SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not saying it is, but could you have over watered her thinking she was very thirsty, when in fact the soil had not dried out yet? I was almost thinking the plants roots may be affected now.
I was thinking the same thing. Overwatering can cause the roots to die and the plant starves. A felt pot sitting on soil may not have been allowing the bottom to dry out so the bottom soil remained wet. I think anaerobic bacteria grow in wet soil(thus rosters question about smell). @Slab has these grates in his posts that might help get the pot up off the soil. The reason the plants on the deck in pans are not showing a similar symptom could be due to the deck heating up a bit and drying the soil more than the plant in the ground. Wet soil and the bacteria that likes that can make the soil acidic also which would lock out nutrient uptake. I am just spitballing here and it may be too far gone which is sad. You take such good care of your plants and have your growing ‘going on’ well. The degradation of the plant do quickly surprises me. I feel badly for you.

I was thinking the same thing. Overwatering can cause the roots to die and the plant starves. A felt pot sitting on soil may not have been allowing the bottom to dry out so the bottom soil remained wet. I think anaerobic bacteria grow in wet soil(thus rosters question about smell). @Slab has these grates in his posts that might help get the pot up off the soil. The reason the plants on the deck in pans are not showing a similar symptom could be due to the deck heating up a bit and drying the soil more than the plant in the ground. Wet soil and the bacteria that likes that can make the soil acidic also which would lock out nutrient uptake. I am just spitballing here and it may be too far gone which is sad. You take such good care of your plants and have your growing ‘going on’ well. The degradation of the plant do quickly surprises me. I feel badly for you.
Well Im not all smiles for her over here

Not saying it is, but could you have over watered her thinking she was very thirsty, when in fact the soil had not dried out yet? I was almost thinking the plants roots may be affected now.
Yes when I watered it the pot was very light. She was definitely drinking it up till this past week

I’m sure of that. The roots are definitely not responding now. The yellow leaves started a couple weeks ago. I fed her the week before. I think my PH fell hard after that last feed. I couldn’t get enough run off but nothing smells weird under the pot. Thought about making a few extra holes in the pots lower parts to help drain the soil more. I’m use to the pot being light every few days. If I would forget to water, she would let me know quick by wilting some crying for water. I’m sure I didn’t over water though.

I will get it off the ground somehow. That’s a good idea. The felt pot on the ground may be the cause Fogey. Nothing else makes sense.

Are you a paranoid crackhead? ;)
Notice how that guy attacked just me and not the others
I would say he be a scaredy cat LOL
giphy.gif

I will get it off the ground somehow. That’s a good idea. The felt pot on the ground may be the cause Fogey. Nothing else makes sense.
After writing this, I realized my Freaks are in felt pots on the ground. I move the pots several times a day though to follow the sun so maybe that helps them. I know I’m the past, I have had felt pots sitting in one spot all summer long and the roots have grown right thru the pots into the soil beneath so that may have helped them.

I could cut the bottom out of the felt pot to get a look at whats going on down there. It’s a 25 gallon pot but I could prepare the ground under it with some peat and perlite to help it maybe what do you think?
Not sure you are pretty far into flower now correct it may shock the heck out of her and you would be stuck with a dying hermi too.

If you do do it , I have seen people cut the fab pots of by cutting straight down the side ,peeling it open and slipping out around root ball. Then slid it into a preprepared hole next to it when you peel it.

That way you can stitch the pot back up and use again...............

I could cut the bottom out of the felt pot to get a look at whats going on down there. It’s a 25 gallon pot but I could prepare the ground under it with some peat and perlite to help it maybe what do you think?
Maybe just perlite. I didn’t think of that but it is a good idea.

It can be stressful to be a freak…
Been a freak since '68 and proud of it.
You could stick it on a pile of rocks or anything that'll get it off the ground to aid in drainage, if that's the problem.

BDF6D5A1-D627-4178-B9A7-F97D91A347AF.jpeg
i cut the bottom out and there is no apparent rotting of the soil. In fact it does not appear to be over watered at all. For now I laid it back where it was with no bottom. May still do a hard PH up on her tho as my plants in pots tend to drop in PH to around 5.0. I’ll try to catch some runoff now to see what I’m getting…

yes so sorry about the plant

good conversation

dam it , Swede has me hooked up like a balky mule faunching at the bits

coffee break but now I gotta get to rolling and caulking

you Sherlock Holmes people have got this fingered out!

Latest posts

Back