SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a version of shadenfreud…
1661263070560.png

I thought I might try and pull some pollen off of that boy just for the experience but you are probably right. Don’t need more problems with my outside girls. Will consider termination.
You could just keep it in your garage or something until it makes pods with pollen. It doesn't need ideal growing conditions or anything. Actually, less light will probably hasten the process.

You could just keep it in your garage or something until it makes pods with pollen. It doesn't need ideal growing conditions or anything. Actually, less light will probably hasten the process.
I really have no use for the pollen. Just thought I’ve never had a male plant before it may be fun to experiment with but maybe playing with fire. I’ve already lost one outside plant and another one is looking sad. Would actually be happy if one of the 2 left did well.

@bigsur51 i let a couple peppers get red or actually brownish red to harvest the seeds for you and GMO. When they ripen up the skin gets tough and woody not my favorite way. I like them big and green the best I think. They are loaded down with more peppers than I can use. I’m picking them over my head now. I guess I’ll be doing some pickled peppers for the winter.
the sweet banana peppers and bell peppers are also filled to the brim with fruit. Im thinking this bed has just what it needs to grow peppers.

View attachment 306785View attachment 306786

wow!

your veggies look awesome!

I cannot imagine jalapeños that tall!

mine are barely 2’ foot tall

but they are loaded , I’ll try and take a photo soon

i can see tall jalapeños and marigolds in next years garden

I really have no use for the pollen. Just thought I’ve never had a male plant before it may be fun to experiment with but maybe playing with fire. I’ve already lost one outside plant and another one is looking sad. Would actually be happy if one of the 2 left did well.
Pollen is fun to have around. I keep some in old vitamin containers with a small desiccant pack in the container. It will keep for a while in your fridge. Not sure how long though. You can use a small paint brush to pollinate a single bud site(with the fans off). Then you can make whacky crosses.

Pollen is fun to have around. I keep some in old vitamin containers with a small desiccant pack in the container. It will keep for a while in your fridge. Not sure how long though. You can use a small paint brush to pollinate a single bud site(with the fans off). Then you can make whacky crosses.
I guess I’m gonna toss it with the bud rot plant tomorrow. I’m to new to take such chances. I still love the freaks and hope to have a couple more next year just because I like the look of them. Not expecting much of a buzz but I like the look along with the marigolds. Hopefully my other plant is a female and she finishes up her grow this fall. Looking forward to watching that ******. Hopefully crash wil have luck on his feminized seeds so I can have a couple without worry of male or female.

Update time on the outdoor grow…
well I guess I’m batting 500 so to speak on my 4 outside plants. I ended up throwing away the plant with bloom rot. It is the plant that started blooming the day I put it out. Never really re vegged just kept making blooms. Unfortunately our humid weather rain and my ignorance of how to manage it lost me that plant. I probably could have saved part of it anyway but the buds looked not so pretty and I worried about any mold I couldn’t see as I use these plants also for medicine for my son in law who is fighting cancer.
the second plant in line to collapse is my beautiful Josie plant which I have not been able to figure out what happened to her. Her leaves started yellowing randomly and then everyday more yellow leaves until all her leaves were yellow. I thought it was PH but I checked the soil and drain off and it was acceptable. I even cut the bottom of the pot out thinking I would find slimy roots but no and no bugs either. Now I’m forced to see this plant looking like this when I walk out on my porch. i will try to trim off the yellow leaves but they are not quite dead and have to each be cut out as they are holding on strong to the buds. The plant has super strong elastic type leaves and I’ve always needed trimmers to trim it as the thumb method does not work on her.
7DDD01FD-981B-48E9-9210-5D4A36C0F1C7.jpeg

5C2B75DF-356C-4293-9EA5-22FAB85134C4.jpeg

you can see the buds are still green but maybe not for long. I gave it flower nutes along with my other plants today anyway in a last ditch effort to save her.

Latest posts

Back