SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gelatin is good for the knees. Old body builder secret. I used to suck down one sugar free Jello packet every night, which works but tastes disgusting. A few years ago I started making protein gummies with the same pack of Jello added to some beef gelatin. But even the single pack of Jello worked well enough that everyone I know who's tried it could tell the difference on the second day.
Ok crash. I’m gonna try your body builder secret. My Knox gelatin was delivered to my porch when I woke up this morning so a gave it a go (day one). That some nasty s#it tho. I read to mix it in something warm so it blends in. Didn’t want to ruin my taste for coffee so I made a decaf tea with splenda and got it just hot enough where I could drink down it fast. If it works even a little, it will be worth it. When I went to wash that cup I made it in, the sides were covered in slime I then wondered if this would effect my day but all was good. Even drank beer and ate nachos later. I’ll let you know if it works

we are gonna try and make some salve from devils claw and then add some DMSO and apply to achy joints
I tried the DMSO years ago when I had a bad ankle. I really don’t remember if it helped but it would be worth trying again. I remember you saying it was helping Sweed (I don’t think I spelled that right..) I think I bought it at a feed store last time as I think it was sold for horses. I will look for it.

Yes, that Metamucil slimes up the cup too. I drink it down quick too. I wonder if there is gelatin in it. I need to find a tolerable way to get it down 😁
Have you ever made Knox Blocks? They are delicious. You could make them with sugar free gelatin to eliminate some of the calories. I haven’t made them since my kids were young but the recipes I found call for 3 packages of regular Jello and 4 packages of Knox gelatin. So if you eat 1/7 of a batch, you should get essentially 1 serving/package of gelatin.

Have you ever made Knox Blocks? They are delicious. You could make them with sugar free gelatin to eliminate some of the calories. I haven’t made them since my kids were young but the recipes I found call for 3 packages of regular Jello and 4 packages of Knox gelatin. So if you eat 1/7 of a batch, you should get essentially 1 serving/package of gelatin.
Will look at some recipes. I thought about mixing the flavored unsweetened jello in the mix just to kill some of the dead cow taste. That’s all I can seem to think of when I try to get it down without heaving and gagging. Just want to used as little liquid I can so I don’t have to drink/eat much.

Will look at some recipes. I thought about mixing the flavored unsweetened jello in the mix just to kill some of the dead cow taste. That’s all I can seem to think of when I try to get it down without heaving and gagging. Just want to used as little liquid I can so I don’t have to drink/eat much.
That's why I only drank the sugar free Jello packs. Unflavored gelatin is pretty nasty tasting by itself.

That's why I only drank the sugar free Jello packs. Unflavored gelatin is pretty nasty tasting by itself.
Well that’s what I ended up getting the nasty Knox ones. I mixed it this morning again hot water but not to hot to try and gulp down in a couple shots. This time I put a half of pack of one of those sugar free lemon aid that makes one glass That my grandkids drink. Was better than yesterdays tea but I still tasted the dead cows. Is there the same amount of gelatin in the sugar free jello box?

Well that’s what I ended up getting the nasty Knox ones. I mixed it this morning again hot water but not to hot to try and gulp down in a couple shots. This time I put a half of pack of one of those sugar free lemon aid that makes one glass That my grandkids drink. Was better than yesterdays tea but I still tasted the dead cows. Is there the same amount of gelatin in the sugar free jello box?
I think the Jello boxes I used to drink every night were 0.3 Oz. I use that size with another 0.6 Oz of beef gelatin mixed with, I think 1/3 cup water. I heat that until melted and dropper it into molds for protein gummies.

My wife swears by this stuff for joint pain
B8C858E9-1B1C-470D-BFFA-5402DCCDF5BD.jpeg

I tried the DMSO years ago when I had a bad ankle. I really don’t remember if it helped but it would be worth trying again. I remember you saying it was helping Sweed (I don’t think I spelled that right..) I think I bought it at a feed store last time as I think it was sold for horses. I will look for it.

https://www.jefferspet.com/dmso-gel-4oz/p

I have the Metamucil capsules I like the powder better. It's not cheap stuff. Part of my intestine is smaller than the rest. It's a *****. Metamucil is a must. Tuff getting old. Lets dance.

WeedHopper I can't fine where to start a new thread i look all over. Can you help me out?

Hope you are enjoying your day even if it's at work.:)

This stuff works really well. You have to buy it internationally though. A buddy of mine(an old submarine nuke tech) had ne get him some while I was in Taiwan years back. His knees kill him. I tried it on my shoulder and hip and it was awesome. It absorbs thru the skin and works in under a minute. Teiria gel is the name of it in Taiwan. Etofenamate is the active ingredient.

https://www.drugs.com/international/etofenamate.html

Latest posts

Back