a regular smoker in PA you will get a DUI if they take blood end of story. It stays in our blood stream longer than a non regular smoker. I go back and forht as I sit here, they have no case and then I say I'm screwed...it's a system and whatever true info on THC is going to be ignored.

From the bottom of my heart...I just want to be Norml I am a sick person and I feel a bit weird cause I can't drink and be social and have a good time, you know meet girls hang with friends MJ helped me a ton. Not too mention I haven't been weened off in 15 years. I have an alcohol problem and a bad one, I am one of those that is not going to be helped but hurt IMO all for doing the right thing. I spoke to my friend and he feels horrible, he didn't believe me for like 15 minutes. I told him not to worry I know I did the right thing, he was a mess. Unfortunately I can no longer be a designated driver I have to turn my back on all my friends and those of you that know me know I am a man of my word and I like to help others, especially a guy who has stood by me through thick and thin,,,this guy lived in my house the first two weeks I got sober, he kept an eye on me. He's also the guy who went to AA with me when I tried it a couple of times. I love the guy he's my best friend you know? I have to clean up my act, I feel alone cause i get stoned, well not around you guys I feel at home here. But it's hard to be a single guy at my age and not drink, I get looks I get lumped in you know? I hurt no one and I got VIOLATED. Why is MJ so hated? Why? I hope one day it does come out, the truth and all the little robots feel really bad. I am an alcoholic and I know my boundaries and how to treat myself they have no rights to tell me what I can and can't do, they don't know what it's like. I am sick just like a diabetic, or someone with some other sort of disease, I'm an alcoholic and I did everything right at least in my eyes. I got laughed at violated, called a stoner and some other things.

I am more worried about taking piss tests than losing my right to drive, I am not sure I can stay sober and I'm terrified. If I drink my life is crap and somedays I need the help that MJ gives me...I NEED IT.

man do i understand where your coming from. I know your angry and nervous and scared. Its ok. i don't know your past or criminal record but its never as bad as we think its gonna be. we always think they're gonna put us under the jail. but thats usualy not what happens. Im on probation, have been for 7 years, got 5 more to go. Just last year i was arrested 3 times for driving without a lices. I just knew i was going away. i knew it more that anything. i hired a lawyer, stayed sick worrying. each time i went to court i was so scared. told my wife i love her and prayed. each time i paid a big fine and walk out. my probation never came up. theres nothing you can do today. you called a lawyer, Norml, and thats all you can do. so roll one, pack one or what ever you do and don't let it get you down. Also you don't have to drink no mater what. think about how far you have come since you stop drinking. think about how much better your life is without drinking. Be proud of who you are today without drinking. and don't drink no matter what. good luck. if you need to talk just pm me. Trust me i understand

Oh I been through the system that's for sure, never jail just a holding cell here and there. But I came damn close and got out of dodge. trust me I know my life is better without it,it's just whenever I get a pang I need something to take the edge off and I'm a bit scared, they are taking my safety net from me you know that's all. I got freaking "pants" in a parking lot for christs sake while I watched dudes who couldn't even walk get cabs called for them. Sad thing is they have no idea what kind of attitude I have now. I learned when I got sober that I have a gift called anger...I know how to make it positive. I have a feeling I will be whole lot more active in the activism part...motivation to make things right. I don't grow anymore, I had to shut down so I am free to do what I have to do to raise awareness. I believe in it (MM), kinda happens when you are a life long smoker and you watch people close to you die of cancer. And I also know it helps with addiction I am a perfect example. I don't sit around I made a promise to my mom that I would help her and since she has passed I feel that I have conitnued that...I have no choice I refuse to sit around hoping things will get better when they get worse. In all my years of drug use I have never been caught with weed NEVER. I don't drive with it too much and I never smoke and drive...I think this is what has me so frustrated, I atually quit drinking and got a DUI it's so ironic LOL. Thanks MO. I know I have to wait till MON. but believe it or not one of the norml lawyers emailed me already. He wants me to write down every detail in order. He said I may not be in as much trouble as I thought but he needs to hear more. This whole incident has me more motivated than ever trust me. Negatives turn into positives and that's what I intend to do...something positive. I just felt the ignorance and hatred towards MJ up close and personal and let me tell you we are so far away from it being accepted it's ridiculous. I would have been better off drunk driving a guided missle LOL.

sorry to hear what you are going threw snuggles..All LEO needs now is probable cause...If you are a known user then thats all they need now a days..it sucks and we here in the USA are losing our rights little by little...I sometimes ask myself who is the Dictator now..Good luck my friend..

Oh man snuggles, that completely sucks. :(

I am angry for you. You did nothing wrong. The drunks were treated better? Gimmie a friggin break.

Sorry you had that happen.

make sure you bring up the fact you want the video submitted for evidence. there no way they had a right to STRIP search you outside the jail and search your vehicle on top of that that will get thrown out in a heartbeat. did they read you your rights? if not then that is called fruit of the posionous tree.... that will discredit the entire case for the prosecution and have you walking out in notime- get a good atty....tell him the ENTIRE story and be honest.

goodluck ;).

That's crazy. I bet your friend feels terrible. I would if I were him. Definitely get a good lawyer. I can almost guarantee that this will be dropped with no problems at all. The search they made you do will do it, I think. They can't make you strip right out in the road in front of everyone. You may even want to consider a lawsuit. They have no right to embarrass you like that. Just my thoughts. I wish you the best of luck with it. Take care and be safe my friend.

It gets better, I went to the station to get my car and it was towed. No biggie where's it at, we can't release that info and even if we did you can't get your car till Monday. So I'm looking at a large bill. It's amazing how this is works LOL. I'm glad I don't have a job to go to today or tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out what the hell I have to do to find MY CAR it's mine I have a right to know...at least I hope I do LOL. So tack on a couple hundred for my car, it was very surreal standing at the checkpoint feeling 100% fine and now here I am. Bastards I tell you all of them, I have lost all respect for the police in my neighborhood. I also think I got some special treatment cause they were hoping to find something and they didn't.

I will ask about a video, if they don't want to help I'm sure the lot where they pulled me over has a camera, it's a business.

Here's a link for you guys, cause I don't know if you realize it but anyone of is at danger for getting a DUI even if they aren't high or have not smoked for a day or two. And in some states they have zero tolerance for drugged driving meaning any THC will get you a DUI, the stuff stays in your system for a while and even though the medical field disagrees the legal system pushes these laws through.

norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6492

I will also report what happens the whole way through my journey, I figure we can all learn from it. Fact is we are treated worse than really drunk people LOL. Also so everyone knows I am sober but I have nothing against drinkers or alcohol it is what it is and I sure enjoyed it LOL. These drugged driving laws are bull though, please make sure to check out the link cause it's different from state to state.

I would never let anyone any where any place to ever take my blood
with out my concent. Unless court ordered.

If any one ever is in any situation. After complying and doing
all that you can do to make a situation better, be a total aszhole.
Period. fudge them. Give your name birthdate and address, SS#. and
THATS IT.. NO MORE. NO LESS and SAY NOTHING ELSE. ask for
a lawyer.

Sorry about your situation Snuggles.

Get a half way decent lawyer, and everything should be fine.
Contact your local bar association and try to find a civil rights attorney
and tell them your story about you being violated. Maybe you can
sue and file complaints against the officers. When its time for them privates
to earn a strip the file follows them and hopefully bit them in the a ss

Its just a total scam. now everyone is in your pockets. Lawyers, tow truck
driver, courts and etc. when you get caught up into the system, its nothing
but a way of BIG BROTHER milking you for $$ every step of the way

MrPuffAlot said:
I would never let anyone any where any place to ever take my blood
with out my concent. Unless court ordered.

If any one ever is in any situation. After complying and doing
all that you can do to make a situation better, be a total aszhole.
Period. fudge them. Give your name birthdate and address, SS#. and
THATS IT.. NO MORE. NO LESS and SAY NOTHING ELSE. ask for
a lawyer.
In PA if you do not give blood you automatically lose your driving priviledges for a year. The form even states that I havd no right to contact a lwayer to consult on my testing...it said it in plain print. I was an a-hole I answered nothing once I was arrested, of course they said you know we will be easier on you if you cooperate, we all know that little lie. I also found out that they are allowed to search my car but not dig through things until I am under arrest( Mo was right) The papers and stems were supposedly in the trunk, how the hell was I smoking my stem joints if they were in the trunk LOL. Anyways I was not officially charged with anything and they arrested me for paraphenalia once they found the papers, which won't stand as papers are legal. Technically they weren't allowed to go through my car until I am under arrest, well the papers were found in my trunk before I got charged...I may have some hope here.

And I promise all of you if I do have a case I will fight it and I do find that I can sue officers I will...wanna ruin my life for a bit I can do the same I have no feelings for these cowboys at all....no good feelings that is. i also hate suing but will do it since they are pinky commie bastards LOL.

MrPuffAlot said:
Sorry about your situation Snuggles.

Get a half way decent lawyer, and everything should be fine.
Contact your local bar association and try to find a civil rights attorney
and tell them your story about you being violated. Maybe you can
sue and file complaints against the officers. When its time for them privates
to earn a strip the file follows them and hopefully bit them in the a ss

Its just a total scam. now everyone is in your pockets. Lawyers, tow truck
driver, courts and etc. when you get caught up into the system, its nothing
but a way of BIG BROTHER milking you for $$ every step of the way

You're telling me, I just got out of the system in October 2 years probabtion LOL. And I have been walking the walk, hence anyone could call me for a safe ride. I was living a clean life, even my grow was done LOL. It amazes me that there was no way for me to avoid anything...I was completely helpless to protect my rights, plus it's the US since when is a sobriety point a full fledged right to violate me. Also the laws need to change ASAP, any officer can say anything to get a search anything, all he/she has to say is odor. This is not good enough IMO, how can they prove that they smelled something (trap it in a bottle) LOL. Also I am not sure about your states but PA will be doing away with Breathalizers and they will be taking hair samples after the law is put into effect. Do you know how sacrey that is? for anyone who thinks this is not a big deal, continue to say goodbye to your rights. the constituion is garbage the US is garbage I am proud to be a fellow citizen but I hate my country and it's barbaric laws. There is a Drug War and I have decided this will motivate me to open my mouth even more, write a book etc. I realize now I am an enemy and always will be viewed as one, at least now I know who the enemy is. I refuse to go down without talking to a good lawyer who thinks he can help me not just walk me through the motions. I am an alcoholic and I have a story to tell and I hope one day I gather the courage and know how to help others and to do everything in my power to change laws here in PA, anything I can do that keeps me out of trouble. I refuse to not go down without a fight, the real evil is alive and well and it's not us it's them. You and I smoke MJ, big deal it's 2008 and I heard so much garbage last night, most police officers know nothing about the actual plant or the law for that matter. I also really want the little guy who was making me feel so badly, any of you guys ever demean an alkie? It's sick IMO especially when the said alkie is 2.5 years sober and trying so hard to have a better life. There is no compassion for people with addictions NONE, we are not treated like we have a disease and it is a diesease. I have a sound mind and body but my body lacks in certain areas I'm a sick individual who has done nothing but try to change his life and I don't mean to pat myself on the back but I went and got my own help, they never helped me when I was getting arrested, and I am very proud of it. It means a lot to me to say to someone that I am sober. And to be treated the way I was is ridiculous, why? What am I a bad person? When I rolled down the window and told the officer i do not drink, did he decide right then and there to show me lesson? Sure they did, scum.

I have zero respect for any of them now, unless I witness a violent crime I will never again help them in any way shape or form and they are my enemies....the started this "WAR" not you or I, and we are public enemy number one. Also the way I look at it I am only one person but together we are so dangerous, I think that's what really scares them, we are good people with good intentions to help others. I take great pride in sharing my gardening knowledge here but I have to do more and this has motivated me like nothing else. I feel like a man alone, I got no help from them when I drank then I get my own help and they decided to disgrace me with a DUI. My name will be in the paper, many of the people that know me will see this in the paper and say "Oh man snuggles is back on the juice". I can't explain to a non alcoholic why that hurts but it hurts me a lot .....TONS. The demaned me and insulted me for my sickness, i also have to remeber to mention to my lawyer that the little LEO was yelling at me and demeaning me, he was also giving medical advice IMO and I think he should get some recognition for it...I'm a thorn in their side from this day forward.

Latest posts

Back