Snuggles is getting his first DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
snuggles said:
I have 2 more lawyers to meet today, one is really high powered but she will work with me...supposedly she works miracles with stuff like this. The high powered lady sounds great. She told me it's not about my rights it's about who she knows...yeah finally a badass lawyer.

The one i keep on retainer is just like how you make this one sound let me tell you i call her the pit bull shes a 4th gen lawyer in my area and has the connects to make it happen : if shes real gung ho about a W then id be willing to bet shell get it. hope everything goes well man soundsl ike if you get some chance at an lesser option just ride it out and pack it up and away from there you know.

well its sounds like your on the right track snuggles i hope you walk away from this without any repercussions,, oh and well done on staying sober :tokie:

I didn't go with her, she sounded good but working with me and money is still too expensive. I went with my friend cause of his son, he is going to do everything he can for his son and I'm right with him. I also liked that he is sending our blood out to be done in a lab. He wants to see how much the THC dropped since. He is also talking about a doctor, but I don't know how much it will help. But my thinking was he's gonna protect his son at any cost....plus I do his computers so...LOL.

They try to keep us guys down, this is 2008 I should be able to have some privacy and rights to my blood. My lawyer said too if I refused the test they would have gotten a warrant almost guaranteed.

IMO man they stil had no right to do the second test the inital test chosen when the miranda waver was signed was for a breath test and then ater they gastapoed you into doing the blood test, as befoe i wish you well man hope it all woks out.

Dubbaman said:
IMO man they stil had no right to do the second test the inital test chosen when the miranda waver was signed was for a breath test and then ater they gastapoed you into doing the blood test, as befoe i wish you well man hope it all woks out.

I have a couple things that we are looking into. The search could be a problem, but all they have to say is I was physically intoxicated. I bet you I am the only guy in the testing lot that could name most of the officers, all 5 PDs plus the State Troopers, and the name of the nurse/lady that took my blood. I also remember the order of everything. Was I intoxicated? Lawyer told me too that lots of times they get sloppy and they assume that the DUIer is so bad he/she won't be able to recall exactly what happened. The LEOs depend on this sometimes he said. He also said it may not have been MJ odor they were smelling LOL, phantom smells. He said the LEOs you see sitting in their cars on the side of the road are usually running your plates....wow what the hell is that? So his thinking was they smelled "something", remember I have 2 alcohol related arrests (not driving) so they saw that and wham. Once I said I quit drinking and the fact that I was passing the field test probably made them change their mind at that point. Shady, I guess he could be right but I would like to think that LEO would play fair....yeah right.

Also the lady nurse has been contacted and she is going to cooperate with us, she saw me and will testify that I seemed fine...just found out. She told my lawyer that she would be more than happy, she thought I was very polite and with it. She also said that she is opposed to drinking/drugging and driving but I was kind of a strange case. She didn't notice bloodshot eyes, I was attentive and aware I spoke clearly and that I kept my mouth shut despite some of the dickhead cops that were "picking" on me. And she didn't smell anything except booze and that was from the drinkers in there...LOL. I haven't given up on it getting tossed yet. Plus our strategy is too stretch it out, laws could change people could move, time could kill it. If not though I can still make a positive out of it by letting everyone know my story which sounds OK too.

People you always have a choice even if your back is against the wall, the choices are getting down about it, give up, or fight. Plus I truly do believe that hardship can build character and that's not the worst that could happen to me. The worst thing that could ever happen to me did, my mom died. I have no children so what could be worse? I have seen my hardest days and I have seen my rock bottom already. I found a good friend to take my dogs if need be, my biggest worry...hey I'm a lonely guy, I lost my family for the most part, I am single etc. I got my dogs and they are my family, sounds sad but I love them so much I would hate to see them not be mine anymore you know? The house can always be sold and my business can always be rebuilt. I will have to start my own business again, I have 2 college degrees and they will probably be useless, who will hire me?

I would also like to mention to all that the system is making an activist out of me....I need to meet some more and learn more on what I can do. I can do web sites, I can write, I can march, etc. I am ready for whatever I have to do, I have no choice plus I want things to change one day for the better.....and I will never stop NEVER I made a promise to my mom and I do intend to keep it. In the next life I would like to tell her that I tried to make the world a better place and that I have made so many friend because of an amazing plant, people I never knew existed and gathered in one place. Alone we are nothing together we are perhaps the most feared group of people in the whole country. Could you imagine what we could do to destroy some of the immoral big businesses. People don't believe the hype...MARIJUANA is the most dangerous PLANT in the world for all the right reasons. They are afraid of it and us, they don't understand us.

sunggles said:
Also the lady nurse has been contacted and she is going to cooperate with us, she saw me and will testify that I seemed fine...just found out. She told my lawyer that she would be more than happy, she thought I was very polite and with it. She also said that she is opposed to drinking/drugging and driving but I was kind of a strange case. She didn't notice bloodshot eyes, I was attentive and aware I spoke clearly and that I kept my mouth shut despite some of the dickhead cops that were "picking" on me. And she didn't smell anything except booze and that was from the drinkers in there...LOL. I haven't given up on it getting tossed yet.
As far as it goes there is the ace up your sleve right there and unbiased observation made by someone in the who is constantly there and in the correct profession to make judgements on who is and who isnt really trashed :)

Dizzy said:
thats bogus id fight it

Of course it's bogus but it's the law...that's what is so scary. They have found a way around getting us at home smoking...it follows us where ever we go, if that makes sense. It's another stupid drug law IMO, are there any that aren't.

The thing that ticks me off the most is the medical people...you guys shouldn't have to worry about taking your medicine. I know we don't know the whole truth yet but I'm willing to bet it is a great therapuetic drug that can help people...maybe not a cure but it's compassion and that is what burns me so bad. What kind of a country would do such a thing and why? Also why do cops get off on doing this stuff...they get their rocks off sending non violent offenders to jail, fellow citizens.

Here's something a little off topic but 3 of my buddies got DUIs last month, it was national drunk driving month. One is already in the first time offenders program his BAC .22. Another guy hit a telephone pole and continued to drive BAC he wouldn't say LOL. And the last guy got a .18. I am getting a harsher penalty than all 3...this is the truth in almost any state. One of my friends got ARD PAs first time offender rehab program. He told me that in the classes he has to take that they get to talk to a cop on certain days. I asked him if we could ask the cops questions? He said sure you can. I will have to go through this too and I have some questions for him.

Tell me what you know about THC/MJ? What kind of training do they give you and have you ever read a book or done independent research? Are you proud to be a cop and part of a system that regularly arrests non violent offenders? Are you proud to be part of a system that wages war on it's on citizens? Are you proud to be part of the system that can boast the highest prison population? LOL I can have some fun you know. And the last one, do you know any of the amendments to the Constitution? If so do you enjoy violating them? Do you realize that you lock up your fellow citizen? Does it make you feel good?

snuggles said:
OK I met with another lawyer today. He thinks the search will hold believe it or not and then he hit me with a whammy. You do realize that the PA DUI laws have changed, I said I was aware of it but not totally in the "know". Well PA has a 3 tier system the higher the tier the higher the penalty. I said so what's my deal, 3rd tier. That's right I am automatically in the highest tier no way around it. So no matter how much THC comes back in that test I am considered the most impaired that one can be. Well if I lose I'm screwed. 90 days minimum. So for being a designated driver I get to lose my house, my business, all 7 of my pets, basically my life. I said if you were in situation would you sell your house...he said most likely he would. I'm screwed so be careful people very careful and if you are in a ZERO TOLERANCE state you are even worse off. I can't believe I might go to jail for it...and people say the situation is getting better, not here it's not. Essentially I drove a drunk friend home and for that I will most likely lose my life, sounds fair doesn't it.

Oh and no driving for 1.5 years, being as I run my own company and am the only employee I am doen, welcome to PA guys. What's the weather like in Canada?
Why would you lose evrything?Why would you have to sell your house?Man I wish you all the good Karma and luck...as it sounds like you deserve it..Good things come to good people....so hang in there it will work out some how some way.....it will you'll see;)

tcooper1 said:
Why would you lose evrything?Why would you have to sell your house?Man I wish you all the good Karma and luck...as it sounds like you deserve it..Good things come to good people....so hang in there it will work out some how some way.....it will you'll see;)

Well I'm single, own my own business and am my only employmee. I would be jailed for 90 days and then I would be not able to drive for 1.5 years that's a grand total of 19 months and I make about 4-5k a month so do the math...it's harsh to me remeber the only other guys who get this are the worst alcohol offenders in the PA system. I could walk, talk, think...I was completely coherent LOL, it's another law to pound us into submission. Charge me with possession of stems LOL and paraphenalia and get out of my face. Do I deserve to have my life turned upside down, meanwhile my drunk "friend" was home safe and sound. And my friend and I are not what I would call friends anymore but that's a whole nother story. I am convinced I am better off just keeping to myself and being a hermit, which is what I am. LOL it's no walk in the park that's for sure but hey what can I do except wait and wait LOL.

snuggles said:
LOL, I agree it sets a bad precedant. Who's the vice? **** Cheney made me do it.

I meant this in jest, I joked on my rpg forums one day and got creamed...apparently some guys idol was DC. I tried to calm him down and I even told him I was a republican but it didn't help, so I moved on to Ted Kennedy (before I knew he was sick of course) and his driving. I kid you not I almost got banned LOL. Oh and this is a rpg board so no making fun of me LOL...I'm a gamer guys I think that might be worse than my crime. I'm a dungeon master sometimes, and you bet I'm high as a kite when I play. Man did I just say that out loud? LOL

You can start the proceeding now but I am going to declare war on The Bahamas to distract you all...
HELL YEA MAN! D&D ALL DAY! Im a dungeon master too man!

But on the other hand, this is the worst thing I have ever heard happen to a good person trying to help their friend, so he dosent retort to doing something stupid and getting killed on the way home.

I think you are doing the right thing and your on your way to a good case. You have tons of people defending you. Oh, and BTW, your goal which was to help other peole stay clear of this situation, is working. I learned so much from this, and realize if you had only not had any stems then you would not have gotten in trouble.

I hope one day, for you snuggles, get in this same situation. Except the situation will be ideal. I will have a clean car, it wil smell nice with my air freshener, and the officer will do the exact same thing. But oh, wait? Where is everything? NOTHING in my car. I live in NY so no blood test, so they won't know I smoke.

Ill create the situation for you to cheer you up and show you what will happen one day to a shitty officer as payback.

Im drving down the street peacefully, and whoop whoop, I see the flashing lights. So I pull over, and I am very cooperative. Oh no, he is asking me to step out of the vehicle. But, I do obviously, and I stay cooperative. He informs me the reason he pulled me over was because of a blown out tail light. He then goes, whats that I smell? You been tokin the reefer? It smells like Bob Marleys *** in here! (haha a line from supertroopers) So I politely inform the officer I was not at all smoking in my car not cigarettes nor weed, because I do not allow smoking in my car. He does not beleive me and it starts your situation all over again. They dont find anything, yet they still search EVEN WITHOUT my consent, and I repededly tell him I do not consent to searches. But, I get strip searched and all. They find NOTHING and he seems a little embarresed and flustered for stopping me and searching my car over a meer TRAFFIC stop! So, I politely accept the ticket and ask the officers, excuse me sirs but what are your names? I grab the names and take them to court and sue them for everything they own. And spend all the money I make on a 100000000000000000 watt HPS light, 4 times the power and light spectrum as the sun and grow the dankest weed ever that has 400% THC level and I give it to you. How does that sound man?

Oh, And I'll see them on the streets one day asking for spare change because their families left them and their all alone. And then I make fun of them and ridicule them and their problems. And tell them they need help and they have medical conditions. And Ill laught and joke just like they did.

Ill do this for you snuggles I'm ready to take on them cops, not one bone in my body that isn't ready to hand out pure ownage to those officers that screwed you so hard.

I got your back man. I got you man.

Nothing new to report, it's been almost 2 weeks and no letter or word on my court date yet. My lawyer is thoroughly impressed though, he didn't know all the "new" stuff about MJ..meaning the scientific data, he always thought it was an excuse but now he knows more. Makes me feel good to know he is reading up. Although I now feel guilty after I smoke, thanks to LEO...I cut back a bunch. I'm antsy, I sleep about 3 hours a day and I can't relax LOL, scatterbrains I tell ya. But I still have my head up high, they will not take my pride from me, also I have a good friend who will cover me financially if I do have to go away. I will not lose my house or life cause of these guys I REFUSE. Which brings me to the subject of addiction and help from the system...there is no help, addicts are bad people and who gives a crap if we tarnish their record, ruin their life or take their house..they should learn. Hey man I quit drinking and now this, I will show them what a well rounded and determined person I am it's my goal. Nice to know that the system is so compassionate. And also how does this help anyone? Had I been stoned sure throw the book at me but I wasn't so I'm going to continue to have a chip on my shoulder about the whole bogus law..metabolites stay in the blood for a long time and don't make you high so I think maybe the state should start making laws based on science/medicine rather than have a bunch of lawmakers just make it up. IMO it is just another invasion of my privacy, smoke a joint 12 hours before in the comfort of your own home and they can still get you. Do they test for alcohol 2 days after you drink...nope. But I do understand now, it's OK to drink cause it's legal but MJ no way...sends a mixed message if you ask me.

Anyways I will let you know when I know more, but like I said I will not have my pride taken from me so they have a fight either ways...if I have to pay 10k for a jury trial I will. I may look like a stoner but I have some money and I have some friends and that's all I need...I don't care if it takes 3 years I WILL NOT BE BULLIED BY THE SYSTEM OR LEO, wanna charge me for stems and papers go ahead I'm guilty...driving while drugged is another story and I will not be shamed or made to look like a careless drug addict (not my words, one of the LEOS said it). I gave up the poison which is more than most can say.

Also I found out where most of these cops drink, my friend manages a rest./bar in the area and he told me...LOL I hate that cops are immune to the same laws as us. He promised to make some special drinks for them, yuck not my idea but I can't stop him. I am childish so I will take some comfort in it. Also whoever said I couldn't call the cops from a pay phone if I saw someone leave the rest./bar intoxicated, they may not get arrested but it still is something to consider...LOL

You got to love the Lawenforcers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

while I was a drug counselor, I was called into court to testify on behalf of a patient, who coincidentally was on probation and had busted a p test.

before my client arrived, the honorable judge, now a distinguished congress person from cleveland, was joking with the prosecutor and the bailiff about putting the fear of God into this patient of mine. :eek:

I found it totally inappropriate, and mentioned it, and the honorable Judge told me, it aint the 60's anymore Hippy and glared like She wanted me decapitated.

then they brought my client in and it sounded like a prayer meeting with the honorable Judge as the preacher.

IT WAS ALL A BIG SHOW. It made me sick, a play by play, rehearsed, choreographed and all.

When they asked me about my Professional opinion, I said he never busted a p test with me and as a matter of fact had given 1 the same day and was processed by your own lab and it was negative.

The Honorable Judge exploded at me, telling me not to contradict the results. I simply stated that I was asked my Professional opinion and the patient was living up to his treatment objectives with me, hadnt given me any reason to suspect continuing use and I had to contest the prosecutions assertions.

I then made the mistake of speaking person to person to the honorable Judge, saying that I didnt tell her how to run her courtroom, so please dont tell me how to be a substance abuse counselor.

Well, that was all She could take and the defense attorney actually stepped between me and the Judge as She was about to hold me in contempt. He was saying we were here to concern ourselves with other issues, not a fight between the Professionals.

I was a little afraid I was headed to jail too, but when they took my patient out of the room, everything changed and the Judge was smiling and even commented that I did good. IT WAS ALL A SHOW, no hard feelings eh. :rofl:
;)

my only advice is to try not to worry about it, that's time that you dont get back, and the system doesnt deserve from you. :hubba:

In IRAN they've instituted a program to HELP their addicts like they're PEOPLE with a problem, NOT CRIMINALS. IN FREAKING I-R-A-N!! This country is so backwards-*** stuck on so many issues it's just disgusting. WHY WHY WHY can't we be leaders in humanity, decency, compassion and common HUMAN CARING to the rest of the world!?!? We spend less on education than Iceland and THEY'VE got a near 100% literacy rate!
Laws are important and should be enforced WHEN APPROPRIATE. Laws aren't supposed to be taken so literally that common sence and compassion are thrown out the window. Keep fighting the good fight snuggles, they may take our lands, they may take our lives, but, they'll NEVER TAKE AWAY OUR FREEDOM!!

I came out of lurk mode because I am so angry right now I can't even see straight. Lately I have been reading more and more about marijuana (both Medicinal Marijuana and non-medical) and the types of people who use it. So far I must say that a small minority of people are processed under such a large magnifying glass that, that small minority is falsely presented as the majority. Who are these small minority? The idiots out there pushing rock, H, smack, black beauty's, ect ect. Because "old" society, these baby boomer's who refuse to die, are still in power. They focus the attention on this small percentage of people who in all reality are despicable scum and deserve the treatment they get, but they focus the attention on these people and use it for their own agendas.

They have manged to shift the view points of society in such a way that, as pathetic as it is, people busted for marijuana have the potential to be punished and suffer twice as long and twice as harshly as people who actually commit violent crimes. I was reading a story not to long ago about a man who was in prison, prison not jail, for possession of one ounce of marijuana. He was put into a cell with a man who was doing time for beating his step father almost to the point of death with a claw hammer. They entered the jail at the same time and were put into the cell on the same day. That man who had never committed a violent crime in his life and had no record prior to the marijuana charge watched his cell mate not only leave after one year, but he was there long enough to watch the man come back AND serve another six months before he himself was released. This is completely and utterly ridiculous.

I really feel for you on this one. You go and help a friend, make it through the check point once with no problems, and get busted the second time going home. How pathetic it is that these cops had nothing better to do than to harass you over nothing. If you take the sobriety test, talk coherently, walk and stand or sit without swaying or falling over, where is the problem? Where the hell do these people get off doing this to their fellow man? Why aren't these morons out there focusing on the drunks? Just think. The time they spent messing with you probably cost them the opportunity to actually bust a few drunk drivers that got past them and could have actually killed someone.

Until the day someone comes out with bonnafied scientific research that says "hey this stuff impairs people and is incredibly damaging to the body as a result of consumption" I say let us be free to do as we please in a country that was founded on freedom with a first president who actually encouraged farmers to get out there and grow things like hemp and the like.

I could go out and kick the living day lights out of a 75 year old man and drag him down the street bloodied and bruised to the police station, admit to what I did, and be out in a few days if not a few hours. If I go to the police station and light up a bowl and start smoking I may not see free daylight for a very very long time. Where is the justice?

I for one hope on everything that is right in this world, that your charges are dropped. Fishing for criminals is completely wrong. Though I do not know you on a personal level I feel in my heart that you are a good person who, like everyone else in this world, has had some bumps on their path through life. You, I am sure, do not deserve to be punished for this. There is so much wrong in this world if a man can't do his friend a favor, and possibly save a life by not letting them drive drunk, without being harassed like this. Frankly, I see no difference in smoking weed than I do cigarettes other than the fact that cigs WILL GIVE YOU CANCER AND KILL YOU.

People should be thanking you for taking time out of your busy life to answer the call of a friend in need and do the right thing. The majority of police officers out there have no clue anymore. Yes I know they deal with the scum of the world on a daily basis, but somewhere along the line they have forgotten that there are actually good people out there who do not mean others harm. I applaud you for saving a life, but more so, I applaud you for not dropping down to their level of cowardice, and taking your situation like a man.

I actually had to edit this post way way down because it ended up being about three single spaced typed pages. I apologize for the length and hope that I caught all the naughty words. I just kind of let me fingers take over and type what they wanted.

Truth be told, I really hope you come out of this one top. If this case isn't dropped, and a legal defense fund needs set up. You mark me down for a donation immediately.

Good luck!

I didn't read the whole thread but I did read your first post and a few others. I skimmed it. But sounds like their are a lot of people that would benefit from watching the video Barry Coopers Never Get Busted Again. Its an ex DEA agent turned pot activist who shows you the ins and outs. Lots of it dosen't apply here in Canada but there is still a lot of good info. Oh and the one thing that you shouldn't have done is let them take your blood and you should have demanded (DEMANDED) legal counsel.

Tater said:
I didn't read the whole thread but I did read your first post and a few others. I skimmed it. But sounds like their are a lot of people that would benefit from watching the video Barry Coopers Never Get Busted Again. Its an ex DEA agent turned pot activist who shows you the ins and outs. Lots of it dosen't apply here in Canada but there is still a lot of good info. Oh and the one thing that you shouldn't have done is let them take your blood and you should have demanded (DEMANDED) legal counsel.

Here is the problem. Our whole lives, from the day we are born, we are taught and guided, and even forced to believe that the police are here to protect and serve. In many ways they are, but at the same time they are also out to meet their numbers and get a paycheck. A cop will do whatever he can to ensure that he stays gainfully employeed, so when it comes down to situations like this where your head is telling you this isn't right, but the cops are telling you it is standard procedure your conditioning to believe that cops are out to help us kicks in and we coerece ourselfs into thinking that the cops aren't going to mislead us because they are here to help us.

I really don't think he could have avoided going downtown because in all reality if a cop decided you are going down town there isn't a damn thing you can do about it. 90% of the time they know the laws they can manipulate to ensure the situation plays out in there favor. We, the general public, do not. Not only that, but there isn't such a thing as a "roadside trial" where you can just have court and defend yourself on the side of the road and be on your way. One way or another you will be going to the jail. What throws this whole story for a loop is the fact that they denied him legal representation before they took the sample. I could notorize on a form that my butt from hence forth shall be referred to as the "King of the USA", but that doesn't make it legal and binding. Because it said he couldn't have a lawyer present doesn't mean that it is to be legally respected and that he had to respect that. No matter what, if you go downtown like that, the lawyer is the first, if not only, person you call. For all we know that little snipint of information could have been referring to the fact that when giving a sample no one else can actually be present IN THE ROOM due to contamination and chain of custody issues but because of where that little blurb was placed it could have been interpreted a million different ways.

Latest posts

Back