Snuggles is getting his first DUI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just last year i was facin ten years on an embezzlement charge.(felony that would make it almost impossible to get a job with)i got the case dismissed due to the fact my boss told some employees what happened and i paid one a quarter oz to stand up in court for me.i know a lil too much bout the cops and court system.i swear they always just say they smell something.i've been searched about a good 50 times.i have rims on my car so they automatically think i'm doing illegal activities.my boy got pulled over and searched last week.they didnt find anything but he's so paranoid right now.i've heard of them searchin peoples houses after finding stuff in their cars. even though they didnt find anything on him.they still sayed they smelt herb so he stopped all in and out traffic. i cant stand how we dont have any freedom in this country anymore...its honestly got to a point that i dont even drive my car to get herb anymore,i ride the city bus just do avoid this type of situation.cuz either way you have the short end of the stick by the time you pay a lawyor and all the other crap they tack on outta nowhere.its a little more of a pain in the butt ridin the bus,but this is one sure way that i wont be pulled over or messed with.i do this expecially when i got a garden goin.i dont risk my spot bein searched (damn cops!!!)i seen on the news yesterday where theyre havin to lay a bunch off around here due to financial problems.it made my day hearin that.anyways, welcome to the "home of the free" where cops get to do just about anything by saying".i smell some weed" i swear...you could fart right b-4 gettin pulled over and they'd still say "i smell somethin" -peace

p.s.
if for some reason a cop is readung this message.this is my message to you.
why dont you quit messin with people that want to spark up some herb.its not effecting anybody else and theres nowhere on record of it killing anyone..like alcohol and heroin on the other hand. its time you guys stop tryin to bust every pot smoker/grower and his brother and try fight something thats actually dangerous like some heroin. leave us bud smokers alone and stop pissin us off with all the b.s.!!not everybody that smokes is a "low life" or a bad person.you guys look at weed like its the devil or something...its no more deadly than all them donuts i see you guys buyin everynight in the bakery.bottomline,quit wastin our tax dollars on fighting a situation you'll never over power.this beautiful herb is here to stay..whether you take all of us to jail or not!!

Keep your head up snuggles!! I too went through a similar issue. Did you sign the release form for them to take blood?? if you did this will bite you in the butt if it goes to court. The reson the cops say "Odor" is beacuse without probable cause they cannot search your vehicle, as soon as an officer says "odor" or i smell skunky funky he can now legally search the car. Taking your pants off tho is another thing, that should of been performed at the station and not on a public street where "YOU MY FRIEND HAVE BEEN VIOLATED AND SEXUALLY HARRASED". This alone should get you off your charges if they have enough weight to press you, its a shame they target innocent people helping others get home safe. I hope all goes well brother!! Keep us posted, we got your back man! Peace and Love!

Here in PA if we refuse the blood test we get an automatic years suspension and can still be charged. It's silly IMO no lawyer to confer with? How did this pass?

I have spoken with 2 pawyers in person, I feel a little better. First question they both asked...How much marijuana did they find. None I said, just some stmes and some papers. Stems are considered MJ LOL. Also the trunk and other things could not be opened unless I said yes or was under arrest and i wasn't when they popped the trunk.

Yeah I'm sorry but the word odor is not enough IMO to do what they can do. Where's the proof, seriously.

You got it in the bag man, i wouldnt worry to much. Its too bad over stems and paper!!, must not be any real crimes they have the balls to face those cowards. You should move out here to california!! a friendly pot state!! i've been let go with ounces before many of times. Stay positive my friend you shall prevail! Peace and Love!!!!

Roken.

Anybody want to smoke some stems? LOL thanks again guys I will keep you in the loop, we all can learn from it..I have never leave the house they will go out of there way to get you LOL. It's all money scam I know that. I have relatives in Cali, SD to be exact. I have 3 more years and then I want to sell, I might even live abroad who knows, Spain sounds nice LOL. The sad truth is that in certain states none of us are safe behind the wheel, especially if we are regular smokers we would have to sober up for two days or so, literally.

I also found this article, it does a comparison to BAC. My state is 5ng/ml thc/blood. Some states are 15ng/ml and some are anything at all. For comparisons sake a person who is 10ng/ml is only .05 BAC LOL. So in my state a 5ng level is equal to .025 BAC LOL. Unfortunately the law is the law but it sounds like a money making witch hunt to me.

stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/506/no_zero_tolerance_drugged_driving_duid_laws_experts_say

IT sounds to me like your going to be just fine man, after all the wrong things the :cop: did to humiliate and degrade you in public it should be tossed. As far as the which hunt goes the whole sham of a road side check point is ridiculous, sure it does help in getting the truly impaired off the roads (and makes a tidy bit of profit for the P.A.L.) but its really nothing more than a trap, a way for Leo to corner you and force you to play their game even if your not on the roster.

My son got popped sort a like you.only it was seeds(5 seeds) The cop was a jerk to him....We got a darn good lawyer and beat it...they can not search without your permission!!!!! Good luck let us know how it goes

OK I met with another lawyer today. He thinks the search will hold believe it or not and then he hit me with a whammy. You do realize that the PA DUI laws have changed, I said I was aware of it but not totally in the "know". Well PA has a 3 tier system the higher the tier the higher the penalty. I said so what's my deal, 3rd tier. That's right I am automatically in the highest tier no way around it. So no matter how much THC comes back in that test I am considered the most impaired that one can be. Well if I lose I'm screwed. 90 days minimum. So for being a designated driver I get to lose my house, my business, all 7 of my pets, basically my life. I said if you were in situation would you sell your house...he said most likely he would. I'm screwed so be careful people very careful and if you are in a ZERO TOLERANCE state you are even worse off. I can't believe I might go to jail for it...and people say the situation is getting better, not here it's not. Essentially I drove a drunk friend home and for that I will most likely lose my life, sounds fair doesn't it.

Oh and no driving for 1.5 years, being as I run my own company and am the only employee I am doen, welcome to PA guys. What's the weather like in Canada?

bro, when this is taken to trial tell your story directly to the judge. theres no way karma will get you like this...

id say make your case in front of the judge make sure you pay the money for the courtroom clerk to record the entire thing so if your unhappy with the verdict you can appeal to a jury of your peers. if anyone in there right mind were there youd be fine :D

snuggles said:
my blood has to come back at a 5ng/ml whatever the hell that means.

Under the Federal guidelines, drug testing has two cutoff levels for positive detection. That is, labs that follow the guidelines consider drug testing to be negative if detection is below either cutoff level. In the case of urine analysis, drug testing cutoff levels are measured in nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml). For example, an initial screening for marijuana must show at least 50 ng/ml, and then confirmatory tests must prove at least 15 ng/ml. If the initial screening doesn't show at least at least 50 ng/ml, then it's considered to be negative and the confirmatory tests aren't performed.

Resource here .....

h??p://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/laborlaws/l/aa090301_3.htm

The above is for drug testing at work or for work.

Why is it different for driving?

Interesting read below.

h??p://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/441/michigan.shtml

Change the ?? to tt

I have 2 more lawyers to meet today, one is really high powered but she will work with me...supposedly she works miracles with stuff like this. And I am meeting with my friend who is a lawyer, I don't think he's right for me though, he's good for other things. I was explaining the DUID laws to him LOL. Just not his area but it doesn't hurt and he knows other lawyers. The high powered lady sounds great. She told me it's not about my rights it's about who she knows...yeah finally a badass lawyer.

snuggles said:
I have 2 more lawyers to meet today, one is really high powered but she will work with me...supposedly she works miracles with stuff like this. And I am meeting with my friend who is a lawyer, I don't think he's right for me though, he's good for other things. I was explaining the DUID laws to him LOL. Just not his area but it doesn't hurt and he knows other lawyers. The high powered lady sounds great. She told me it's not about my rights it's about who she knows...yeah finally a badass lawyer.

Good Luck Snuggles!!! Dont roll over for them on this one, make your Liars earn their $$$. I dont really like the system, but paying $$ is way better than doing time.;)

BTW, Does this mean we need to start impeachment proceedings??? :hubba:

I mean, sheeesh, the MVP being arrested for stems and papers while being a designated driver. I dont know if you will be able to live up to the massive responsibilities and perform the arduous duties accompanying the esteemed office of MVP??? And there is the whole other matter of the integrity of the Office of MVP to consider. Will this stain ever wash away??? :rofl:

LOL, I agree it sets a bad precedant. Who's the vice? **** Cheney made me do it.

I meant this in jest, I joked on my rpg forums one day and got creamed...apparently some guys idol was DC. I tried to calm him down and I even told him I was a republican but it didn't help, so I moved on to Ted Kennedy (before I knew he was sick of course) and his driving. I kid you not I almost got banned LOL. Oh and this is a rpg board so no making fun of me LOL...I'm a gamer guys I think that might be worse than my crime. I'm a dungeon master sometimes, and you bet I'm high as a kite when I play. Man did I just say that out loud? LOL

You can start the proceeding now but I am going to declare war on The Bahamas to distract you all...

snuggles said:
LOL, I agree it sets a bad precedant. Who's the vice? **** Cheney made me do it.

I meant this in jest, I joked on my rpg forums one day and got creamed...apparently some guys idol was DC. I tried to calm him down and I even told him I was a republican but it didn't help, so I moved on to Ted Kennedy (before I knew he was sick of course) and his driving. I kid you not I almost got banned LOL. Oh and this is a rpg board so no making fun of me LOL...I'm a gamer guys I think that might be worse than my crime. I'm a dungeon master sometimes, and you bet I'm high as a kite when I play. Man did I just say that out loud? LOL

You can start the proceeding now but I am going to declare war on The Bahamas to distract you all...

I have been a GM for almost 11 years and ST for 8 years. Good to see another RPGer.

HippyInEngland said:
Under the Federal guidelines, drug testing has two cutoff levels for positive detection. That is, labs that follow the guidelines consider drug testing to be negative if detection is below either cutoff level. In the case of urine analysis, drug testing cutoff levels are measured in nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml). For example, an initial screening for marijuana must show at least 50 ng/ml, and then confirmatory tests must prove at least 15 ng/ml. If the initial screening doesn't show at least at least 50 ng/ml, then it's considered to be negative and the confirmatory tests aren't performed.

Resource here .....

h??p://jobsearchtech.about.com/od/laborlaws/l/aa090301_3.htm

The above is for drug testing at work or for work.

Why is it different for driving?

Interesting read below.

h??p://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/441/michigan.shtml

Change the ?? to tt

Here's some quick notes about the US. Job drug testing is usually only for jobs, you can't be arrested but you could be fired and or suspended. Some of these test are gov't contol (OSHA) ans ome aren't. States are free to set their own drinking laws too. However I think all states are 21 now, the gov't was giving extra money to the states for their highways if they set the age at 21. It differs from state to state and all I have to do is get a 5ng/ml to be guilty here that's it no ifs ands or buts the law is set in stone, they have tried to overturn it but the Supreme Court said no. Ignorance is a live and well in the US my friend. that is why I am so upset, I could technically never drive. Whe I got my car from the impound today I could have been arrested...I had eagle eyes LOL. First thing I did was clean the car. I am not going to get off unless a judge deems the search illegal. I get different answers from different lawyers. Also I have to be honest a lot of lawyers are clueless about MJ and DUID. Alcohol kills but they don't test for that later on, why? Also they twist the data to convince the antis that they are doing the right thing. MJ is the number one DUID drug, wanna know why? How long does coke stay in your body? More people do MJ than other drugs here. The statistics are all out of whack as usual, we know what stats mean...NADA it's all in how you present them.

Here is America notice the differences?
norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4516
Here are the state DUID laws, PA is not the worst BTW that's what is scary. It's absolute bull dung, most people over here don't pay attention to much, maybe some reality TV and Brittany Spears crazy life. Hurricane Katrina what? What are my rights? etc. they don't care.
norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=6492

Oh and I can do 30 days for the stems. This really has me angry, not to pick on people but I always hear oh it will change, they will tax it etc etc. THE TRUTH IS PEOPLE IT'S GETTING NO BETTER IMO IT'S GETTING WORSE. A second offense leads to 60 days etc. It's bad here in PA with no signs of anything at all.

I think I have my lawyer, my friend. I am friends with his son and it turns out his son got nailed the same night same checkpoint, weed and alcohol...egads. I do work for this guy, computer and web stuff. He told me we need to fight. He also knew the laws really well, when I was his neighbor me and his son would puff and he would yell at us LOL. Turns out he agrees with me he has been looking into it a lot lately. He wants me to find any links I can to disprove my impairment and then they will go on the site. This is great IMO it's going to raise at least one persons awareness and now I can fimally walk the walk. He wants me very involved he says I know a lot unlike his son LOL. I really want to get off, he thinks the search was bull but he said they are probably going to say how intoxicated you were which would give him the right to search cause I was noticeably intoxicated LOL, he said it's a joke. I also raised that lawyer question to him, "is it legal to volunteer as a lawyer cause they take volunteers, he said that would be a great idea but probably wouldn't work". Although he said it would be cool cause then the cops would have to follow procedure a little more closely. He knows a lot of people too...he is a council man in my old hometown.

Also I went to turn on my radio and guess what, it was ripped out and stuffed back in, all the connections were torn apart. Sloppy as all hell. Also I did not get a phone call which is wrong, as I saw others getting their call. Here's what he thinks happened, they were really talking about the odor being alcohol, they could have ran my plates when I was in line. And I had some arrest when I used to drink, since I was passing the sobriety test and I look the stoner type so they probably were playing games. He also told me it's not uncommon for an officer to follow you run your plates and then decide if you are a good canidate for being pulled over, i.e. this guy has drug offenses lets go get him etc. that kind of stuff.

He did tell me though that if the blood isn't thrown out then I will most likely be doing sometime, but he said to relax and wait to see what you are being charged with. Oh and the most fun part is we are doing an experiment free of charge, his son is doing it too. He also owns a hospice/nurse care business and had them draw blood from me and his son, cool stuff. He's going to see what out lab reports say and compare it to what we are reading online, he said that way if they pull the it's a norml website and is pro cannabis we can then say we did something too. I will report back to you guys when we get our blood and lab reports, so i really am a guinea pig LOL.

Like I said I am going to try and remain calm and make this negative a positive...i.e. help raise some awareness. Also I went back to the bar to ask the bartenders if they would vouch for me driving a drunk friend home and drinking soda. Well when I went in I felt great word spreads quick, it was my old hang out and I saw so many friends I haven't seen in years. they were asking all sorts of questions and were flabbergasted to say the least when I walked them through LAWS if that's what you can call them. I have many friends here and on the boards and I realize now that I do actually have a "family" of sorts thaks everyone again.

And I promise to continue to share, also another positive, if I can't save myself I can at least help people who are unfamiliar with the law. If I have to do 72 hours it's worth it, if I get 90 days well then I'm coming out pissed.

What is happening to my home state, i used to be so proud to be a PAer and I still am proud to be a PHILLY guy, Philly is like another state and those LEOs deserve a pat on the back, they have lost some fellow officers lately, these guys are for real and I wish it had been the city cause they wouldn't have cared. But I am going to start planning my move, it could be 5 years but I'm moving somewhere legal where I can help and be helped and to enjoy myself.

Like I said it's time to walk the walk or plea...I'm gonna fight. It's my life and they have no right to take it NONE. I still can't believe this is America, I am a good person with an alcohol problem, that got me two arrests and now this might be a third. I realize people like me don't stand a chance in this enviornment, where's the rehab? where's my help? Why did I have to go out on my own to seek help? Because they don't care about us addicts we are useless, I wanna prove them wrong you know? I have two college degrees and just cause I am an addict doesn't mean I have to fear jail 24/7. I/ am tired of being a second hand citizen. I'm not as dumb as I look, LOL that's what my lawyer said in jest. he was actually impressed with what I knew, honestly made me feel important. Like I said I have limited options here, it's been really hard for me not to be arrested. a couple of the guys at the bar totally agreed, it's like an accident waiting to happen at any moment. I actually know a ton of bad dudes LOL. When you are in a room full of people and more than 50% have been arrrested it's saying something LOL.

PA sucks:eek:

Latest posts

Back