Sopappy's grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown "hue" is general fine and can be attributed to nutrient stain :aok:

Great to hear things are going well man!! :D

Popping in to see......your in good hands pappy, Doc taught me everything I know, he is the one that talked my into my first hydro and helped me through it the whole way, listen to him he will have you growing like a pro.

Popping in to see......your in good hands pappy, Doc taught me everything I know, he is the one that talked my into my first hydro and helped me through it the whole way, listen to him he will have you growing like a pro.

Aww shucks Kraven :D

HAAHAHAH be careful with that H2O2!!! That stuff freaks me out when I get it on my skin! lol I try very hard not to :aok:

HAAHAHAH be careful with that H2O2!!! That stuff freaks me out when I get it on my skin! lol I try very hard not to :aok:

that and bleach. I will not even touch the containers without gloves on now.<br/>
it should be in a plastic bags like that drain cleaner acid, that scares you, I got the **** on my hands carrying the jug to the counter!! It's vented or some crap! <br/>
What a soft, girly smooth skin surface, no grip, awful. You see white, it's too late hahaha aaarrrggghh<br/>

Last edited:
lol!!!!

Trust me.. I'm not laughing at you. WITH you on this one hah!

Out of the pot and in to the fire... I'm going to try mainlining these two a la groweedeasy. <br/>
It was downright painful removing all that growth<br/>
The one on the right was the size of the one on the left (grew 6 nodes, topped at 3rd)<br/)
I'll clear below 3rd soon. The two in background: On left, sits in pee, right, air. Both top fed MINIMUM morning & lunch, in to buckets soon.<br>

View attachment before.JPG

View attachment mainline.jpg

aaaaaarghhhhh worst trimming nightmare I've ever had, I don't think I even want to weigh this one hahaha but, on the bright side, I am growing stuff in there :) and it's the nicest shake I've ever collected with so much flufff and smallish buds far too frustrating to trim.

View attachment shake.JPG

on the other hand, sorry to see these on my mainlining effort.... this is that epsom salt thing, right? magnesium deficiency, The leaves come off because of the LST, and the remaining ones look fine (so far) Will proper pH eventually fix this or do I go with Epsom salts?

View attachment leaves.jpg

View attachment 100_0989.jpg

Yep, great place, there's always someone willing to jump in and help out.
That h2O2 took fingerprints off my right hand hahaha but I couldn't wash that pythium out so I transplanted them in to dirt and harvesting shortly.
But I'm off to a good start this time though.... thanks to you, Doc, THG, 13, wh, etc etc! a good bunch here

yikes what happened pappy, dem leaves up top look a wee bit locked out?

yikes what happened pappy, dem leaves up top look a wee bit locked out?

Locked out? That's pH, right? I was hoping it was the magnesium deficiency Epsom salt thing. I did have trouble with pH though so you're likely right. What can I do other than just try to correct the pH which I'm hoping I did today. (it's 5.7 now, dirt is 6.4)

5.7 and 6.4 are dead on for pH. Dunno what happened on the leaves, need to see what nutes your using, may be a deficiency, it looks like a pH issue, it does not like rapid changes nor jumping around, it needs to be a slow and steady rise from 5.7 to 6.2 over a few days to a week depending on res size, hydro happens fast so damage is done very quickly.

5.7 and 6.4 are dead on for pH. Dunno what happened on the leaves, need to see what nutes your using, may be a deficiency, it looks like a pH issue, it does not like rapid changes nor jumping around, it needs to be a slow and steady rise from 5.7 to 6.2 over a few days to a week depending on res size, hydro happens fast so damage is done very quickly.

Only thing different is I'm using mycorrhizae this go on account of my pythium nightmare.
I AM fiddling too much with the pH though, no ramp and got confused doing dirt and water at same time :-(
lots of okay looking roots though, I'm hoping that brown is nutes or the Myco stuff, I'll take a picture.
you sure I can't just toss in some epsom salts?

Dunno pappy, is it a mg issue ? hard to tell till i can see the whole plant in natural light. Where are you getting the Epsom salts? are you running a modified Lucas where your using GH micro/bloom 6/9ml gal w a tsp. of Epsom salts during the first 2 weeks of flower, if so that a pretty advanced feeding regimen. What has you convinced this is a mg issue its more than likely the pH fell out of range locking out the available mg, but i still don't know what your feeding and when,how much?

Dunno pappy, is it a mg issue ? hard to tell till i can see the whole plant in natural light. Where are you getting the Epsom salts? are you running a modified Lucas where your using GH micro/bloom 6/9ml gal w a tsp. of Epsom salts during the first 2 weeks of flower, if so that a pretty advanced feeding regimen. What has you convinced this is a mg issue its more than likely the pH fell out of range locking out the available mg, but i still don't know what your feeding and when,how much?

As long as you don't see pythium, I'm happy.
I think you're right and it is a pH issue locking out MG, I haven't tried epsom, I'm hoping right pH fixes things.

I forgot the pictures of the plant. They both look pretty good as the leaves were removed a la mainlining. I do see small brown spots on one fan leaf.

Nobody has ever heard of my nutes, I might switch.
I also innoc'd roots with Myco stuff and added micro-nutrients, I might be heavy on the nutes too. Seems to me they're drinking but not eating more than the light. ppms don't change.
fun and games, thanks for having a look !!

Nobody has ever heard of my nutes, I might switch.
I also innoc'd roots with Myco stuff and added micro-nutrients, I might be heavy on the nutes too. Seems to me they're drinking but not eating more than the light. ppms don't change.
fun and games, thanks for having a look !!

lol.. ok. Stop, buy good nute line (GH 3 part Flora / Dutch Master Gold / Technaflora / Jungle Juice) immediately, if not sooner. Soon as you get it, dump your res and reset with a real nute line.

Do base nutes and epsom (or a quality cal-mag from, say, GH) and that's it! Don't mess with all the snake oils. Some Myco stuff is great when used properly. Let's get you on a K.I.S.S. method ("Keep It Simple Stupid")

....nobody has heard of your nutes.. wow. I thought to ask you just about an hour ago trying to sort your issue, but figured you were on GH.. I don't know why I just assumed. Fix that issue, don't mess around with a piss poor nutrient. :aok:

Latest posts

Back