Speeding cameras...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shockeclipse

1000w Of Love
Reaction score
I just found out I got caught by a speeding camera a month or so ago. 34 in a 25. Has anyone gotten one of these before? I generally do not go more than 5 over so I do not trust this. Anyone got any advice on this? Fight or pay its 90 bucks.......... Its like a primitive robocop I don't like it.

take it to court. those things dont hold up. Ask to see the footage, and claim that someone was driving your car. Unless they get your face you can get em thrown out.

I've had friends get clocked by em, and they always get out of em with that excuse.

or just pay it.

I got caught by the toll both camera several months ago and we have the intersection cams all over the place down here in FL. Get the yellow pages out and call a traffic lawyer :). I'm guessing it's going to be difficult to argue with a high speed camera. The Mythbusters did a show on them (but the Archimedes Death Ray show was better).

I had the city of Chicago track me down TWO FULL YEARS after I flew down for a friend's wedding because I ran a toll booth in my rental car. Fine was like $50. I just paid it even though I don't live anywhere near Illinois. Figure it isn't worth the headache, and when you go to pay your insurance premium they check for crap like that.

ArtVandolay said:
Get the yellow pages out and call a traffic lawyer :). I'm guessing it's going to be difficult to argue with a high speed camera.

Do you think a traffic lawyer would be less then the $90 it takes to pay off the ticket? :p

Just showing up to the case will most likely get you probation for 6 months or so.
What I always did.
Better than your insurance going up. If you dont have points to spare.
If you have the max points. Just pay it.
(here we have a point system, dont know if thats everywhere or not)

My stepmother-in-law was tracked down for speeding in a different state in someone else's car (not a rental). Yeah a 65 year-old hell-raising hippy.

Now she is paranoid that they are watching everything she is doing with those cameras. Which might be good because it has caused her to curb drinking a little wine and then smoke a joint on the drive home.

I actually fought a "camera" ticket and won. Noone showed up from the "cops" side to argue the camera. Case dismissed.

I also bought a new Radar detector/jammer, works like a charm, it's all stealth and is mounted behind my truck grill, not a windsheild model. I have had it 2 weeks now and it has warned me at least 10 times so far.

Pay the ticket, that way you look like a law abiding person, that made a mistake admitted to it and just when on with life. beside any lawyer you talk to will charge a couple 100 to just look at it.

King Bud said:
Pay the fine, and quit speeding.
I don't speee like that ever, I figure it must have been a transition I didn't notice right away. When I think about it, the road I got it on doesn't have any 25 mile an hour zones that I ever noticed. I am gong to pay it, but this is something that I think is completely wrong, camera Leo's suck.

Latest posts

Back