SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to self: never use the bag of soil stored in the garage that I forgot to close. Identified “those white spots” @RosterMan on two leaves on one of the plants in my veg tent. I had not only reused soil but also used the opened bag of soil knowing at the time that it wasn’t that great of an idea. Should have gone with my instinct. I don’t think it was the reuse of the soil as much as the exposed to the elements of my garage soil. Anyway, I removed the two offending leaves and treated everything in the tent with the lost coast dimming the lights while it dried. I will do this again for the next three days. Although I didn’t see any problems in the auto tent, I treated them as well as I water both tents simultaneously and don’t know if I had any hitchhikers along the way

edited: thrip action in both tents…

If it were not for my friends on this site, I would have never seen this or recognized the problem this far in advance
View attachment 324382
this is the veg tent. It’s holding my inside plants and the outside plants I still need to sex. The tent is growing nicely aside from the bugs but I will get rid of those pesky things. I’m hoping for four females for my backyard this summer Out of the bunch in the red cups. Any other girls in the bunch will be giveaways.
View attachment 324383
here’s what the auto tent looks like. I’m telling you, those autos are really fun to grow. They grow incredibly fast and some are already showing signs of early flower at only about 3 weeks old I think. Don’t have my notes in front of me. I’m gonna have to give them a little more room so they are fighting now hard for their space in the tent. All of them are beautiful. I’ll just probably put The extras outside since the weather is getting nice and they don’t need special lighting.
View attachment 324384
a few closeups of the autos
View attachment 324385
View attachment 324388
View attachment 324387
I have too now
What are those white spots?

Glad you got it in plenty of time. You have come a Long Way Baby
\
1681163603658.png

Updating the “other tent”. This tent will grow out my four Godfather OG photo feminized plants but now they are sharing a space with the outdoor plants for the spring. I’m hoping to get four females of different strains to grow outside this summer. Any other females will be giveaways to some lucky folks in the area.

this is the start of week two. The red cups are the kids I need to sex. Hope I can figure it out before they outgrow the space. Risk taking here I think…😊
View attachment 324023
Dang, you have that seedling stage down! Mine always go from a nice looking seedling then get ugly before I get them to spring back. What is the secret? More humidity maybe?
Looks great! Excited to see them grow up for the final chop!

The banana TK clones I made from larger clones all rooted real nice. I put them all in solo cups and under a plant light in my spare room for a couple weeks till I give them away. My friends are putting dibs in for them already So I know they have homes.
View attachment 324389

View attachment 324390
How long did your clones take to show roots? Mine are in same medium, on day 6. Nothing yet.

How long did your clones take to show roots? Mine are in same medium, on day 6. Nothing yet.
Haha. I make clones better when I don’t count the days. I think they have been in the hotbox for about 8-10 days. Some of the roots were pretty long already. Probably should have planted them a couple days ago but they will be fine I’m sure.
I use the root riot plugs and a little clonex

Dang, you have that seedling stage down! Mine always go from a nice looking seedling then get ugly before I get them to spring back. What is the secret? More humidity maybe?
Looks great! Excited to see them grow up for the final chop!
You should see very little if any plant fade with clones or seedlings. Start with water temp.....upper 70's and ph low 6's. I recommend R/O water but if only tap is available let it sit for 24 hrs.

the beginning of week three in my outside plant tent so I thought I’d take a peek at the little plants to see if possibly anyone was showing signs of sex yet. With the exception of a couple plants in each strain group being taller (leading me to think maybe male) no evident signs so far. I did notice that the snow leopard plants have super tight node spacing. I mean maybe a 1/4 inch right on top of each other with the exception of two from that same group with regular node spacing and about 4” taller (those maybe males but we shall see). I’ve always hated when my node spacing was really far apart as it felt like wasted space on the stem to me. I’ve never had node spacing this close. Just the strain maybe? I forgot who else was growing bigs snow leopard but I remember at least one of our friends are. @bigsur51 do you remember this trait in your outside plants?

most look like this
280E0D71-EDA5-4758-BA2B-43ADCE6ABB0C.jpeg

the taller ones from the same group
AF2B8BDB-4BFD-4B8E-BBA9-C6213BCDF915.jpeg

my LEDs are about 24 “ away and there are several other strains the same age in this tent without this issue.

yes , close internodes

in fact she is a beast and by that i mean the ones outdoors never got taller than about 5’ feet but………

the circumference was off the hook with a diameter somewhere between 10’ and 15’ feet

she would be perfect for a sea of green in a tent

big fat colas too and very hearty

i left one out extra long , i just shook the snow off and the sun came out and it was above freezing and the plant was harvested the next day

Snow Leopard indeed.

F8D82987-FC1F-4259-BEAC-BACD806871EE.jpeg

yes , close internodes

in fact she is a beast and by that i mean the ones outdoors never got taller than about 5’ feet but………

the circumference was off the hook with a diameter somewhere between 10’ and 15’ feet

she would be perfect for a sea of green in a tent

big fat colas too and very hearty

i left one out extra long , i just shook the snow off and the sun came out and it was above freezing and the plant was harvested the next day

Snow Leopard indeed.

View attachment 324706
Ok then. I have the perfect place for her with a lot of of room for a short fat plant. Thats if she’s gonna identify as a female. I planted 5 seeds and need one healthy female. Thanx big

Smart to wait until today on the veggies. I lost most of my okra and it's starting to look like several pepper plants in the frost earlier in the week. Going to fill up another seedling tray, and hopefully put them out when I get back in 10 days.

Smart to wait until today on the veggies. I lost most of my okra and it's starting to look like several pepper plants in the frost earlier in the week. Going to fill up another seedling tray, and hopefully put them out when I get back in 10 days.
iplanted my peppers a couple weeks ago. They made it thru that last freeze we had

Put two of the autos outside today making more room for the ones in the tent. We have been having some beautiful days lately so I’m taking a chance that they will do ok. Chocolate Mint on the left and Purple Lemonade on the right. I’m keeping them under the Eve for a few days till they get use to the change.

since you aren’t suppose to transplant autos and I wanted to use these outdoor pots I put the whole 3 gallon pot in the big pot and surrounded it with soil. I hope this didn’t harm them…

0D8C7C57-2C5A-436E-9425-3CC3D319E155.jpeg

Your planters are always awesome. Plants too but I get a chuckle out of seeing weed in nice planters.

Latest posts

Back