SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 306722i cut the bottom out and there is no apparent rotting of the soil. In fact it does not appear to be over watered at all. For now I laid it back where it was with no bottom. May still do a hard PH up on her tho as my plants in pots tend to drop in PH to around 5.0. I’ll try to catch some runoff now to see what I’m getting…
Someone on here had instructions on checking soil pH a couple months ago. Maybe it was a ‘slurry test’?even a cookie sheet under it might catch enough run off to test. I agree with you that the roots look fine so I think your initial gut feeling about pH is probably the correct theory. Is there a lot of peat in your soil? Peat degrades and gets acidic over time.

yes so sorry about the plant

good conversation

dam it , Swede has me hooked up like a balky mule faunching at the bits

coffee break but now I gotta get to rolling and caulking

you Sherlock Holmes people have got this fingered out!
We are waiting for The Option of the Gods

Ma
Sorry about your lady sub. I am curious as to whats going on here. Could it be something in the genetics?
maybe but I don’t think so. This plant was one of the strongest healthy plants I’ve grown. The leaves are even extra tough on this plant as well as the clones I took off her. Like they have elastic in them I need to use my clippers and not my thumbs to clip them off. She drinks a lot more than my other two outside plants maybe twice as much and always has since she was a pup.

Someone on here had instructions on checking soil pH a couple months ago. Maybe it was a ‘slurry test’?even a cookie sheet under it might catch enough run off to test. I agree with you that the roots look fine so I think your initial gut feeling about pH is probably the correct theory. Is there a lot of peat in your soil? Peat degrades and gets acidic over time.
Yes I can get a run off now I will test it today. There is some peat as the organic mix I used for these needed extra. I’ve move on from that mix as it caused thrips in my tent but did not have that problem with it outside. The soil feels really good nothing like I expected

I had a plant do something similar but not as bad this year\
I used a soil I made from compost gathered last year may not have been broken down enough. Every time I add nutes to the soil that plant acts like I over fed her severely.
A slurry test is a good way to good
Look on Youtube on soil slurry test it will walk you right through it.
Like the soil water settle before taking PH reading.

Yes I can get a run off now I will test it today. There is some peat as the organic mix I used for these needed extra. I’ve move on from that mix as it caused thrips in my tent but did not have that problem with it outside. The soil feels really good nothing like I expected
Every grow is an adventure. Growing outside makes it even more so…

Subbie
Is that the same plant that revegged weird early on
No the plant that re vegged early was the one that got some bloom rot. I pulled the rot off but still plan to trash that plant as I don’t trust it even tho the buds are big just haven’t done it yet. It’s on the other side of the yard waiting on trash day.

No the plant that re vegged early was the one that got some bloom rot. I pulled the rot off but still plan to trash that plant as I don’t trust it even tho the buds are big just haven’t done it yet. It’s on the other side of the yard waiting on trash day.
Lucky trash collectors. They will think you are tossing out a skunk carcas…

That plant is very tempting to keep. it smells really good as the other one dosidos on my porch. I’m glad I had another one.
I have trimmed off bud rot in the past and kept the rest of the plant. Didn’t find any rot in any of the buds after drying and curing. I understand your caution though. You don’t have a lack of known good bud and with your son-in-law’s condition, it is probably the right thing to do.

That plant is very tempting to keep. it smells really good as the other one dosidos on my porch. I’m glad I had another one.
If only a few buds are showing signs trim them off and leave the good ones
I have cut bud rot buds off all my plants at harvest time where I am .
Sucs Hot humid and rain last month of flower .
The unaffected buds come out fine , I break them down to small buds before drying and look for anything that looks like Rot.

I have trimmed off bud rot in the past and kept the rest of the plant. Didn’t find any rot in any of the buds after drying and curing. I understand your caution though. You don’t have a lack of known good bud and with your son-in-law’s condition, it is probably the right thing to do.
That’s why it hasn’t made the garbage yet. I don’t see anymore rot but the buds are weird looking some tite and some fluffy because of the re vegging thing so I decided not to take any chances.

Just one more guess; I had a plant that looked like that once. Turned out to be those peaky little moss gnat's larva. Moss gnats are tiny, and their little grubs are even tinier. The roots had a slightly yellow look to 'em.

I'd save the plant that had the bud rot, though. Once dried, it might be fine, but if you're still nervous about it, make a tincture or butter outta it. The heat making butter would kill any mold, and the alcohol in a tincture would do the same.

Just one more guess; I had a plant that looked like that once. Turned out to be those peaky little moss gnat's larva. Moss gnats are tiny, and their little grubs are even tinier. The roots had a slightly yellow look to 'em.

I'd save the plant that had the bud rot, though. Once dried, it might be fine, but if you're still nervous about it, make a tincture or butter outta it. The heat making butter would kill any mold, and the alcohol in a tincture would do the same.
That’s an idea alcohol would kill everything I think. It’s been on its own for about three weeks with no maintenance. I’ll take a look at it today.

I haven’t had any bug problems at all. I do have armies of assassin bugs and a couple spiders that take care of them I think so far anyway. I’ve scoped the leaves for anything weird since they started turning yellow A couple weeks ago. Found nothing yet and no problem with gnats either only on my inside grows.

I had a plant do something similar but not as bad this year\
I used a soil I made from compost gathered last year may not have been broken down enough. Every time I add nutes to the soil that plant acts like I over fed her severely.
A slurry test is a good way to good
Look on Youtube on soil slurry test it will walk you right through it.
Like the soil water settle before taking PH reading.
OK Back Did the slurry test in middle of fab/bag after mixing and letting it set 2 hrs it just measured out at 6.5. so it could be my nutes , some are old.

I haven’t had any bug problems at all. I do have armies of assassin bugs and a couple spiders that take care of them I think so far anyway. I’ve scoped the leaves for anything weird since they started turning yellow A couple weeks ago. Found nothing yet and no problem with gnats either only on my inside grows.
Would be pretty badass if you did what you could to make a perfect environment for assassin bugs, they would pretty much take care of all your problems. That and predatory nematodes will absolutely destroy any gnats, it's their primary food source. You can actually buy predatory nematodes in little viles and to spread them over your plants, they are part of a beneficial microbe community is what they are considered.

Latest posts

Back