Someone found out about my grow...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
Yup, my fiance's friend was over and stumbled across my room. Which was locked last I remember. But either way, I no longer have any plants or a grow room as I do not trust her at all. It makes me sad, but Its not worth the risk. I was about to harvest too...but there shall come another time. I never would have made it so far without everyones help so thanks MP! I will continue to share the little knowledge I have where it is needed although I won't be growing myself, I will live out my dreams through all of your grows.....

Yep

Be safe!
I find if even one person knows its enough to keep you wondering at night "who have they told" then it starts to effect your sleep!!

Cheers on your smarts Friend!

How does a guest accidently roam around someone elses home accidently opening doors accidently looking in each room?

You say you thought the door was locked.

Where do you keep the key?

Could it accidently be found?

:peace:

Mutt said:
why didn't ya just harvest a lil early?
It takes time to harvest, dry, cure. I made a promise to myself in the beginning to just eradicate it if a situation that I could not control arose. These girls man run their mouth and change things around. All it takes is to get to the wrong person, if that person gets busted.. " hey I know where this guy is growing". No way, I am not the go-to-jail type of guy lol.

ozzydiodude said:
Sorry about your luck. Glad you are playing it safe, cause you know all her GF's most likely know by now. "OMG Sissy BF's grows weed, she won't have to buy any more"
Oh, exactly. Everyone knows by now for sure.

pcduck said:
Bummer :(Shockeclipse Smoking is so much more satisfying when it is your own.IME. Maybe after giving it some time you will be able to grow again:)
There will be more grows down the road I am sure of that. I am just going to have to give it some time and re-convince my girl to let me do it again.

HippyInEngland said:
How does a guest accidently roam around someone elses home accidently opening doors accidently looking in each room?

You say you thought the door was locked.

Where do you keep the key?

Could it accidently be found?

:peace:
We typically don't confine our guests to certain ares but she didn't have any reason to be where she was (did I mention I didn't trust her) I have a key on my keys, and there is one in our safe. I was not home so I am not sure what happened. I always lock it, maybe I didn't click the lock down hard enough so It may have just looked locked. It just goes to show that you need to be careful and cover all your bases.

An old term i once heard was ..When you marry the fiance you marry the friends ! And i'm still married ??? Yes i question myself ! But the good side of my sad story is that all of my wifes freinds are or were smokers and don't care that i grow ! They try and tell me how i should grow !! My sad story begins with Nosey neighbours that just love peering through any little gaps in my fence !! Hahahaha but i have my plants back at home now after 2 weeks of having to remove them and a visit from leo ! But you have done the right thing shockeclipse imo ! Think of it as ...its better to know what you've lost rather than what you could of got !

Shockeclipse said:
Yeah, I am very optimistic and its hard for me to remain mad for very long. This just frees me up to start desig ing the perfect grow room for next time.

With a little more subterfuge, security, and a clear understanding with your little lady as to who is and who is'nt welcome in the home and wich parts of the home are off limits to guests, no matter how close they are.
You're much more understanding and cordial than I could ever be. I'm a fairly laid back guy, but if someone was snooping around my home, regardless of any legal considderations, I would freak out. It would not happen a second time. The girlfriend/wife would think long and hard before inviting anyone even slightly snoopy into the home. This so-called friend violated her trust as well.
You probably did the most sensible thing you could given the situation. Best of luck to you in future grow endeavors.

That sucks. Hope you banned her from your house.
Ive had to ban a couple of the wifes friends in the past. And shes banned a few of mine.

Always tried to respect that with each other. If comfort isnt felt by both when someones around. Dont let them come around.
Even if it is embarrassing when I have to tell someone. "Uh, my wife says we cant play at my house anymore."

Sorry about your situation but thankfully it wasn't a detective that found out. You are a very wise man. You know you're doing the right thing bud. Kudos to you for having common sense. Many don't and later regret it. If you are certain that she knew about your grow room I'd suggest having your fiance' "slip" and mention somehow that you quit growing for some reason or another so that she sees it as something in the past and if she's ever busted for anything she won't have that card to play. I have a buddy who had to shut down his grow in the spring from lose lips. His wife's male cousin and wife used to come over and get high and somehow from carelessness the wife learned that the weed they were smoking was being grown there. This wasn't a problem for quite a while... Years... Until the wife decided to go on a prescription drug bender and take off with a dude and commit robberies in a three state area... So.... Needless to say my bud shut it down because he had NO faith in her holding her tongue once they were in custody for their crime spree...

I had a possible security compromise about 4 years ago and I dropped off the face of the growing world overnight. I had a good buddy in another city stash and store all of my grow gear until this past spring when I finally had a new pad and a personal situation that presented no threats. I tried to log on to OG and the AN forums only to find out they were gone... I'm very happy to be growing again but I'd pull the plug in a minute if there were any issues involving security.

Hang in there... You can always grow another day if you keep clean... Green Mojo to you and high hopes that you don't have to lay low too long.

Good Luck!:eek:

You are a brave man shockeclipse i don't think i could have chopped and trashed as you have done saying that you have a lot to lose i only have my freedom and dignity.

lol

Well done shock for using your common sense and i look forward to and wish you luck with your next venture whatever it may be.

Time4Plan-B

Or you may wish to go to extremes shockeclipse . And ask your fiance to inform this nosey freind that you ripped out your plants and swapped them for a sack of crack and 1/2 a pound of herion because you are dilusional and paraniod schzophenic now due to her going through your house and taking other items which you have treasured for years because you are diagnosed as a cleptomaniac and she stole your collection of Ray Charles and Mahut Maghandi and she has caused you great pain and suffering and marijauna just does'nt cut it any more !

SPEARCHUCKER said:
That sucks. Hope you banned her from your house.
Ive had to ban a couple of the wifes friends in the past. And shes banned a few of mine.

Always tried to respect that with each other. If comfort isnt felt by both when someones around. Dont let them come around.
Even if it is embarrassing when I have to tell someone. "Uh, my wife says we cant play at my house anymore."
She already knows I don't like this girl. She won't be coming around anymore.

Time4Plan-B said:
You are a brave man shockeclipse i don't think i could have chopped and trashed as you have done saying that you have a lot to lose i only have my freedom and dignity.

lol

Well done shock for using your common sense and i look forward to and wish you luck with your next venture whatever it may be.

Time4Plan-B
Freedom is pretty friggin important man. If your in the states...cherish it, because the way things are headed its slowely going bye-bye. Without freedom what do you have?

Latest posts

Back