SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we are really happy about the lack of worms and caterpillars this season , thanks to the Bt and Bt with Spinosad

once a week or about every 10 days right up to the beginning of flower

Bt also knocked back the aphids this season

looks like we might start harvesting this week

or , we may wait two more weeks. 🤡🤡🤡
I always use BT every other week along with Potassium Bicarbonate spray bi weekly , My Catties are almost nil. I found one tiny one weeks ago and none since.
The Catties will decimate your plants near end of grow unless controlled,
I am at the point I have to watch for WPM (white Mold) and Rot caused by moisture inside the bud and not Catties boring inside them, Both have cause rot in the past for me.
\
1663765224378.png

The worst kind
1663765261152.png

I guess the Spinasod helped my cat population. Was really surprised that bugs is not what took me down. I didn't have to spray as often as I had a lot of good bugs in my yard that helped me out there. I know they can take a plant down tho. I saw four plants last weekend. They only thing nice about them was the cute little inchworms all over them… I’m glad I didn’t have that issue

I guess the Spinasod helped my cat population. Was really surprised that bugs is not what took me down. I didn't have to spray as often as I had a lot of good bugs in my yard that helped me out there. I know they can take a plant down tho. I saw four plants last weekend. They only thing nice about them was the cute little inchworms all over them… I’m glad I didn’t have that issue
Its the ones you do not see that do the damage

Gonna try and be more proactive next year roster. I’m sure we will have heat and humidity again
I am doing some research on rot resistant plants grown in north Cali
Seems they deal with the same conditions and do very large grows there and beat the Rot. Most likely a good resistant seed strain

I am doing some research on rot resistant plants grown in north Cali
Seems they deal with the same conditions and do very large grows there and beat the Rot. Most likely a good resistant seed strain
Lemme know what you find out good. I’m shopping for three outdoor strains for next year. Gonna plant one of bigs snow leopard plants in the ground too. But looking for any seeds resistant to humidity and any other tips from now till then for my notebook. Thanks roster in advance for sharing anything interesting for me to read 🥰

I don’t know if the bird population in my yard has any bearing on the absence of caterpillars but I have literally hundreds of birds visit my yard daily including some wild turkeys. I go thru 80 lbs of sunflower seed and 15-20 suet cakes about every 3 weeks. The good thing about the turkeys are I haven’t found but a few ticks on my cats or dog. The only time I have found them on me is when I have gone on my hillside crew hikes. Usually I pull off a few ticks a day but I have 2 turkeys now that are borderline pets. They love ticks.

Lemme know what you find out good. I’m shopping for three outdoor strains for next year. Gonna plant one of bigs snow leopard plants in the ground too. But looking for any seeds resistant to humidity and any other tips from now till then for my notebook. Thanks roster in advance for sharing anything interesting for me to read 🥰
Might make a topic for a good thread
Wait I think I started one on Rot resistant plants and seeds

I don’t know if the bird population in my yard has any bearing on the absence of caterpillars but I have literally hundreds of birds visit my yard daily including some wild turkeys. I go thru 80 lbs of sunflower seed and 15-20 suet cakes about every 3 weeks. The good thing about the turkeys are I haven’t found but a few ticks on my cats or dog. The only time I have found them on me is when I have gone on my hillside crew hikes. Usually I pull off a few ticks a day but I have 2 turkeys now that are borderline pets. They love ticks.
Free range wild chickens do wonders too

Latest posts

Back