SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t like being ‘that guy’ but from what I have read, the mycotoxins in dead spores are still toxins.

This is an article with plenty of references if you want to go down a rabbit hole.

https://inspectapedia.com/mold/How_to_Kill_Black_Mold.php
The thing is, I am sure most of us that have smoked non-tested bud have at some point smoked some mold spores in our buds. Spores are everywhere. It is probably TLV(threshold limit value) dependent. I like many on here have trimmed off bud rot and used the bud that didn’t have rot on it. I think it is wise of you subbie to keep this away from your son-in-law though.
View attachment 309235

So do you think grain alcohol will kill them Fogey? That’s what I’m gonna probably do with this plant I think make a tincture
I am not well enough informed on the subject but I read about mycotoxins a bit a few years ago in researching a health issue I have. The mold spores contain mycotoxins even when not viable from what I found. That being said, we all breathe in a lot of ‘stuff’ with every breath we take. I used to work in a class 10 cleanroom working in the semiconductor industry and even in there, there are particles floating around. I just wouldn’t feel right not posting the info I posted above. I just wanted to share what I have read(I wouldn’t even call it learned-I am not an expert or even that educated by any stretch of the imagination). That being said, I would give it a try but I don’t have breathing issues. It sounds like hippie has pretty bad asthma and he has trimmed out bud rot and done just fine smoking the buds from plants with bud rot trimmed out(@Hippie420 please chime in if I am wrong).

I'd be careful using any infected flowers if they've had bud rot...is it worth the chance trying ti use it...graywolf would be the go to guy for this question...

I saw that thread and read up on the plant wash for quite some time one night. I was just thinking I didn’t like the sound of washing the plants with something that would be strong enough to kill the botrytis cinerea and still be ok to smoke. I will read more on it tho and look forward to your results and smoke report
This is all good.

I'd be careful using any infected flowers if they've had bud rot...is it worth the chance trying ti use it...graywolf would be the go to guy for this question...
I figured I could clean them up a bit then decarb them and make an alcohol tincture but maybe not? @Tattered Old Graywolf ?

Last edited:
Sorry SubGal
At the very least freeze some to make a Pain Balm using coconut oil and a crockpot for topical use, use it every night on my arthritis

Have you found any Caterpillars as you been trimming?

Sorry SubGal
At the very least freeze some to make a Pain Balm using coconut oil and a crockpot for topical use, use it every night on my arthritis

Have you found any Caterpillars as you been trimming?
No cats or any bugs so far. Don’t know if I will waste my time tho now. It takes 5 times the time to clean them up and you have to break each big bud apart so you end up with all small and I think the spores have spread everywhere by now just from me touching it everywhere. It’s super sticky too making it even harder to take any brown out. I don’t see any white or grey mold but the brown stuff is through the plant I think.

Correct subbie , gray wolf is the tattered old guy. When you get to see the white mold you know that the plant has been hammered… I just had to take three buds the size of hand grenades off of my gorilla breath. The rest of the plant seems to scope out fine but the flowers that showed a brown on the outside were full of mold on the inside.

Thanks DFM this was my first outdoor grow. I lost two plants earlier to bud rot as well. Those ended up in the trash. This one actually made it to the chopping table before the real disappointment set in. I know it’s all in a grow tho and will keep my chin up about it. I still plan to try it again next year with some new ideas and I’m lucky to have two tents in flower now which eases the pain a little. Thank you for your kind comments 😊
And the fact you've got your indoor grow should ease the pain even more. Best of luck. I'd try everything I could to save the outdoor grow fruits to get some use outta 'em. Balms would be a great idea if'n everything else failed.

Correct subbie , gray wolf is the tattered old guy. When you get to see the white mold you know that the plant has been hammered… I just had to take three buds the size of hand grenades off of my gorilla breath. The rest of the plant seems to scope out fine but the flowers that showed a brown on the outside were full of mold on the inside.
Mines not white boo. This is the first bit I’ve done a partial wet trim to thinking I would just decarb it and make tincture but now I don’t know. There is about ten times more this amount to trim. If it’s poison well you know I don’t want to smoke it. I can still see brown in it. It’s very sticky and smells soooo good. I’m probably breathing in spores just trimming it. So far no breathing issues. It’s in my spare bedroom now. Trying to decide if I should trim the rest or let this plant too go down as experience…
FED2C376-2ED5-4218-9913-DA818D450ED7.jpeg

I did lose a branch to that plant a couple weeks ago to the windstorm. I hung it up in my spare bR shower and forgot about it until today. It has no bloom rot so I will at least get to sample a two week early version. Maybe should have harvested then…

And the fact you've got your indoor grow should ease the pain even more. Best of luck. I'd try everything I could to save the outdoor grow fruits to get some use outta 'em. Balms would be a great idea if'n everything else failed.
Yes hippie. I made this THC salve a couple weeks ago using a tincture I made a while back that wasn’t my favorite. I actually love it and also rub it on my knees just in case it might help. It’s made with coconut oil and makes your skin fell really nice. Our daughter loves it too and uses it on the granddaughter's chapped lips and feet and says it really helps them. So maybe I can make up a batch of that with it.
3BE90370-E7D3-4B5D-9496-3B4D4D43F947.jpeg

Yes hippie. I made this THC salve a couple weeks ago using a tincture I made a while back that wasn’t my favorite. I actually love it and also rub it on my knees just in case it might help. It’s made with coconut oil and makes your skin fell really nice. Our daughter loves it too and uses it on the granddaughter's chapped lips and feet and says it really helps them. So maybe I can make up a batch of that with it.

that is a good idea

How the fk are we still alive. Mexican Brick Weed was smoked by many of us. I guarantee you there was mold in some of that shit.
Would I smoke it on purpose,, hell no but I'm pretty fking sure I have. If you can't smell the mold and the weed has all kinds of green and browns and gold's and smells good,,,,,how the fk do you know that your not getting a little mold?

Yes hippie. I made this THC salve a couple weeks ago using a tincture I made a while back that wasn’t my favorite. I actually love it and also rub it on my knees just in case it might help. It’s made with coconut oil and makes your skin fell really nice. Our daughter loves it too and uses it on the granddaughter's chapped lips and feet and says it really helps them. So maybe I can make up a batch of that with it.View attachment 309245
If I can find Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm recipe, I'll post it. Best stuff I've ever used and made. It had tea tree oil, beeswax, menthol crystals, and coconut oil among other stuff. It keeps forever, and when everything fails, it helps my back and shoulders.
BB was a good friend of Yoop's and mine from the original site I met a bunch of old time heads from. Good people.

If I can find Beemer Bill's Botanical Balm recipe, I'll post it. Best stuff I've ever used and made. It had tea tree oil, beeswax, menthol crystals, and coconut oil among other stuff. It keeps forever, and when everything fails, it helps my back and shoulders.
BB was a good friend of Yoop's and mine from the original site I met a bunch of old time heads from. Good people.
Yes please post it💕

View attachment 309229
This brown stuff is bud rot. It just looks dead but from what I understand it may have mold spores on it.
Looks a lot like the buds I just chopped. I found an inch worm in almost every dead area. I plan to cut as much out as I can find, then infuse a ton of butter and freeze it. Pretty sure the 210 degrees I cook the butter at will kill any mold. Just hope there's room in the freezer for all that butter : )

Latest posts

Back