SubGirl’s Garden

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So finally getting to harvesting the dosidos. I got a lot more bud rot then I thought I had. In fact, it’s been taking forever having to separate all the buds into mini buds just to make sure there is no brown anywhere to be found. And I’m sure I have not removed all of it. Well if I continue it will take forever and I’m thinking that I’ve touched the whole bud with the same clippers that I used to cut the rot out but I’m not sure I should risk smoking any and will definitely not let my son-in-law have any. I have asthma and sometimes oddities set it off. Usually chemical relaid like cleaning stuff or bug spray but still don’t know if I want to take a chance on smoking mold (as I trim it away thinking, what to do… trash this plant? Someone mentioned using it for edibles as the decarb or cooking process would kill any mold that might be hanging out. We really don’t eat it, only smoke it and have never smoked decarbed weed. Don’t even know if that would get you high at a dilemma now as what to do. Oh my gosh it smells soooooo good too.
Picture of just one small bud-let but I think there may still be plenty of mold in there still just my opinion. I don’t see any but some tiny brown with closer look on the buds I cracked open
7DB1DFB9-DE7B-4405-A31D-8A05615FCC1B.jpeg

https://premiumcultivars.com/plant-problems/bud-rot/

DIAGNOSING BUD ROT

WHAT DOES BUD ROT LOOK LIKE?

Most newbie cultivators wonder, “what does bud rot look like and how does bud rot smell.” The initial cannabis bud rot signs come when the mold attacks the plant’s stems, resulting in a mushy grey hue. As Botrytis spreads, the leaves get yellow, wilted, and burned. Because rot begins inside the buds before spreading to the exterior parts, diligent and regular monitoring is required to catch the early signs of bud rot before it seriously harms your plants. And to answer your question about what does bud rot look like, here are some bud rot signs:

• The stems have a mushy gray appearance.
  • Leaves that are yellow, withered, or burned
  • Fluffy white fungus on buds
  • Spots that form on the leaves
  • Leaves that are brown, dried, or curled
  • Leaf development that is deformed or irregular
  • Calyces are grayish-brown.
  • Leaf coloring that is darker or purple
  • Minor black spots
  • Brown blooms that have rotted
After identifying bud rot signs, change your clothes before moving to another grow room or region. It is suggested that you wear a protective suit. Identifying bud rot on crevices and cracks of any flowers suspected of having a fungus is crucial. Examine the core to determine if there is any decay. If the core has a mushy brown color, remove the plant, store it in a bag, and keep it away from the rest of your plants to avoid infection. Examine additional plants for similar early signs of bud rot, and quarantine them. Keep an eye out for the formation of a dusty gray webbing with white spores. Pollinators, water, and wind all help spores spread outside. Spores are tough to regulate, even in indoor grow facilities.

No gray at all but some brown dead leaves in the middle of some colas definitely bud rot but I see nothing moldy inside the buds
If there are active spores, it'll grow. Maybe just keep the questionable weed in certain marked jars and see what happens. In a couple weeks to months there won't be any question whether it's good or bad. I feel you though. You go through all that hard work and dedication, just for the very ending to ruin it. Biggest problem for me that's for sure. Hope everything turns out for you. Really enjoy reading all your posts and seeing the fruits of your labor. Good on you girl!

for sure.

If there are active spores, it'll grow. Maybe just keep the questionable weed in certain marked jars and see what happens. In a couple weeks to months there won't be any question whether it's good or bad. I feel you though. You go through all that hard work and dedication, just for the very ending to ruin it. Biggest problem for me that's for sure. Hope everything turns out for you. Really enjoy reading all your posts and seeing the fruits of your labor. Good on you girl!

for sure.
Thanks DFM this was my first outdoor grow. I lost two plants earlier to bud rot as well. Those ended up in the trash. This one actually made it to the chopping table before the real disappointment set in. I know it’s all in a grow tho and will keep my chin up about it. I still plan to try it again next year with some new ideas and I’m lucky to have two tents in flower now which eases the pain a little. Thank you for your kind comments 😊

So finally getting to harvesting the dosidos. I got a lot more bud rot then I thought I had. In fact, it’s been taking forever having to separate all the buds into mini buds just to make sure there is no brown anywhere to be found. And I’m sure I have not removed all of it. Well if I continue it will take forever and I’m thinking that I’ve touched the whole bud with the same clippers that I used to cut the rot out but I’m not sure I should risk smoking any and will definitely not let my son-in-law have any. I have asthma and sometimes oddities set it off. Usually chemical relaid like cleaning stuff or bug spray but still don’t know if I want to take a chance on smoking mold (as I trim it away thinking, what to do… trash this plant? Someone mentioned using it for edibles as the decarb or cooking process would kill any mold that might be hanging out. We really don’t eat it, only smoke it and have never smoked decarbed weed. Don’t even know if that would get you high at a dilemma now as what to do. Oh my gosh it smells soooooo good too.
Picture of just one small bud-let but I think there may still be plenty of mold in there still just my opinion. I don’t see any but some tiny brown with closer look on the buds I cracked open
View attachment 309227
I hear you, asthma is nothing to fool with, and i feel you're pain with your grow. This is my fourth year outside now and every one here has helped me out but Rosterman is my heroe for sure. The only issue for me this year was powdery Mildew and Bud Rot. So may I offer to you what I would do if I were in you're shoes now, I would wash my buds with a 4 to 1 Agrowlyte plant wash in a 5 gal HD bucket before i put them up to dry out. When they get below or between 5 to 12% moisture i would put them in a Grove self regulating storage bag to cure.

AGrowlyte Plant Wash Quart size is a revolutionary product that kills bacteria and pathogens down to the DNA level. AGrowlyte Plant Wash naturally prevents powdery mildew, black mold, brown mold, and grey mold from growing on your plants. With AGrowlyte's proven formula you can be assured that your cannabis will have cleaner leaves with increased growth

Last week I seen PM on my plants and I used this Agrowlyte with an electrostatic Nano Atomizer purchased from Amazon for 30 bucks and it worked the PM showed up like a dear in the head lights and killed it. I posted it here at the passion not one response, ok no problem.

Sorry Sub,,that fking sucks. :(
Thanks hopper. That’s ok. It was great to have big beautiful plants growing on my porch and in my yard all summer. I’m still not use to weed being legal in my state so it was kinda thrilling every time I opened the door and walked outside. Something about that first blast of skunky air too… Kinda like a bouquet only better. I learned some this grow from you and others about keeping my plants dry which will help me next year plus I have been taking notes in my book on what problems I had this year and plan on a few different things next year to try again. I still have one plant (GG#4 that revegged but is still free from bud rot) plus my freak plant so it’s been a fun summer growing them but yes it sucks too 🙃

I hear you, asthma is nothing to fool with, and i feel you're pain with your grow. This is my fourth year outside now and every one here has helped me out but Rosterman is my heroe for sure. The only issue for me this year was powdery Mildew and Bud Rot. So may I offer to you what I would do if I were in you're shoes now, I would wash my buds with a 4 to 1 Agrowlyte plant wash in a 5 gal HD bucket before i put them up to dry out. When they get below or between 5 to 12% moisture i would put them in a Grove self regulating storage bag to cure.

AGrowlyte Plant Wash Quart size is a revolutionary product that kills bacteria and pathogens down to the DNA level. AGrowlyte Plant Wash naturally prevents powdery mildew, black mold, brown mold, and grey mold from growing on your plants. With AGrowlyte's proven formula you can be assured that your cannabis will have cleaner leaves with increased growth

Last week I seen PM on my plants and I used this Agrowlyte with an electrostatic Nano Atomizer purchased from Amazon for 30 bucks and it worked the PM showed up like a dear in the head lights and killed it. I posted it here at the passion not one response, ok no problem.
I saw that thread and read up on the plant wash for quite some time one night. I was just thinking I didn’t like the sound of washing the plants with something that would be strong enough to kill the botrytis cinerea and still be ok to smoke. I will read more on it tho and look forward to your results and smoke report

Does the wash contain Oxidate what big is talking about?

I don’t like being ‘that guy’ but from what I have read, the mycotoxins in dead spores are still toxins.

This is an article with plenty of references if you want to go down a rabbit hole.

https://inspectapedia.com/mold/How_to_Kill_Black_Mold.php
The thing is, I am sure most of us that have smoked non-tested bud have at some point smoked some mold spores in our buds. Spores are everywhere. It is probably TLV(threshold limit value) dependent. I like many on here have trimmed off bud rot and used the bud that didn’t have rot on it. I think it is wise of you subbie to keep this away from your son-in-law though.
94A09DCF-5E85-4219-AAA5-B24DB4222A1A.jpeg

Latest posts

Back